Sonic Wings Special (PSX/Saturn) - New Thread

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
tinotormed

Sonic Wings Special (PSX/Saturn) - New Thread

Post by tinotormed »

Kaiser requested me to continue on with this high score thread, so yup. Here it is!

Rules:
1) Default settings only.
2) STRICTLY one credit only!
3) Please indicate which port you may have used (PSX, PS3 or Saturn)

Note (for those who want to choose their path for Stages 5 & 7):
For Stage 5 (of course after defeating the boss), you'll have a choice of either playing for Bosporus or Panama. Then on Stage 7, you are given certain countries to enter. (Depending on what stage you selected) It's either Moscow or Hawaii for Bosporus, and Mexico or Hawaii (I think) for Panama.

Update (3/11/13):
1) Those who are playing SWS on their PSPs can be considered but you must indicate it is a PSX version.
2) The downloadable PSN version is now accepted, but you must indicate it is for the PS3.

Format will go like this:
Name - Score - Stage - Fighter Plane (that means character name) - Path (the stage you have chosen for Stages 6 and 8, respectively) - Port

Example:
abcdefg - 123,450 - ALL - Hi-en - Panama/Mexico - Saturn

So, there are the scores:

Normal

Code: Select all

1) Mero - 856,600 - 9 - Kowful - Panama/Mexico - PSX
2) the allett - 673,400 - ALL - Kowful - Bosporus/Hawaii - PSX
3) DocHauser - 625,200 - ALL - Captain Silver - Bosporus/Hawaii - PSP (PSX version)
4) CIT - 615,600 - ALL - Anjera - Bosporus/Moscow - Saturn
5) Kaiser - 606,400 - ALL - Kowful - Bosporus/Hawaii - PSX
6) clp - 588,300 - ALL - Chaika & Pooshika - Panama / Pexico - PSX
7) ChainsawGuitar - 585,900 - ALL - Volk - Bosporus/Hawaii - Saturn
8) andsuchisdeath - 554,700 - ALL - Kowful - Bosporus/Hawaii - Saturn
9) Damocles - 553,300 - ALL - Capt. Silver - Bosporus/Moscow - PSX
10)
Hard

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
PRO!!!

1)
2)
3)
Last edited by tinotormed on Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
tinotormed

Re: Sonic Wings Special (PSX/Saturn) - New Thread

Post by tinotormed »

Yup. Everything is nice and new. andisuchisdeath, the allett, Mero and clp, pls. indicate the ports you are using.
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
the allett

Post by the allett »

PSX port
In the words of an alcholic, have another drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vamos

Post by Vamos »

Clp here , i used the psx port thanks . Be nice if someone starts a sonic wings limited thread aswell .
andsuchisdeath

Post by andsuchisdeath »

Saturn port for my score.
Mero

Post by Mero »

Playstation version for me
ChainsawGuitarSP

Post by ChainsawGuitarSP »

ChainsawGuitar - 585,900 - ALL - Volk - Bosporus/Hawaii - Saturn

Normal mode was used.
Innovations in Recreational Electronic Media
Mero

Post by Mero »

Improved score

Mero - 856,600 - 9 - Kowful - Panama/Mexico - PSX

I swear this is harder than the original arcade games. EDIT: normal difficulty
DocHauser

Post by DocHauser »

(Normal)

DocHauser - 625,200 - ALL - Captain Silver - Bosporus/Hawaii - PSP (PSX version)
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

oh cool, there is a topic. can you open a board for limited, or i should i make a new thread? also, can you open an easy board? just for the hell of it. same as touhou and stuff, it's not like enemies don't shoot on easy or something...

this game is really weird. you really really need to play it in vertical mode because otherwise your shots won't even reach the other end of the screen properly. it was pretty obviously meant to be this grand arcade experience, which is why i don't really understand how limited turned out the way it did.

also the autofire is terrible, i just spent a half hour trying to get a plugin going. considering everything else, i wouldn't be surprised if the autofire improved itself in vertical mode, but i don't even feel like testing that i just wanna plaaaay.

i'm not sure whether or not i wanna say the game is harder, at least on normal. sonic wings 2 and 3 are absolute hell, due largely in part to being poorly designed for horizontal. generally, balance is completely out of whack in these games, and the sw2-> scoring system exclusively rewards the faster ships (medals vs enemies). special still has the medaling and lots of weirdness, but the vertical orientation is a significant improvement, i think. no wonder shin nakamura bailed when he heard v-system was going [s]loco[/s] yoko.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Despatche wrote:oh cool, there is a topic. can you open a board for limited, or i should i make a new thread? also, can you open an easy board? just for the hell of it. same as touhou and stuff, it's not like enemies don't shoot on easy or something...

this game is really weird. you really really need to play it in vertical mode because otherwise your shots won't even reach the other end of the screen properly. it was pretty obviously meant to be this grand arcade experience, which is why i don't really understand how limited turned out the way it did.

also the autofire is terrible, i just spent a half hour trying to get a plugin going. considering everything else, i wouldn't be surprised if the autofire improved itself in vertical mode, but i don't even feel like testing that i just wanna plaaaay.

i'm not sure whether or not i wanna say the game is harder, at least on normal. sonic wings 2 and 3 are absolute hell, due largely in part to being poorly designed for horizontal. generally, balance is completely out of whack in these games, and the sw2-> scoring system exclusively rewards the faster ships (medals vs enemies). special still has the medaling and lots of weirdness, but the vertical orientation is a significant improvement, i think. no wonder shin nakamura bailed when he heard v-system was going [s]loco[/s] yoko.
Almost exactly a year later. You should totally make a thread for Limited, it's so very different from SWS really, and I like it a lot better since I don't have to mess around with PSX emulation stuff :D

Question though, anyone know how to get to mars in SWL? There's very little info on the internet but it says you need less than 555k points during panama canal, which just isn't true because that takes you to orbit.
Cee
Banned User

Post by Cee »

ProjectAKo wrote:You should totally make a thread for Limited
this