Double Spoiler ~ Touhou Bunkachou [PC]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Despatche

Double Spoiler ~ Touhou Bunkachou [PC]

Post by Despatche »

Slowdown rate must not be more than 5% for any scene clear. A replay bundle is recommended for new first place scores.

The total score and missions cleared numbers are in the upper right corner of the Mission select screen; post this screen when submitting a screenshot. You may link to a single file archive of all your replays, if you wish; please try to use .zip, .rar, or .7z formats when doing so. Try not to use "temporary" uploaders for either images or replay archives.

If you have uploaded your replays on gensokyo.org, link to the replay description page, and not the actual file.

For those having problems with screenshots, read this.

Post each score as follows:

Code: Select all

CHARACTER
NAME - SCORE - SCENES - SCREENSHOT/ARCHIVE [- VERSION]

1.  chum            -  98,342,554 - C  [v1.00a   ]
2.  ARF             -  64,000,534 - C  [v1.00a   ]
3.  Andrew          -  60,003,587 - C  [v1.00a EN]
4.  Heartbeam       -  43,086,168 - C 
5.  SIK-07          -  30,367,067 - C 
6.  Enhasa          -  24,552,170 - C 
7.  Sapz            -  21,990,963 - C 
8.  CloudyMusic     -  15,257,602 - 76
9.  EPS21           -  11,659,583 - 67
10. spineshark      -  10,219,965 - 56
11. argelius        -   6,226,771 - 46
12. Sock            -   1,623,705 - 20
13. Pirate1019      -   1,612,054 - 20
Hatate

1.  chum            - 104,107,331 - C  [v1.00a   ]
2.  pocik_iz_aomori -  75,363,908 - C
3.  ARF             -  66,157,743 - C  [v1.00a   ]
4.  Heartbeam       -  65,159,877 - C 
5.  Sapz            -  17,492,888 - C 
Last edited by Despatche on Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:05 pm, edited 22 times in total.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Re: Double Spoiler. ~ Touhou Bunkachou [PC]

Post by O. Van Bruce »

@_@

Well, I suppose that my maniac obsession of allways taking good shots has been usefull

I haven't even finished all the scenes XD

(2 escenes on level 8, 1 escene on level 9 and most of level 10 and 12 are still imcomplete, plus 2 extra escenes...)

Sik-07

Post by Sik-07 »

Aya
SIK-07 - 30,367,067 - C

ARF

Post by ARF »

Aya
ARF - 64,000,534 - ALL

Been working on getting some better scores in this game lately, as I'm fed up with all these challenge runs (no vertical, no horizontal, no focus no alignment change, 120fps, ultra patch, speed clearing). A few replays attached here.
ARF

Post by ARF »

Hatate
ARF - 66,157,743 - C

Replay bundle can again be found over here.
Andrew

Re: Double Spoiler ~ Touhou Bunkachou [PC]

Post by Andrew »

Aya
Andrew - 50,106,364 - ALL

Some scoring I did a few months ago. Photo game scoring is surprisingly fun. If I see someone else scoring this game in the future, I may get back into it again. There's a few scenes I can't improve my score on because I have a lot of trouble clearing them, but fortunately, they make up less than 10% of all the scenes in the game, so hopefully I'll be able to push my total score to 60-70mil with the help of some replays.
chum

Post by chum »

Aya
chum - 60,053,878 - C

Rush job. After how I've treated StB (1000+ hours) this is just pathetic in comparison, but my goal was just to go through the scenes quickly with scoring in mind, while not caring about getting passable runs. Ok so I actually stopped and tried to improve 3-4 and a few others a bit, but I usually just moved on after 1 finished run.

Replays helped a lot. If you don't care about being good I would recommend looking at some lower scoring replays, not the highest scoring ones, and see what kinds of strategies they used. Since I didn't actually want to do anything difficult, compromise was key in my case. I missed the mark as I thought it would yield me around 70 million in the end, guess I overestimated my photo skills a bit. Starting to like this game a bit more though. There are a lot of scenes I don't like, at all, but I'll definitely submit something better later. Maybe I'll play Hatate more, too, since she's cute. Currently only have 16 scenes cleared with her, heh.

Now I definitely prefer StB to DS by far, but I kind of do want to give this game a better shot. It has a some nice things going for it and plays differently from StB. Did I mention that Hatate is cute?
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Aya
Andrew - 51,471,509 - ALL

Getting back into this game again. Gonna try to improve my total score to 60-70m in between my Lunatic 1cc attempts. Also gonna try to go for some decent scores on my favourite scenes. 8-3 is my favourite so far. I was dying quite a bit and getting a lot of crappy photos under 450K for awhile, but after around 500 shots of using the 3rd place royalflare strat, I improved from 1.7m-2.5m. Good enough for now, but I would like to go for 2.6-2.7m eventually. Just need more consistent 500K+ shots. Maybe I'll aim even higher if I can ever at least occasionally get a 600k+ shot like the world record gets. It's taking awhile, but I'm slowly getting better at herding the fairies in this scene.

Thanks for the advice on watching lower scoring replays instead of just the world records, it's coming in handy so far.
chum

Post by chum »

Aya
chum - 70,378,000 - C

rush job #2, I can share some replays on request but really there's nothing worth watching here, nearly all individual scores are abysmal at the moment. I decided I could keep statistics for this game like I do with StB because why not. It is fun to compare later on

here they are. I think it's amusing to compare this garbage to my last statistics update for shoot the bullet (here), made back in september. new update for it would add around 20,000 or more photos to the overall count, heh.

anyway, I will never put anywhere near as much time into DS as I have into StB, never... but It's enjoyable to me atm. go aya go!

ermmmmm goals? there's a bunch of scores I want to be good and there's even more that I at least want to get to passable levels (only a handful of those at the moment) and other than that I want 70 million Hatate score, I haven't been playing much Hatate so far (17 scenes cleared, 4.5 million overall score) but I don't think I can take DS too seriously with StB so close to my heart
chum

Post by chum »

Aya
chum - 80,004,469 - C

Hatate
chum - 20,653,602 - 26

ImageImage

80 million target was reached in lower time than expected, I guess it is not a whole lot after all, but 90 million might be too much to aim for since I'd sooner go back to StB than get that far in this game (though I wouldn't be surprised if I do keep playing DS until 90 million since it is a very achievable score after all, probably corresponding to around 62~ million in StB) but mainly I'm just going to grind the scenes to higher levels, instead of focusing on the overall score now, as far as Aya is concerned.

I threw in the Hatate score too even though I've not played her much so far, but I will raise her overall score further now that Aya has 80 million. Hatate scores higher than Aya so I'll try to raise her score to a similar amount, but I don't quite know what to expect since I play Hatate less for a reason.

I updated the statistics here. It was yet another rush job, since most scenes have barely any time spent on them.

There's some replays on royalflare under my name, but I do not have a bundle, sorry. I do have more replays but they're not ordered or labeled, it's a hassle to identify and share them, and they're bad runs anyway.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Aya
Andrew - 53,639,672 - ALL

After yet another hiatus from Touhou, I've resumed playing this game once again. A few other scores were improved but this is the one I'm most happy with. Managed to take a royalflare triangle from chum. The main reason why I like 8-3 is because it has a puzzle element to it. The more I understand this scene, the better I become at herding the fairies into the best composition possible for the most amount of points, and the better I get at surviving and minimizing dangerous situations. With my current strat, I can get 550k shots pretty regularly if everything goes right, and even a bad photo is rarely below 500k anymore. I also die less often than I used to.

There are a couple things I found annoying though:
1. Orin's hitbox is bigger than her sprite. Lost a 2.7m pace run earlier because I got killed by empty space above her wheelbarrow. I've had that happen in ISC and I've heard that other bosses in this game have that problem too.
2. When Orin moves she would sometimes ram into me. Although this is less likely to happen as long as you don't get too close to her hitbox and dash away right after taking your photo. I die to that less often now.
3. With bad rng, the fairies can spread out into pretty nasty patterns sometimes, but so far I haven't encountered anything truly impossible.

Perhaps I'll go for a decent Hatate score at some point, and a royalflare diamond in the Aya category if I can pull off Hiatus' 600k photo strats, but until then, I'm pretty happy with this.

Some other Double Spoiler scenes I like are 8-1, 9-6 and 12-8, so I'll try to go for decent scores in those ones too.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Aya
Andrew - 60,003,587 - ALL

60m achieved finally. Think I'm done working on total score for now. Gonna focus more on improving specific scenes. 12-8 is my most played scene at the moment. I'm happy with my current score on it so far, but I would like to push it a little higher at some point. With my current consistency, 2.72m (the current 3rd place rf score) would require a pretty lucky run, but it looks like it could just barely be in reach. Also, though not consistently, I've managed to pull off a few 600k photos on 8-3 with Aya, so I do plan to go for an rf diamond (2.8m atm) on that scene at some point.
chum

Post by chum »

Aya
chum - 84,635,729 - C

Hatate
chum - 77,776,981 - 89

Eh. Best score here is probably the 1.9m 7-6 score with Hatate. Speaking of which, I still have 10 more scenes to beat with Hatate, but I just haven't felt like playing those yet, and I don't give a damn about clearing scenes without scoring.
chum

Post by chum »

Aya
chum - 89,096,113 - C

Hatate
chum - 91,170,577 - C

This has been my favored game to work on lately. So goddamn difficult.

http://score.royalflare.net/th125/levelscene125.html lots of replays here but I only submit if I think the score's decent or whatever.

I'll keep playing this for as long as I have the motivation, then I need to attend to unfinished business in GFW.
Mehmet

Post by Mehmet »

-
Last edited by Mehmet on Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
chum

Post by chum »

Aya
chum - 94,864,345 - C

Hatate
chum - 100,063,570 - C

CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Seriously impressed with your dedication. Great work.
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Almost a 10% jump in score. Crazy. What do you figure the theoretical maximum is?
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
chum

Post by chum »

That's a bit ambiguous due to the heavy RNG aspect, but just combining all WRs adds up to I think around 108 million, so that much at least should be possible.

Although I've lost a lot of my notes, I do keep sum of bests for a lot of categories and the RNG is typically too severe for the theoretical maximum to really matter in practice. Basically, It's just a fun number.

What would be really fun is putting all of the SoB together and seeing what kind of overall score could come out of that, but I couldn't do that alone anyway since I'm not good enough at all the categories to have a good SoB in them. I imagine it would shoot up the theory max to 120 mil or more if good players started combining their SoB for this purpose. OFC, like I mentioned, a useless number in practice.

With Aya, I think the combined WRs are sitting at around 102 million. I would love to reach 100 mil with her but I'm not sure I'll be able to.
CloudyMusic

Post by CloudyMusic »

Aya
CloudyMusic - 15,257,602 - 76

Missing the vast majority of levels 9+ because I need to get good. I'll focus on trying to get the all-clear first, but I'm still not convinced I'll be able to pull that off very soon.

I love the design of this game, it makes it really easy to chip away here and there even when I don't have a ton of time to play.
Mehmet

Post by Mehmet »

-
Last edited by Mehmet on Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
chum

Post by chum »

Aya
chum - 96,469,600 - C

Hatate
chum - 101,801,973 - C

I keep taking breaks but I will do my best not to falter this time, against my better judgement. at the very least I want to get some major goals done this year, preferably within summer if I'm able. The goals:

1. 100 stars on royalflare (currently there are 77)
2. a score submitted on every category (currently there are around 30 missing, i think)

I have submitted a lot of scores that I think are not good enough, there are just so many categories and working on this game takes very much time. However, with my current playstyle, I think I will meet goal 1 & 2 around the same time, and then beyond that point I will also work more and more on the less solid submissions (as I'm already doing, from time to time.) Also, I have not counted the reverse spoiler categories even though Royalflare counts them. A lot of progress has been made but in the long run, depending on how far I want to take it, there is much work left to do... certainly, there is no other game I want to work on over this one, not even Fairy Wars. Double Spoiler has such an endless potential, a huge skill ceiling, and requires very much grinding, in addition to having such a large number of categories and variety, meaning I can pick and choose what to play myself... no doubt this is "the one" for me. I want to do so much more. hopefully next update will be the first big one, and yet not the last.

Once those major goals are done with, I'll probably make a video. Yet, recorded play really doesn't tell the full story in photography games, this is one of the downsides. You can spend a large amount of time on a single category, and then the finished product appears just the same as any other run you completed over and over. These are lonely games, and I still find this fact regrettable. It doesn't help that the scoring mechanics and patterns are unique and complex, alienating everyone.
chum

Post by chum »

Aya
chum - 97,908,082 - C

Hatate
chum - 103,570,817 - C

http://score.royalflare.net/th125/ranking125.html

100 records on Royalflare was achieved. This is my best accomplishment yet, so I am happy to have reached this goal. I like Double Spoiler very much, so I will keep working on this game.