Battle Bakraid

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Shepardus

Re: Battle Bakraid

Post by Shepardus »

Damn nice score! It looks to me that with a good chain on Cloud, you could counterstop the non-Unlimited version on Normal.

I haven't gotten to play much recently (finals coming up soon...) but when I get the chance I'll probably see if I can rip off some of your chain routes. :)

Edit: I don't feel like double-posting but here are some new scores. Probably going to hold off on posting more until I get really significant score improvements since I'm about to start learning the Naval chain.
Spoiler
No longer my best scores (see later posts in this thread)

Normal Course:
Shepardus - 31,226,760 - Flame Viper [C] - 6 (Boss)
Stage edit: Railroad -> Naval -> Desert -> Seaside

Advanced Course:
Shepardus - 30,518,830 - Flame Viper [C] - 6
Boss Only:
Shepardus - 16,619,250 - Flame Viper [C] - 6 (Tiamat)
Last edited by Shepardus on Fri May 08, 2015 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Old scores
Spoiler
First run today, and I finally pulled off the Naval chain, until I realized what I had just done and died to the boss in my surprise.
Normal Course:

Code: Select all

Shepardus - 41,116,330 - Flame Viper [C] - Stage 3 (Boss)
Stage Edit: Railroad -> Naval -> Desert -> Seaside (though I didn't even get past Naval)

And a similar run for Advanced Course:

Advanced Course:

Shepardus - 39,921,030 - Flame Viper [C] - Stage 3 (Boss)
Stage Edit: Railroad -> Naval -> Desert -> Seaside
Last edited by Shepardus on Sun May 10, 2015 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

OLD SCORES, NOTHING TO SEE HERE
Spoiler
Normal Course:

Shepardus - 44,786,630 - Flame Viper [C] - ALL
YouTube
Couldn't commit suicide in time to carry the Naval chain to the boss, but getting an all clear made up for that. I haven't put time into learning the chains for Desert or Seaside but I managed to improvise something decent for Seaside. If I had just gotten the full Naval chain I might have been able to take the top spot since the two flaps on Leviathan are worth 6.4 million with a 64x multiplier.

Advanced Course:

Shepardus - 43,701,290 - Flame Viper [C] - 8
Nothing much to say about this one, except that it's the farthest I've gotten so far. Stage 7 for some reason is a lot easier than stage 6 (Cloud), probably because the bosses in this game are a lot harder than the rest of the stages, at least for survival.
Last edited by Shepardus on Sat May 16, 2015 10:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
ciox

Post by ciox »

Great progress man, it's great to see some activity around this game.
ciox

Post by ciox »

Advanced Course
ciox - 66,420,050 - Flame Viper (C) - ALL (SE) - shmupmame3b

Another decent run, pretty piddly increase in score but still good because it's finally over 50% of the WR (ancient goal) and also a clear (with NMNB on Vampire for 300,000 too, in fact I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be over 50% without that last push)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/r47r8 ... _clear.inp
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Awesome, can't wait to watch that run!

Edit: 100k medals :o Very nice Vampire!
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
ciox

Post by ciox »

Shepardus wrote:Awesome, can't wait to watch that run!

Edit: 100k medals :o Very nice Vampire!
Thanks! I love red medals, check today's run if you like, has crazy red medalling in Empire and other tricks, about 54mil http://www.mediafire.com/download/w2jaa ... th_54m.inp
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Spoiler
Outdated scores
YouTube video
Normal Course

Shepardus - 51,621,480 - Flame Viper [C] - 5 (SE) - Mameplus 0.160

Finally managed to pull off the Naval chain, and got the Desert chain too (up until bridging it into the boss, which I haven't learned yet). Starting panicking on Bahamut and that carried over into Seaside, but I still survived long enough to top Icarus's score by just a bit.

Advanced Course

Shepardus - 57,818,580 - Flame Viper [C] - 6 (SE) - Mameplus 0.160
Last edited by Shepardus on Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Spoiler
Outdated scores
Are scores from the non-Unlimited version allowed?
Normal Course:

Shepardus - 63,999,990 - Flame Viper [C] - 6 (SE) - Mameplus 0.160 (Apr. 7 1999 rom)
Stage Edit order: Railroad -> Naval -> Desert -> Seaside

Advanced Course:

Shepardus - 62,286,320 - Flame Viper [C] - 6 (SE) - Mameplus 0.160
Last edited by Shepardus on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Spoiler
Outdated score
Advanced Course:

Shepardus - 68,602,450 - Flame Viper [C] - 7 Boss (SE) - Mameplus 0.160

Finally managed to chain Seaside all the way through. I'm pretty happy with this run, aside from missing the chain extension into Gigamanta.
Last edited by Shepardus on Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
ciox

Post by ciox »

Ha, you're on!

Advanced Course
ciox - 72,341,210 - Flame Viper (C) - ALL (SE) - shmupmame3b
http://www.mediafire.com/download/h8isq ... du_72m.inp
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Couldn't even let me bask in my glory for a single day, eh? :P Ah well, it's more fun when you've got a serious competitor.

Edit: Just watched the run, very nice! The last stage is worth more than I had assumed, looks like I'll have to make more of an effort to actually reach that stage.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

Nice work both of you, it's so hard to get consistent scores on this game, if I can put good stages all together then I'd get something like 60m too.
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

I'm not consistent at all at this game, I just spam runs enough until everything manages to go right for once. :P

Getting the two 50k flaps on Leviathan is probably the single part I have the most difficulty with, but the extra bomb time with B-type might make that easier.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Spoiler
Outdated score
Advanced Course:

Shepardus - 70,842,850 - Flame Viper [C] - 8 Boss (SE) - Mameplus 0.160

Died with half a bomb left :x But at least it's a new PB. Still got a couple million before reaching ciox's score though. I need to put more effort into routing the last two stages...
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Advanced Course:

Shepardus - 76,631,300 - Flame Viper [S] - 8 (SE) - Mameplus 0.160

Decided to try using Flame Viper S instead of C for a while and see if the extra speed helps. I guess this is a yes?

The first six stages were the best I ever had, resulting in a score of 73 million. The next two stages were pretty disastrous though, starting with me both dying and dropping an extend at the start of stage 7 due to either a keyboard glitch or just me holding right without realizing. And as you can see from the screenshot, I game-overed in stage 8 with an extend on the screen, in a futile attempt to chain the stage. Oh well, the first six stages alone make me quite happy with this run, and if I can do that more often I can put more effort into practicing the last two stages.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Goddamn. :O
Admittedly I haven't touched an STG for the past few months because MMOs etc, but I'm happy to see you guys are still killing it. Got for 80mil+!
Also, is Limbrooke still around? This thread hasn't been updated since Sept '14.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

Icarus wrote:Goddamn. :O
Admittedly I haven't touched an STG for the past few months because MMOs etc, but I'm happy to see you guys are still killing it. Got for 80mil+!
Also, is Limbrooke still around? This thread hasn't been updated since Sept '14.
I'm still here however my current computer is down so I've got bigger fish to fry presently. I can update this as mentioned within short notice if I'm sent a PM. Nobody has done that yet so it's not dire, pardon the very nice new scores posted recently. Anyway, I can update this weekend.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Normal Course:
Video
Shepardus - 72,666,310 - Flame Viper [S] - ALL

Got a Normal Course score I'm quite satisfied with. I probably could have maintained my multiplier on Gigamanta a bit longer if I had committed suicide one more time but I wanted to clear so I kept the life for safety.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
ciox

Post by ciox »

Advanced Course
ciox - 84,696,710 - Flame Viper (B) - ALL (SE) - shmupmame4.2

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wTLWE-s8lE
Input: https://www.mediafire.com/?0pqb4snemxejbq9

I like this run enough that I'm adding annotations to the video to explain what's going on, it's up to Cloud or so for now.
The main new stuff I've managed to stuff into this run are a new Axebeak route where you don't have to wait at the start (B-type for stronger bombs required) and a full Railroad chain that's profitable, I ignore medals for pretty much the entire run to focus on new stuff and high scoring chains.
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

Fantastic replay. Great job!
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Amazing stuff! Too bad the end of Naval didn't go so well... Do you have a route for it that you just didn't get to do, or have you not routed that with Type B yet? I had trouble with that when trying to create routes for Type B myself, and just never progressed past there. I believe that it's possible to raise rank high enough that you can just throw the half-bomb on top of Leviathan like you would with the other types without destroying it, but obviously raising rank brings its own issues.

I love that new Axebeak route, I'm tempted to switch over to Type B myself just to avoid the tedium of waiting for the 50k panels to open (though I still want to perfect my/yk's existing Type S routes first...). Looks like it's more palatable for new players as well, which is great.

I've gotten 22.0-22.1 million by the end of Railroad with Type B (21.2 with other types) without chaining through the stage, so chaining Railroad does seem profitable overall but barely so in my opinion (only by about half a million). I suspect you may be able to optimize Cyclops more but I'm not entirely sure on that considering you're starting Cyclops with 0 bombs instead of the ~2.5 I usually start with.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Toot toot! Grats on the stellar scores, guys!
Post your findings in the ST, lets build it out.
ciox

Post by ciox »

Thanks for the kind words, friends.
Shepardus wrote:Amazing stuff! Too bad the end of Naval didn't go so well... Do you have a route for it that you just didn't get to do, or have you not routed that with Type B yet? I had trouble with that when trying to create routes for Type B myself, and just never progressed past there. I believe that it's possible to raise rank high enough that you can just throw the half-bomb on top of Leviathan like you would with the other types without destroying it, but obviously raising rank brings its own issues.

I love that new Axebeak route, I'm tempted to switch over to Type B myself just to avoid the tedium of waiting for the 50k panels to open (though I still want to perfect my/yk's existing Type S routes first...). Looks like it's more palatable for new players as well, which is great.

I've gotten 22.0-22.1 million by the end of Railroad with Type B (21.2 with other types) without chaining through the stage, so chaining Railroad does seem profitable overall but barely so in my opinion (only by about half a million). I suspect you may be able to optimize Cyclops more but I'm not entirely sure on that considering you're starting Cyclops with 0 bombs instead of the ~2.5 I usually start with.
B route for naval, well pretty much the usual "route", just keep your bombs away from scoring targets at all times and just aura them, hopefully the longer bomb duration will help you pull through without the bomb damage.
I really recommend switching to B and fast Axebeak, your runs will go quicker and you'll play a lot more before you get bored, it's definitely how the game should be presented to new players.
Railroad indeed can and should be optimized further, I think it's possible to end up with 4 lives and 1.5 bombs with better suicides, and also score slightly better during the stage.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Insane score, and great new Axebeak route.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

Much like the SW2/3 topic, some fantastic scores here. Well done on progress. It's updated for now.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
ciox

Post by ciox »

ciox - 92,345,680 - Flame Viper (B) - 8 (SE) - shmupmame3b
Input: https://www.mediafire.com/?a9aov6jbe8kt3ue

100mil feels so close, this run actually has no scoring at all in the ending part of Naval, to give you some perspective. I compensate for that with some new tricks like getting 50000x64 from Gigamanta's second form and drive up the rank pretty heavily to get more 2000x64 popcorn enemies. there's also the infamous Vampire 200x64 missile milking which isn't too bad at high rank with the extra missiles that spawn.
Shepardus

Post by Shepardus »

Amazing score, I'll have to check out the replay as soon as I've got the time!

I myself haven't had much luck with this game lately, probably due to my insistence on sticking with Type S until I'm satisfied with my score with that. I'm really impressed with all the new tricks you've been coming up with, makes me feel like I have no idea what I'm doing in comparison. :P
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube
ciox

Post by ciox »

I've been hacking away at this game for a long time, not sure why I'm only now finding all this stuff, gotta have the right frame of mind and believe there are still tricks to find I suppose, and lately I am increasingly a believer.
That new Gigamanta trick is nice to know about but it's a total Yagawa-ism, very hard and very dependent on RNG, mostly interesting to have it as an option in case you're overloaded with resources, since you'll be getting extends after Cloud anyway.
Smraedis

Post by Smraedis »

ciox wrote:ciox - 92,345,680 - Flame Viper (B) - 8 (SE) - shmupmame3b
Such amazing work on this game!
The Unknown? I'm the one who knows!
My shmup achievements | and my Superplays!