monouchi

Re: Custom Sticks Thread!!

Post by monouchi »

Back again:

nash87

Post by nash87 »

Sweet, thanks so much man
GaijinPunch wrote:Someone PM me when we have to play w/ the stick up our asses.
"shrimps in my eyes! I cannot see!"
XBLA: h8erfisternator
fishstickilicious

Post by fishstickilicious »

This is the first stick that I built from scratch with an LS-32 and seimitsu buttons. The 1P button was a happ button, because I really like it. The panel is MDF and the casing is poplar finished with polyurethane with acrylic. I just took it for a test run today and it played well on my lap. I'm still gonna need some rubber feet for it, though.

mdsfx

Post by mdsfx »

EDIT: Done with this one i think.

Also have a Futari one I've started.

monouchi

Post by monouchi »

Third time making an Arcade stick.
The DFK stick was too much bling, the Namco stick was too small to fit a LS-60.
Now I wanted "less is more" and to mimic my cabs. Fitted with Sanwa buttons, Seimitsu LS-60 stick, USB-pcb.
I printed the overlay 7 times to find the correct colors and size of logos,patterns etc etc.
The base is a PS2 Tekken 5 JP stick.

brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

I forgot to post this. Got a TE2 and changed the art, plexi, balltop, dustwasher and buttons. Sanwa JLF and Sanwa clear snap-ins. Nothing major, but I really liked the way it came out.
opt2not

Post by opt2not »

Great choice of art from one of my top Ghibli films. Nicely done! :D
sky-13

Post by sky-13 »

That Nausicaa art looks great!
WARNING: no refuge
CkRtech

Post by CkRtech »

Wow. Awesome!
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

thanks guys :D
JRDIBBS

Post by JRDIBBS »

Hello everyone,

Been a lurker for some time and after looking at all the awesome setups here I decided to post my own.

First a Foehammer case I was able to score for cheap, add clear SANWA OBSCs, a JLF with a heavier spring, a Padhacked Hori FC4 and Kaimana LED controller and LEDs. Viola!

And my second boasts a LS-40 (pictured with an older jlf though) and Sanwas cased in a Jasen's Customs v1 Panzer shell.

Third is another Panzer but this time a Sanwa 6btn/ JLF layout with an Chimp SMD

Want to update a Madcatz SFxT and add art, the Futari ones in here all look great!
Eckers569

Post by Eckers569 »

Sitting in piles of broken plexiglass - Here's my recently completed labor of love.

Twin Neo Geo Hori fightsticks refurblished with new art work vinyls, Seimitsu buttons and stick.

[img]C:\Users\james\Desktop\New%20folder\Customised%20Neo%20Geo%20Fighstick%201[/img]
Shoryukev

Post by Shoryukev »

I've made a few arcade sticks for myself and friends, and customized my madcatz SF4 stick.

Here's the 4 player arcade stick setup I built for my mame cab :D
The sticks for player 1 & 2 are sanwa JLF's (octagon gates currently installed), player 3 and 4 have happ sticks. All the buttons are happ as well. The whole thing is made out of 3/4" plywood, and the JLF joysticks are installed with recessed brackets from the backside. This is connected to my PC through an i-pac4 usb interface unit, works great the 5-7 years I've had it.
Spoiler

Here's my SF4 stick for my ps3/4. I changed the balltop to a bat-top, custom dust cover on the stick with punch/kick symbols, some random things like red anodized bolts, and replaced the top with some artwork and an etched piece of plastic with some writing on it.
Spoiler
Eckers569

Post by Eckers569 »

Attempt 3...

wgogh

Post by wgogh »

Awesome sticks!
Too bad the parts are overpriced to get here, importing! But someday I might get a 4 or 6 button stick and maybe put some Lovecraftian art.
Eckers569

Post by Eckers569 »

wgogh wrote:Awesome sticks!
Too bad the parts are overpriced to get here, importing! But someday I might get a 4 or 6 button stick and maybe put some Lovecraftian art.
Yeah, this was my fist attempt at customising these sticks. It was pretty expensive even based in the UK - but that was mainly because of silly errors i made along the way trying to fit everything in the small low(ish) profile Hori case - i now have loads of left-over buttons and wires.

The actual cost of parts was pretty reasonable - my biggest outlay was the sticks themselves and postage even though they were in pretty bad shape when i got them.

This guys are great for the parts - http://www.arcadeworlduk.com
Got amzing quality vinyl print for the artwork i photoshopped together from these guys in America i think - http://www.gameongrafix.com
And these local guys were fantastic for the laser-cut plexi-glass www.frwarren.com

Will deffo be using them all again when i get my arcade cab projects off the ground.
TransatlanticFoe

Post by TransatlanticFoe »

+1 for Arcade World UK. Used them for sticks and buttons for both of my custom arcade sticks. Great selection and prices.
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

Looks like it was worth it! Also, i like big boxes, and you even have a place to rest your hand, wich for me is great.
I would like to have one in the same style, when i have the money of my 1st stick.
Shoryukev

Post by Shoryukev »

+1 for gameongrafx. I used them for my mame control panel and their printing and materials are fantastic.
Eckers569

Post by Eckers569 »

Shoryukev wrote:+1 for gameongrafx. I used them for my mame control panel and their printing and materials are fantastic.
Love that 4 player Mame control panel you've done... rethinking my 2 stick approach for my next...
Shoryukev

Post by Shoryukev »

Eckers569 wrote:Love that 4 player Mame control panel you've done... rethinking my 2 stick approach for my next...
Thanks :) I'd honestly stick to a 2 player one though. Player 3 & 4 only get used when my two small kids (3 & 6 years old) want to play some beat-em up's like TMNT, x-men, simpsons, etc. and my wife and I both join in. It was also rather difficult to source an image for the control panel since it's like 52" wide and only 20-22" deep....live and learn. At least I made player 1 and 2 uncrowded from each other. I wanted two large people to be able to play fighting games against each other without bumping shoulders.

My next project will probably be a 1 player vertical monitor cabinet as I've been rather obsessed with Donkey Kong lately :mrgreen:
davyK

Post by davyK »

Is there anyone here (or recommended) UK based who could repair/upgrade my Hori EX2 for my 360? I'm not that skillful a player so this controller has been fine for my needs up until now.

The green button has started to glitch. It feels OK to press but when I play Cave games it's really noticeable - when I rapid shot it will glitch into laser attack for example. So it must be sticking.

Of course I can just remap the buttons but I'd like it repaired. Thought I might as well upgrade the buttons if I was to get this repaired - I have zero soldering skills.....obviously would pay for services rendered.
TransatlanticFoe

The EX2 isn't great for modding - the buttons aren't standard size so you need to grind the casing, but it's metal so not straightforward with the bits that typically ship with Dremel kits. Worse for the stick, as the case is really shallow and a standard LS-32 at least won't fit.

I gave up on mine but might still have all the bits. I'm planning on replacing the microswitches in my Mega Drive arcade stick on Sunday with the ones from the EX2, so I'll be going through my old parts box anyway and can see if I have the old EX2 buttons

If you want to do a straight swap of the button and need a replacement I can see whether I threw them out or not. Otherwise I'd recommend a full case and parts swap (the PCB should be okay though).
cfx

Post by cfx »

The EX2 PCBs are easily damaged too; they're extra sensitive to power surges or static electricity, or something. I don't know what causes it I just know from experience they die easily.
TransatlanticFoe

The early death is likely due to the buttons being soldered directly to the PCB (as the case is so damn shallow), so it absorbs all the shocks from button pressing. The buttons themselves aren't super-sensitive like Sanwas, so it probably takes a bit of a beating over time.

Re-wired in a larger case I'd expect it to fare better.

They're really cheap but there's so little of custom value, not even for a case.
Immryr

Post by Immryr »

yeah it will probably be easier to just keep an eye out for something like a cheap madcatz wwe brawl stick. I got mine for £18 off ebay not too long ago and with this stick everything is a straight swap for sanwa or seimitsu parts. no soldering or any modding skill needed.
OlDirty

Post by OlDirty »

Foe Hammer case which i painted and use it with a Seimitsu LS-32 stick and Seimitsu buttons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNEuzF1mvK4

Stevens

Post by Stevens »

Replaced the stock Ascii with and LS 56 in my Virtua Stick.
My lord, I have come for you.
Stevens

Post by Stevens »

I'm doing a complete overhaul of my HSS 136, and because I don't want to fuck this up I figured this would be a good place to ask.

The top and bottom of the stick are metal. I'm planning on cutting a piece of silicone to affix the board to and then attach that to the metal.

Is this OK?
My lord, I have come for you.