Kaikan [v1.1, v2.4, Steam]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
CStarFlare

Re: Kaikan [PC]

Post by CStarFlare »

ResumeDPosition wrote:
CStarFlare wrote:Is there any other way to 1cc the game?
LOL good point. I is smart. So you unlocked E and F at the same time?
I was actually genuinely asking. :P
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

I didn't think about it at the time but yea, no way to avoid the TLB and have a 0 at the end of your score on an ALL clear
Ebbo

Post by Ebbo »

Ebbo - 434,501,500 - TLB - Type B
KAI

Post by KAI »

KAI - 385,330,560 - TLB - Type E
TLB a shit.
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

Been a while since me or anyone else played this game :) Score added.
KAI

Post by KAI »

KAI - 534,834,310 - TLB - Type E
Ruined everything during the TLB fight : (
KAI

Post by KAI »

FUCK! so close!
KAI - 622,283,790 - TLB - Type E
Hagane

Post by Hagane »

Hagane - 582,945,850 - TLB - Type E

Fun game. I'm terrible at stage 5 and the bosses. Should have at least 300 million more if I didn't screw up so badly there.
Hagane

Post by Hagane »

Hagane - 833,639,250 - TLB - Type E

Some improvement. I fuck up stupid things all the time so progress isn't as fast as I'd like. I sort of figured out the final boss' patterns but I keep failing all the time, and the TLB is still a mystery.
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

Hagane wrote:Image

Hagane - 833,639,250 - TLB - Type E

Some improvement. I fuck up stupid things all the time so progress isn't as fast as I'd like. I sort of figured out the final boss' patterns but I keep failing all the time, and the TLB is still a mystery.
Damn dude, close to 1 Billion. Yea, that's probably the hardest part of this game, no way to practice later stages. You'll get it soon enough though. The big wall I imagine is stage 5 since you can't deal with the entire screen and carry your rank and bomb over to the boss.
Hagane

Post by Hagane »

Yeah, I never ever managed to get to the first ST5 boss with A rank, so that hurts my score a lot. In that credit I managed to get to the turret wall with A rank though so that's where a big part of the score came from. If I get more consistent at Blackheart and figure out how to no bomb the third boss' boucing bullets pattern and die less at ST5 I should get close to the billion. I get to ST5 with roughly 650 million but things go downhill after that.

I still haven't had a chance to watch your replay (terrible connection here at the moment), I'm sure most of the stuff that's giving me trouble has a simple solution I'm not figuing out. The bit with the laser blades drives me nuts.
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

Laser blades are still really difficult, Type D's literal reason to be used over E is because of slightly improved optimizing on the turret wall and the laser walls compared to E. E has the advantage over D on stage 4 though due to sheer power, so they are the two titans in my mind when it comes to 1B+ scores.
Hagane

Post by Hagane »

Hagane - 915,507,570 - TLB - Type E

Some more progress.
ResumeDPosition wrote:Laser blades are still really difficult, Type D's literal reason to be used over E is because of slightly improved optimizing on the turret wall and the laser walls compared to E. E has the advantage over D on stage 4 though due to sheer power, so they are the two titans in my mind when it comes to 1B+ scores.
One thing I believe Type E has over D is that it can speedkill big enemies really fast, and the extra Recca-like popcorns that come afterwards give lots of points with a bomb. I don't have enough experience with D, so I'm not sure if it can kill big stuff as fast as E. For example, with E you can kill the last big enemy at stage 3 before it can shoot a second set of lasers, and that makes a huge difference in score. Can you do that kind of stuff with D? Maybe one can offset E's weaknesses at the spots you mention via its brute force.
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

Hagane wrote:Image

Hagane - 915,507,570 - TLB - Type E

Some more progress.
ResumeDPosition wrote:Laser blades are still really difficult, Type D's literal reason to be used over E is because of slightly improved optimizing on the turret wall and the laser walls compared to E. E has the advantage over D on stage 4 though due to sheer power, so they are the two titans in my mind when it comes to 1B+ scores.
One thing I believe Type E has over D is that it can speedkill big enemies really fast, and the extra Recca-like popcorns that come afterwards give lots of points with a bomb. I don't have enough experience with D, so I'm not sure if it can kill big stuff as fast as E. For example, with E you can kill the last big enemy at stage 3 before it can shoot a second set of lasers, and that makes a huge difference in score. Can you do that kind of stuff with D? Maybe one can offset E's weaknesses at the spots you mention via its brute force.
Really close to 1 Bil there, looks like it's happening in about a month, same pace I got to that point at. :)

And hot damn, you beat my E score. Don't feel too bad about the stage 5 and TLB scoring being tricky, it takes me like 9 minutes to beat them in my 1 Bil replay.

D can do damage equal to E if you can time slow pillars to all come out and point blank something at the same time close enough to have all the pillars hitting. This is much riskier than sitting a bit away with E, and a good example of their comparability are the 2 stage 5 spinner ship things before the laser wall, stage 4 bid middle ships with the search lasers, and stage 3 big ship with curved lasers after the lake. So really, D could do the same damage but a timing-intensive strategy timed with getting right in something's face. I personally believe that on the top of potential scale, D would be unrivaled because of the versatility and range it offers. E is much more straight forward though so it would come very close.
Hagane

Post by Hagane »

Hagane - 1,134,041,120 - ALL - Type E

Yay. Nice to have a STG clear with a keyboard, even if it's a relatively easy clear.

I got a nice boost in score after finally learning how to deal with the third boss' bouncing pattern. There are still lots of mistakes (could have had 70 extra million if I hadn't messed up at stage 5's turrets and the second TLB.

I still don't know how to deal with the section after the turrets (the missiles eventually get me) and the final boss' right-to-left pattern when both arms are still working. Can't read it at all and I have no boxes to hide behind. At least I sort of figured out the laser blades, though I'm still not consistent enough.

Input replay + score file

I'll keep playing for a while to try to get a no-miss.
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

Damn, you beat my high score...someday I will return and claim the throne again. But congrats for finally being the 2nd to break 1 Bil.

I just finished your replay as well, good stuff. I didn't know that trick with TLB1 to go behind it during it's first two attacks -______-

Also, some perler in honor of the 1st Type E 1B. It's far from being good compared to other works, but this ship has a surprising amount of maroon on it and some colors inaccessible to perler covering up a lot of the ship. I'd be surprised if there was any way to make it look better, but oh well:

Emuser

Post by Emuser »

HNNNNGH HAGANEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Emuser - No Team - 1,113,117,130 - ALL - D

CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Shoulda done Type E, bro. :P
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

Stage 5 with Type E is dumb, much easier with D. I really like D but I still haven't had a perfect run yet.
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

tinotormed - 472,925,630 - ALL - Type E

STGT Gaiden 2014 crosspost.
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
Yazphier

Post by Yazphier »

Also doing my crosspoint, :cough cough:

Yazphier - 407,499,310 - 5 - Type B

First phase of tlb to be honest

I did really enjoy this game, now to just not have some occasional input issues in wine :/
.... O.o ...Image
Image Image
replays and inps
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

PB HYPE, 3rd ship to reach the cool kids' Billion club.

Emuser - 1,146,138,070 - ALL - Type B

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flaeK_EdI8I
Qlex

Post by Qlex »

Hi! Just to add a few words about this beautiful piece of a game I heard of from the French boards :

You can get the type F simply by killing the TLB, which requires that you kill stage 5 boss in one credit. I was a bit surprised when I discovered that, but yes, you don't need to 1CC the game to get the furious balls!

And there's my PB of 814.632.460 with Type D!

See you around :)
PlatinumHawke

Post by PlatinumHawke »

From the STGT'14 thread.
PlatinumHawke - 292,311,350 - Stage 4 - Type B
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

Sorry about the Necropost, updated *_*

Interesting tidbits about Type F Qlex, updated requirements. Keep scores coming and go for 1 Bil :P
Qlex

Post by Qlex »

Thanks! Right now in taking a short break but I'd definitely like to reach that bil :)
Prinny

Post by Prinny »

Prinny - 376,847,120 - Stage 5 - Type B
Spoiler
Personal best right now. Not sure how to tackle stage 5.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

garbage 1cc

BareKnuckleRoo - 229,411,250- ALL - Type A

I really wanted to like this game because it's got some really cool shot types, but damn, I cannot get my head around the scoring, or the way the extends pop up with little to no rhyme or reason. I grabbed the Stage 5 extend for the first time ever (which was the only reason I cleared it) but I had no idea how I triggered it. I was chain dropping like crazy so I definitely didn't 'earn' it.

It feels like the Stage 3 extend only shows up on runs where I'm playing like crap (I didn't get it this run).

I should probably give in and play the more powerful shot types (Type D is insanely cool) but I felt a bit guilty trying to clear the game with them, they're that good. It's really hard to get into a rhythm of letting go of shot so you don't drop medals - I still find I lose track of ones when they get darker and near the bottom of the screen. You lose your chain even once in a stage and it seems to mess up your Count, which really destroys your end-of-stage score...
Qlex

Post by Qlex »

I guess type A can be a problem for the extends, because I very rarely miss them with type D.

To get the extend in stage 3 you must kill all the drones that pop out of the mountain that you destroy (the one that actually contains the extend). You can either make sure you get a really clean zone shot just before it explodes (which is what I do with type D since he can cover up the whole screen and not miss a single thing if you wait for like 2 secs), OR maybe if you're really having trouble, throwing a bomb wouldn't hurt. I personally throw my bomb just before that, but I think it gives the least amount of points of all the bombs you can throw in this game. And if you have no bomb... Well, just shoot all the time in the center ^^'

The stage 5 extend is displayed when having rank C or higher. It just so happened that I broke the thing at rank F and it stills appears as long as you get that rank C. For that, type D is, again, pretty convenient since you can destroy an unholy amount of turrets, wait a bit, release the shot button, and poof, the extend just appears and you have a bomb.

1CCing is actually pretty solid! I know how horrible it is that sometimes you release shot, then you're sure you got all the medals, you're at the top of the world... and then your rank's gone. Like everything. And the boss fight starts. My piece of advice would be that you overshoot everything to make sure that even the more invisible medals will be caught eventually, even if you don't see them, and you stop shooting more often so that nothing goes wrong. The reward for that is ridiculous compared to the risk of losing your rank. I actually still do that for the pre-boss wave at stage 1 where I don't try to catch the medals while shooting, I shoot then stop for a good while, then shoot again then stop etc.

I hope you have a lot of fun trying out type D, he's my favorite with type F(urious balz)
Emuser

Post by Emuser »

Updated scores, it's been a while.

Type B and D are really solid picks at the cost of some power Types A and E offer, it's pretty much a trade off between range and easier medal chaining vs damage, but Type D can do both with some aggressive play, and unique tricks thanks to the fire pillar's piercing properties. Type D is my favorite overall but struggles to get an optimal stage 4, Types A B E and maybe even F can score higher than D on stage 4 more easily since point blanking the big black ships with search lasers for more popcorns to bomb is nothing short of a death sentence. Type D absolutely wrecks stage 5 until the bosses though. Type B hits a crazy good middle ground in ease of chaining, range, speed, and damage output across all ranges. It can speedkill the stage 4 big black ships and carry itself easily in stage 5, it's quite incredible really without any real flaws.