RQ: Where and How to Trigger 1-ups in Espgaluda

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
Wanderer

RQ: Where and How to Trigger 1-ups in Espgaluda

Post by Wanderer »

Ok, I know there is one in level 3 from watching the super replay, but I forgot the requirements for getting it. Also, I think there is one more 1-up?
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

The 1UP in 3 is in the little cockpit thing on the giant ship towards the end. You have to destroy it in Kakusei mode with green gems remaining. The other two extends are score based.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Thx!
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

I know I've gotten this 1up several times before, but lately I haven't been able to get it. I am shooting the orb in kakusei mode, but no 1up is appearing. What are the other requirements? Do I have to not bomb or not die or kill certain parts of the ship (I thought I had killed everything)?
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

dmauro wrote:I know I've gotten this 1up several times before, but lately I haven't been able to get it. I am shooting the orb in kakusei mode, but no 1up is appearing. What are the other requirements? Do I have to not bomb or not die or kill certain parts of the ship (I thought I had killed everything)?
The only requirement is to be in Kakusei mode. You're either not doing enough damage (the thing does take quit a bit of punishment before appearing) or you're lapsing into Overdrive Mode before you've done enough damage.
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

It is possible that I shot it before it appeared on screen in normal mode (I don't have any overscan so I can see everything at the top)? The last time I tried it, I was very careful. I loaded up on lots of gems, went into kakusei mode before I got there, killed the guys in front of it, blew up everything there, then went back to normal mode without depleting my gems, and there was no extend. I'm pretty sure I had bombed earlier though.

edit: I just watched another video, and i might have been shooting the wrong section. I'm going to have to give it another go tonight.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Watch this vid and keep an eye when the timer is at 4:00. You need to shoot at the small black orb in Kakusei mode.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

Yeah I got it. I was shooting the wrong area. It's nice enough to show the L icon showing up as you're shooting the orb and before you break it. It helped me out too, I nearly beat the final boss and got a new high score at about 21 mil :)

Thanks for the help!
Dragoforce

Post by Dragoforce »

I'm pretty sure that you have to have at least a hundred green jewels as well?
Swedish shmup community - stgfan.com
Do not be afraid...
sven666

Post by sven666 »

no you just cant run out while shooting at it.
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..
Icarus

Post by Icarus »

Ruldra wrote:Watch this vid and keep an eye when the timer is at 4:00. You need to shoot at the small black orb in Kakusei mode.
Oh, hi. That Youtube vid is a little crappy on quality, so you should probably watch the higher quality version, available in 30fps big and 60fps small varieties.

As for the Extend, the only condition for appearance is that you hit the target point enough while in gem-fueled Kakusei Mode. Shouldn't take more than three seconds to make it appear.
Dragoforce

Post by Dragoforce »

sven666 wrote:no you just cant run out while shooting at it.
Fooled by Javel...Again :x

Oh well, hopefully I'll improve my scoring a little bit now!
Swedish shmup community - stgfan.com
Do not be afraid...
sven666

Post by sven666 »

one great way to uncover the 1up and save alot of crystals is to go into kakusei and use a bomb fragment on the 1up, best way is to do it is to time it so the very end of your bomb hits the 1up just as it gets into screen.

basically kill off the 2 big "birds", immediatley switch to kakusei and bomb staying right beneath where the 1up appears, as soom as the bomb is over switch out of kakusei and collect your 1up (which should have appeared if youve done it correctly), saves you alot of crystals for the boss which gives tons of points :)

if youre too slow with the bomb youll also kill off a couple of the turrets surrounding it which means loosing out on a couple of crystals..
the destruction of everything, is the beginning of something new. your whole world is on fire, and soon, you'll be too..