my new score :mrgreen:
BOS - 2794900 - Mao Mao - 1-8 - Mame - No autofire
trap15

Re: Sonic Wings (Aero Fighters) 2 & 3

Post by trap15 »

trap15 - 1762200 - Kotomi - 2-4A - MAME (SW3) - Auto ON

Replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32zWnjgJuuc
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

trap15 wrote:trap15 - 1762200 - Kotomi - 2-4A - MAME (SW3) - Auto ON

Replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32zWnjgJuuc
Good replay. Shame you too got that pointless wonder, the tower boss for Stage 7. Bloody random crap bosses. Also, bold move tackling the Ship Graveyard as Stage 8.
Updated.
Last edited by Limbrooke on Wed Sep 17, 2014 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.'
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Limbrooke you missed the 2 scores I posted earlier in the thread. Could you add them to the boards please?
Sonic Wings 3
Ruldra - 1 684 000 - Blazers - 2-1 - MAME (SW3)
Aero Fighters 2
Ruldra - 944 500 - Spanky - 2-1 - MAME (AF2)
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

aside from that... why v1 bioses only? also, some emulators don't label them at all...
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Limbrooke wrote:Good replay. Shame you too got that pointless wonder, the tower boss for Stage 7. Bloody random crap bosses.
I don't really mind it, that boss is the most hilarious thing ever. Might make me miss out on points, but it's worth it for the laughs.
Limbrooke wrote:Also, bold move tackling the Ship Graveyard as Stage 8.
Oh? I actually felt that stage was easier than the other stage 8. But maybe it's because I've practiced the ship graveyard and not the other one.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

trap15 wrote:I don't really mind it, that boss is the most hilarious thing ever. Might make me miss out on points, but it's worth it for the laughs.
I don't mind either as it tows the line with the strange Video System humour ever present in their games. It's a pretty uncommon (and unknown trigger if any) as to that boss spawn as I've only seen it once to date.
trap15 wrote: Oh? I actually felt that stage was easier than the other stage 8. But maybe it's because I've practiced the ship graveyard and not the other one.
I strictly stick to Mars. On the whole the stage isn't much different difficulty wise but the bosses sure are and as I've experienced I prefer the UFO at the end of Mars to that Submarine.
Despatche wrote:aside from that... why v1 bioses only? also, some emulators don't label them at all...
Aside from what? There is nothing typed prior. Why the V1 bios? Why not? It makes it so people are running on equal terms if they can make that selection. It keeps things simple and easy to distinguish - without much knowledge how the other bios revisions operate I feel this method makes the most sense.
Gemant

Post by Gemant »

Limbrooke wrote:Good replay. Shame you too got that pointless wonder, the tower boss for Stage 7. Bloody random crap bosses. Also, bold move tackling the Ship Graveyard as Stage 8.
Are only 30.000 pts miss, and however, the Boss in stage 7 sometimes have random pattern and is possible lost bombs or lives... so I hope to see it. The same for Takeko in stage 8, are 30.000 pts instead of 100.000, but Takeko is very easy, Glabra is strong, and tons of bombs are necessary to destroy it.
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

Limbrooke wrote:Aside from what? There is nothing typed prior. Why the V1 bios? Why not? It makes it so people are running on equal terms if they can make that selection. It keeps things simple and easy to distinguish - without much knowledge how the other bios revisions operate I feel this method makes the most sense.
err, aside from ruldra's post, sorry.

you won't question transitions from mvs to aes, cart to cd, or even neo geo to a totally different platform, yet a mere bios change that would not normally affect the game code at all is highly suspect? i'm sorry, but that's extremely worrying. the situation with mame and neo geo dumps is already strange enough as is; the last thing we need is randomly choosy guessing for some ad-hoc score sharing threads on a message board.

it's better to be inclusive until you have the facts, and every single score should be marked with what was used to begin with. it makes way more sense to just start splitting out or deleting scores when something's found, than it does to turn people away for a guess that doesn't really make sense.

no, it's really not simple at all, and you're the one making it so complicated.

edit: how does one's mind allow them to conflate the entire issue with an unrelated issue that both "sides" are already agreeing on? why do people force miscommunication and then blame me for it every single time?
Last edited by Despatche on Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

Despatche wrote:you won't question transitions from mvs to aes, cart to cd..
Correct, if you're playing on actual hardware it's unreasonable to ask for everyone to adjust the regional or bios related differences. So long as the distinction is made then that's ok.
yet a mere bios change that would not normally affect the game code at all is highly suspect?
The bios/regional change as I've seen is stark from Japan to USA to Europe. The V1 USA & Japan guideline is to make for a quick distinction between Sonic Wings and Aero Fighters and while it is worded strictly it's more of a suggestion - I can't enforce it beyond refusing or deleting a score which until this point has yet to occur. The idea is to keep things simple and with emulation, changing the bios/region is easily accomplished. As it stands I am open to dialogue on the bios/region/hardware versions so should anyone make a case to include or exclude what should be used I'm going to listen.
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

I've been playing sw2 a lot lately. I never imagined someone could 1cc 2-ALL this game, but apparently they did a long time ago. I'd love to see that. Especially second loop Osaru and Lar are really dumb with some of the fastest spreads I've ever seen.
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

project_ako - 1 205 100 - Mao Mao - 2-2 - MAME (AF2)- Autofire on
Video here http://www.twitch.tv/project_ako/c/5633746

Some pretty fail moments in brazil and paris, and the monkey tried to troll the hell out of me, but I managed the 1cc anyway. I hope to get a 2-ALL and 2m+ score eventually. Still using mostly survival strats at the moment...
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Sorry for triple necro bump but, after 5 months of routing I finally got a decent score for aero fighters 2. I actually died 20 seconds before I would complete the 2-ALL... Super blurry recording of my input file is here http://www.twitch.tv/project_ako/c/5984501

Even though I think no one updates this thread anymore or cares about this game. Kappa

project_ako - 2,273,900 - Mao Mao - 2-10 - shmupmame 4 (AF2)- Autofire on
Limbrooke

I care about these games

Post by Limbrooke »

ProjectAKo wrote:Sorry for triple necro bump but, after 5 months of routing I finally got a decent score for aero fighters 2. I actually died 20 seconds before I would complete the 2-ALL... Super blurry recording of my input file is here http://www.twitch.tv/project_ako/c/5984501

Even though I think no one updates this thread anymore or cares about this game. Kappa

project_ako - 2,273,900 - Mao Mao - 2-10 - shmupmame 4 (AF2)- Autofire on
Necro bumps? No more updates? It's only been 4 months since I last updated and only your one previous score had been added - this topic is far from abandoned, friend.

All the same, good score. Nice to see someone so close to the total clear in 2, maybe more will come of it if you complete it. Updated.
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Ah thanks. My old score kinda sucked so I wasn't going to bug about putting it up there. 8)
Skyline

Post by Skyline »

Skyline - 2439800 - Blazers - 2-7B - MAME (SW3)

Previous scores:
Skyline - 1770500 - Blazers - 2-1 - MAME (SW3)
Skyline - 2115800 - Blazers - 2-4A - MAME (SW3)
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Good job. Blazers must do a lot of damage? I notice the top scores for SW3 are for mao (surely for bonus stage milking) and Blazers.

And I finally got the 2-all for SW2. here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RF_vWJHy5E

project_ako - 2,442,600 - Mao Mao - 2-ALL - shmupmame 4 (AF2)- Autofire on
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

ProjectAKo wrote:Good job. Blazers must do a lot of damage? I notice the top scores for SW3 are for mao (surely for bonus stage milking) and Blazers.

And I finally got the 2-all for SW2. here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RF_vWJHy5E

project_ako - 2,442,600 - Mao Mao - 2-ALL - shmupmame 4 (AF2)- Autofire on
Well done, the first 2-ALL recorded here. I'll need to check the replay later but if it's anything like your last it's probably good stuff.

Scores updated including the good initial entry by Skyline. As for Blazers, the advantage they have or why I like them is the homing sub-weapon does good damage up close and is good for crowd control due to the ranged homing properties. The drawback is Blazers bomb is more of a short burn screen clearer/emergency escape rather than good invincibility/direct damage attack.
Last edited by Limbrooke on Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

It's pretty much the same as my other video except I didn't die at the end this time. Also the sound disappeared so I had to put in some awesome* stuff.

Also, I have a plan as to how I could steal the world record for F-15, which is 2.9 million right now. I'll have to memorize a route for fully leeching bosses and destroying all boss parts. That will be worth 200k, along with a few more point medals in second loop. And finally, I'll have to do maybe 100 full runs until mambo appears, but if I can get 2.5 million + mambo I will have the 3 million, beating the Japanese score for F-15. Eh, I'll see what happens in the next few months, but I don't think my plan can fail, unless I give up anyway.
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Well, I got 2,540,700 in sonic wings 2 with my new very annoying scoring route. If mambo would just appear I would have broke 3 million. But that's only a single run so far... 99 left to go before I can expect him to show up. http://www.twitch.tv/project_ako/c/6537140 Don't worry about putting the score up, I'm aiming for much higher than that somewhat soon.
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Welp I just had the most insane no miss 2-all. All of my strats finally worked together http://www.twitch.tv/project_ako/c/6568812

2.76 million, I probably can't do better than that unless mambo spawns. If mambo would spawn it would've been 3,162,900, only 20k behind even the RAFALE score.

Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

ProjectAKo wrote:Welp I just had the most insane no miss 2-all. All of my strats finally worked together http://www.twitch.tv/project_ako/c/6568812

2.76 million, I probably can't do better than that unless mambo spawns. If mambo would spawn it would've been 3,162,900, only 20k behind even the RAFALE score.

Keep going, AKo. Great progress shown here.
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Thanks.

Welp, there is no way in hell I can score higher than what I just did in a virtually flawless run right here http://www.twitch.tv/project_ako/c/6684418

There's no way I can see to get any substantial more score than that. All that's left for me to do in this game is keep playing until mambo appears on stage 20 (it'll suck if he appears in stage 10), and with that maybe I can beat HKR's ancient score from 1995. If mambo appeared just now my score would be 3,249,500... surely no one would be beating that anytime soon. I've finished 18 full scoring runs so far up... I'm hoping he appears before run number 50.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

ProjectAKo wrote:Thanks.

Welp, there is no way in hell I can score higher than what I just did in a virtually flawless run right here http://www.twitch.tv/project_ako/c/6684418

There's no way I can see to get any substantial more score than that. All that's left for me to do in this game is keep playing until mambo appears on stage 20 (it'll suck if he appears in stage 10), and with that maybe I can beat HKR's ancient score from 1995. If mambo appeared just now my score would be 3,249,500... surely no one would be beating that anytime soon. I've finished 18 full scoring runs so far up... I'm hoping he appears before run number 50.
I sound like a broken record but you've done great work here. The dedication is impressive. You need a rename in order: ProjectAHab where Mambo is your "white whale" although I assume the ending will be different. 8)
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Limbrooke wrote:
ProjectAKo wrote:Thanks.

I sound like a broken record but you've done great work here. The dedication is impressive. You need a rename in order: ProjectAHab where Mambo is your "white whale" although I assume the ending will be different. 8)
lol. Someone said that same thing about cap'n ahab in my chat too.
Gemant

Post by Gemant »

Have you a mame replay about 2,889,000 score?
ProjectAKo

Post by ProjectAKo »

Gemant wrote:Have you a mame replay about 2,889,000 score?
I don't have that one, only twitch video http://www.twitch.tv/project_ako/c/6684418. I would like to make .inps but it gets very annoying for me, because I use shmame 4.2, and each time to make an .inp I have to manually delete the NVRAM, then I have to restart shmame (takes 50~ seconds or so to load shmame because of 8,200 games), and because shmame doesn't save window size, I have to make sure the window size is exactly as before, if the window size is wrong I actually play much worse. It's all very tedious when I die often on stage 1, 2, 3.

But you're right actually, I should try to save .inps. Maybe from now on, I'll make sure to get the .inp, but man it's gonna be annoying. I'd use something like wolfmame where it's easier to make .inps but it doesn't have autofire built in.
Limbrooke

Post by Limbrooke »

ProjectAKo wrote:But you're right actually, I should try to save .inps. Maybe from now on, I'll make sure to get the .inp, but man it's gonna be annoying. I'd use something like wolfmame where it's easier to make .inps but it doesn't have autofire built in.
The versions of wolfmame I've used have autofire built in. Of course, you can also set up a separate mame directory only for AF2 to make things quicker in loading.

I'm Glinda, Hi folks. <-- wolfmame32plus .99 & .101