GD: Raiden Fighters Jet

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
elbarto

GD: Raiden Fighters Jet

Post by elbarto »

Seeing as scoring questions are bound to pop up, it makes sense to have a thread here rather than clutter the score thread.

to kick off.. :)

Stage 1 - the three large tanks just before the boss.

Why is it that sometimes only the right "upper" tank will appear instead of both?

Image Image
"I LIKE SHOTS BULLITS AT BAD MAN"
Venom

Post by Venom »

To get all the tanks you need to quick shot all the large planes through the 1st half of the level
Fascination...
elbarto

Post by elbarto »

Thanks, I thought it must be something along those lines. I thought I was getting them all, but obviously not on a few occasions.. :oops:
"I LIKE SHOTS BULLITS AT BAD MAN"
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

Destroying that first tiny turret that scrolls by has something to do with triggering some other thing, I just can't remember what.

A scoring part that I could never do is level 15 right before the boss where you have to leave certain tanks alone.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

And also, what is a DX Bonus? I got it during Level 05 for some..reason...
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

At the end of level 5, how do you trigger the fairies? I know it's something to do with that scaffolding thing and I keep doing it on accident.
poieo

Post by poieo »

The DX bonus appears to have something to do with letting the second train come out all the way so you can destroy ALL the cars after destroying the engine.
Venom

Post by Venom »

With the level 5 fairies, you need to move quickly left to right, or right to left along the run of the overhang. Then it should explode and let you collect them. Try work this into a bonus combo for more points (try get x9 for them)

Level 15 before the end. That is tough to do. With all the bars flying out of the 2 miclus there and enemy fire. The way it is supposed to work is you keep the tank on the right alive so it releases a fairy, but at the same time quick shot the enemies at the top, so you build up a bonus combo and get the fairy at a high value. As for the other fairies by the boss tank. I can't remember exactly, but you only kill 1 on the left I think and leave the one on the right, then they will get run over by the boss and release fairies. Once again, try incorporate them into bonus combo (quickshot/same time the front turrets) so you get more points for it.

There is a japanese site out there that maps all the levels and tells how to combo (specific for judge spear slave iirc). I don't have the link anymore.

Enjoy the game, there are many ways to do things, experiment.
Fascination...
poieo

Post by poieo »

Venom

Post by Venom »

yup, that's it. I found the mapping of phase 1 really useful for the dive bombing planes.
Fascination...
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

Thanks for the info Venom. Really wish that site was in English.
poieo

Post by poieo »

The Google translator produced something relatively readable out of it. You could also run it through Babelfish.
EddyMRA

Post by EddyMRA »

IlMrm wrote:Destroying that first tiny turret that scrolls by has something to do with triggering some other thing, I just can't remember what.
It spawns a power-up carrier on the ground (looks like the power-up carrier in Raiden II). It appears on a landing pad on the left side of the screen after the last four Quick Shot planes appear. This extra enemy is important because it also holds a medal, which brings you on step closer to building a full 2,048,000-point medal in order to get the classic golden 10K-100K medals to appear on Level 01.
SFKhoa wrote:And also, what is a DX Bonus? I got it during Level 05 for some..reason...
There are three DX bonuses in Level 05. They all are awarded when you fully destroy every car and engine on the three horizontally-moving trains. The first one is worth 100K points. The second is 200K points. The final is worth 400K points. Try to chain into the third DX bonus for some huge points (I've seen someone get a 400,000x3 DX bonus).
The age of Alluro and JudgeSpear is over.
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

Thanks Alluro. From watching your video on the first stage, I didn't know if you stay between the three tanks they won't shoot. I am always nervous around those big tanks(very nervous being in close proximity of tanks and turrets in the Raiden series).
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

Thanks Venom also. There's just too much stuff going on there, and even with the smaller Slave I've ran into bullets before while zipping around in that area.

Regarding Level 30: This stage is really a gold mine. The bullets are hard to see though. I alway bomb the part where the three bombers show up along with the swoop down planes.
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

Venom wrote:With the level 5 fairies, you need to move quickly left to right, or right to left along the run of the overhang. Then it should explode and let you collect them. Try work this into a bonus combo for more points (try get x9 for them)
What do you need to do to get x9? (example) I usually get x2 but have received x9 a few times.

IlMrm: I only get about 8/9 million or so for 30. What makes it a goldmine? I'm working on it, but I still use 3 bombs for the stage trip and usually die once. Any tips?
Venom

Post by Venom »

For 9x you need to have a run of bonuses that add, when it's 2x, you just get the bonus for finding fairies then you're up to 2x when you grab them. I think you have to chain the 3rd train, final miclus, quickshot all the large planes around there and the large tanks then do the swoop left or right on the overhang. Really hard to do, a bit easier with judge spear slave with it's different bomb.
An easier way to get the value up is to wait on getting the fairies then quickshot/bomb the tanks and plane at the end. I think that gets them up to 6x or 7x. I haven't played the game in 5 months so my memory is a bit fuzzy.
Fascination...
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

On a good run my score will be 50+ million after 30(but lose some technical points because I lose a life at the boss). 40 isn't worth too many points, but I prefer that level, since it gives so many bombs which I use at Phase 1. Plus I suck at 45.

I think the best way to get the most points is to bomb the cluster of bombers/swoop down planes, to get lots of quick shots, and get all their 100,000 point gold bars. Those swoop down planes are worth lots of points, since you can quick shot all of them, and I think you can chain the quick shots too. And each will give a gold bar.
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

Thanks Venom and IlMrm!

I've got Level 30 down to 2 bombs for the level and 2 more for the boss. Also saw 45 for the first time- yikes. That'll take some practice.

Is there a list of Miclus/Fairy locations somewhere? I know these add a lot to your score and it's tough not knowing where anything is.
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

That's about what I use, two for the level, and two for the boss. Sometimes I'll use one on the two big bombers that give you bombs(weaken the left, then destroy them both with a bomb). That part is pretty hectic if the bombers stay alive.

Level 45 is a nightmare. The boss is pretty difficult also if you don't bomb it.

These are the Miclus/Fairies I've been getting:

Level 1 - If you blow off the turrets of the three tanks, after a while a fairy pops out from each.

The Miclus from Alluro's video. That's important in getting you the gold bars in the first level.

Level 5 - Miclus under each of the big turrets. Hover about them(beware of pot-shots from the drones).

Fairies from the crane(five or six of them).

Level 10 - Not sure

Level 15 - Miclus in the "hole" in the forest on the right side, after the first bomber(the same bomber as in the beginning of level one). Hover above the hole.

Fairy - quickshot all those medium planes that shoots the red destroyable bullets, and fairy will pop out.

Miclus under two patches of trees(in the part with the big tanks, and the big bomber(which shows up if you quickshot all the other bombers). This part is really chaotic if you want to collect all the gold bars.

Fairies mentioned in Venom's post. Right before the boss.

Level 20 - Not sure...

Level 30 - I don't think there's any...

Level 35 - ?

Level 40 - Not sure.

Level 45 - I know there are Miclus and Fairies, but I have not played this stage enough.

Level 50 - Fairies from destroying the turret of the big tanks. Miclus?

Phase 1 - I don't think there's any...

Phase 2 - I know there are Miclus in the beginning, but I've never gotten them. :cry:

Later in the level there will be big tanks which will give you a fairy(which will give you a bomb if you destoy its turret). That part is very hectic since there's multiple enemies on the screen.
chtimi-CLA

Post by chtimi-CLA »

phase 2: 3 miclus
hover above the roof in front of the grey hangar entrance at the beginning.
i think there were 3 such hangars, one on the left, right, left.
i never could reliably get the tank fairies on phase 2, too hard to not shoot everything.
NTSC-J

Post by NTSC-J »

How do you select the slave ship?
cigsthecat

Post by cigsthecat »

Hold bomb after inserting a coin + press start.
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

I know before on Alluro's site there's a listing of what slave formation you'll get if you have whatever lives, bombs, but I think now that section isn't up yet. It sucks when you get the "hunter slaves" in a critical part of the game.(On level 40 with the big bombers coming out from both sides, the "hunter slaves" will actually crash into the last bomber coming out from the left side, wiping themselves out.)
LRa

Post by LRa »

IlMrm wrote:I know before on Alluro's site there's a listing of what slave formation you'll get if you have whatever lives, bombs, but I think now that section isn't up yet. It sucks when you get the "hunter slaves" in a critical part of the game.(On level 40 with the big bombers coming out from both sides, the "hunter slaves" will actually crash into the last bomber coming out from the left side, wiping themselves out.)
I think that in Jet you can determine the slave formation, no idea how though.
Ste

Post by Ste »

How do I manage to get the 100,000 point gold bars? I've had them probably only 2 or 3 times, but I don't know how I got them to start appearing, mostly I just see the useless 100 point medals.
Venom

Post by Venom »

Get a slave, you'll see the medals are attracted to it and merge into it forming larger medals. Once that maxes out, collect the large medal (2+ mil points). Now get 9 medals to appear on the screen at once (miclus works great for this), they will explode and you will be in 10k bar mode and can build to 100k. :)
Fascination...
chtimi-CLA

Post by chtimi-CLA »

the stage 45 boss is easy with a slave if you have 1 bomb, just point blank it, then bomb and continue hammering A.
landshark

Post by landshark »

I think the "DX" bonus is more of a historical note. You could get a similar bonus in Raiden DX's Training Mission towards the end.

Could be wrong though.
IlMrm

Post by IlMrm »

chtimi wrote:the stage 45 boss is easy with a slave if you have 1 bomb, just point blank it, then bomb and continue hammering A.
Especially if you have the twin laser slave formation, he goes down really quick. On the rare occasion that I go through level 45 I only use the above tactic. I have no idea what patterns the boss shoots.

Same thing for the level 40 boss actually. Drop a bomb right in the middle which will destroy a bunch of its turrets/guns. Keep point-blanking and it will go down rather quick.