RQ: some questions about ESPgaluda mechanics

For posting and requesting strategic gameplay tips on shmups!
stratos

RQ: some questions about ESPgaluda mechanics

Post by stratos »

I'm actually plaiying the great (and probably most accessible) Cave title "ESPgaluda" and I'm trying to understands the scoring mechanics in the game. The ingot multiplier system it's clear to me, but i've not understood the advantages of the kakusei over mode, when you are in kakusei mode and have the Seireiseki counter at zero... I've also seen a video in wich an expert player stays in this mode against the first midboss of the game, and utilises some guard barriers for some purposes that are not too clear to me... in this strategy section there is a guide to the game, but for me the explanation of this mode it's not very cleraly discussed there... without offence to the author, it's clear, I take the opportunity to thank him to have explained to me the basic score ingot mechanics via that guide. Another thing I'm not sure to have understood it's the way to gather more seireiseki gems (the green ones) from the enemies... the guides suggests to destroy enemies when THEY are in the upper portion of the screen, but in the power replay of the first stage I see the TATEHA sprite in the upper section...
So, I ask you to explain me well:

1 - the kakusei over mode in all its charachteristics

2 - the barrier/kakusei over mode strategy for the first midboss

3 - the upper section technique to obtain more gems

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance and see you soon!
zakk

Re: RQ: some questions about ESPgaluda mechanics

Post by zakk »

stratos wrote:I'm actually plaiying the great (and probably most accessible) Cave title "ESPgaluda" and I'm trying to understands the scoring mechanics in the game. The ingot multiplier system it's clear to me, but i've not understood the advantages of the kakusei over mode, when you are in kakusei mode and have the Seireiseki counter at zero... I've also seen a video in wich an expert player stays in this mode against the first midboss of the game, and utilises some guard barriers for some purposes that are not too clear to me... in this strategy section there is a guide to the game, but for me the explanation of this mode it's not very cleraly discussed there... without offence to the author, it's clear, I take the opportunity to thank him to have explained to me the basic score ingot mechanics via that guide. Another thing I'm not sure to have understood it's the way to gather more seireiseki gems (the green ones) from the enemies... the guides suggests to destroy enemies when THEY are in the upper portion of the screen, but in the power replay of the first stage I see the TATEHA sprite in the upper section...
So, I ask you to explain me well:

1 - the kakusei over mode in all its charachteristics

2 - the barrier/kakusei over mode strategy for the first midboss

3 - the upper section technique to obtain more gems

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance and see you soon!
ok: the kakusei over mode does the following:

Note there are three levels of it, indicated by the ring around your character filling and then growing. It fills/grows slower if you are shooting.

You get a score bonus when it is active. (as in, your score increases the entire time you are in "red mode")
You get 'bonus' green gems when you kill enemies in the top 1/3rd or so of the screen. The exact number of bonus gems is based on your over level.

As far as the first modboss goes, what you're seeing is a combination of two things: They let the kakusei over level run up to the next level, so they get some bonus gems for the rest of the stage (helps in scoring since you'll be able to hold kakusei longer). They guard barrier the boss to kill it quicker, since you get some bonus enemies (and therefore more gems) depending on how fast you kill it.

The upper section technique just requires you kill enemies 'high up'. You see people move up that high just because it makes it easier to kill enemies faster. Last I knew it didn't require you to be up in that section of the screen for the bonus gems.
stratos

Post by stratos »

now the things are clear... so if I'm in second level (or third, or fourth)of "red mode" and I switch to normal mode, I get some green bonus gems for any enemy destroyed that is in the upper section... Have I understood well? Thanks Zakk!
Valgar

Post by Valgar »

There are only 3 levels, and you also do more damage.
Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
COWBOY-RJJ
MovingTarget

Post by MovingTarget »

The extra damage can help out on the last boss I think, with the first female form it kills her quicker so you dont have to endure the criscrossing bullets as long.
Know thy enemy attack pattern.