Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou [Arcade/PS2/X360]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
man9child

Re: Dodonpachi Dai-Ou-Jou (new thread)

Post by man9child »

I know nobody plays non blacklabel anymore, and it's not even like I made the board, but I just sold my pcb so. :cry:

man9child - 36,914,230- A-L - 1-4 - 735 (PCB)
kidpanda

Post by kidpanda »

man9child wrote:I know nobody plays non blacklabel anymore, and it's not even like I made the board, but I just sold my pcb so. :cry:

man9child - 36,914,230- A-L - 1-4 - 735 (PCB)
and I am the one that bought it :D

heres mine so far..

Kidpanda - 31,497,690 - A-S - 1-5 - 414
man9child

Post by man9child »

I regretted it before I even got to the post office. :?
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Both PS2 and Xbox 360 have truly excellent ports of WL, so you've done the wise thing. ;)
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
Chirpy13

Post by Chirpy13 »

PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

ProMeTheus - 675,938,280 - A-E - 2-2 - 2933 Hits

Well, I was practicing before I get to my better keyboard to go DOJ BL, and then I thought hey, why not try DOJ WL for a little bit, see what's going on there.

I had read somewhere second loop was supposed to be easier because the rank ceiling is lower or something. I don't know what the precise mechanics are, but.. this game is absolutely BRUTAL. I can't even believe the SHEER difficulty and unfairness of this game.

The whole first loop is tense compared to DOJ BL (higher rank and I think higher speed (less slowdown)), here I the stage 5 boss bugged somehow (scrolling went a little too far up) so I got all his patterns right in the freaking face which was insane and unfair.

Then of course the game denies you all your lives for second loop, every first miss within a stage counts for 2 lives lost instead of one, essentially. Great, but add to this that the bosses are INSANE, I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do at 2-1 boss, but I can't pass this with any sort of consistency without using hypers which is not good at all for starting 2-2. And then 2-2 boss is freaking IMPOSSIBLE lol what the hell were they thinking ??? It's like 3 times harder than BL, completely crazy unfair patterns. I mean, it looks like if you don't get lucky with the random pattern generation, you're very likely to be screwed. Look at this MASSIVE impassible wall of bullets the 2-2 boss threw at me before I died with no chance of making it through.

I don't know what's going on, this is a game for warriors. It's not even funny how hard it is, and it just seems so unfair. Well, probably with adjustment of routes corresponding to the differences I could be more comfortable, but still some spots seem way too brutal to me (stage 5 boss 2nd pattern, 2-1 boss later phases, 2-2 boss in particular).

I'll come back to try and beat PEY sometime. I'd like to 2-ALL this one day but... I don't know if I can do it lol.

ShmupMAME 2.2 : http://www.mediafire.com/?5jf9mvecaln6hqp
Replay : http://www.mediafire.com/?kadr6tm4jeg5kar
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
Gus

Post by Gus »

Don't feel bad about dying on 2-2 boss, x91 told me he's seen many runs end there at his arcade. :lol:
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Yeah the second loop lives thing, and mainly for that reason do I really view BL as the better game. WL seems to be better in most other ways.

And I would love to see you and/or Naut 2-All this version.
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Gus wrote:Don't feel bad about dying on 2-2 boss, x91 told me he's seen many runs end there at his arcade. :lol:
I'm not surprised, I don't even know what you're supposed to do there, it's just... barely doable. This first sweep is harder than most of Hibachi's patterns. I know you can get up the screen to deny some of the latter patterns (not the very last one), but that's not enough. I guess, I would want to let the bomb item fly, bomb first pattern, pick up bomb and try to survive and... I would likely need to bomb the last pattern often. Unless a hyper takes more time flying down and up than the boss fight lasts, but I doubt that.
Scores, replays, videos || I have written a guide about getting good at shmups. Check it out !
Follow me on Twitch??
PROMETHEUS

Post by PROMETHEUS »

Chaos Phoenixma wrote:Yeah the second loop lives thing, and mainly for that reason do I really view BL as the better game. WL seems to be better in most other ways.

And I would love to see you and/or Naut 2-All this version.
I don't know man, WL is sort of exciting I guess but seeing this difficulty I can't say it's better, because it's way unfair, not only because of the lives thing, those patterns are not ok. You can't just throw a pattern in there that the players will only dodge when they get lucky enough that it's not too horrible !

Maybe my impression is wrong and a very skilled player may dodge this consistently, or I'm just not using a proper method.
Follow me on Twitch??
Softdrink 117

Post by Softdrink 117 »

Finally broke 100 million this afternoon and thought it warranted posting here.
Softdrink 117 - 106,650,780 - A-L - 1-4 - 1588 Hit (X360)

Three crappy aspects of this otherwise good run: Once I got into stage 3 I started failing horribly, dying to the most ridiculously easy patterns, because I took notice of my score and got a bit jumpy since I finally hit the 100m mark. By the time I got into 1-4, I had only one life left, and somehow managed to run into one of the first bullets in the stage. -sigh-

The other seriously disappointing element of this run is that I somehow missed the second bee in 1-2, which resulted in massively screwed up hyper timings throughout the rest of the stage. I should theoretically be able to hit 105m by the end of stage 1-2; this run doesn't quite reach that.

I also died to the stage 1 boss, which is just maddening.

This score also bumped me to 10th place on the XBL A-L leaderboards; the replay is there if anyone wants to take a look. It's registered to my JPN account, Softdrink JPN.
1CC List | youtube | twitch
I love Ibara.
japanesesuperplayer

Post by japanesesuperplayer »

JPS - 51,370,580 - A-E - ALL - 29 Hits

I cleared :D! My score doesn't rank very high though :(

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

iconoclast - 840,034,040 - A-E - 2-5 - 3301 Hits (X360)
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/sFEaAGO.jpg

First loop went pretty well, but I made a lot of stupid mistakes in the second loop. I'm lucky I managed to make it to (the beginning of) 2-5.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

iconoclast - 1,119,167,960 - A-E - 2-5 - 3331 Hits (X360)
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/rHvnYGR.jpg

First loop was crap, second loop went very well. The only major mistake was a death on the 2-3 boss, but it didn't cost me many points - it just removed any chance I had of a clear. This score also isn't on the leaderboards unfortunately, but I did save the replay (and this game is very sensitive about replays - if you pause at all it won't allow you to save it, for example), so I guess that's all the proof I have of not cheating or anything.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

iconoclast - 1,222,463,070 - A-E - 2-5 - 2917 Hits (X360)
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/aG8r5ng.jpg

Made it to Hibachi on this one. The first loop didn't go so well (587m), but I'm starting to get close to my maximum potential with these routes (1.350~ without a 2-ALL).
chempop

Post by chempop »

Incredible! Congrats! :D
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
kidpanda

Post by kidpanda »

Kidpanda - 48,161,090 - B-E - 1-5 - 452 hits
Spoiler
Sasupoika

Post by Sasupoika »

SAS - 170,975,280 - A-E - 2-1 - 1527 Hits

Did a WL run since I felt like it would be refreshing doing one after so many BL-runs.
I could have had 10 mil more if I had bombed at final boss ( really dumb death, I tried to game extend-system/bombs. I had forgotten that lives do count for score and bombs are reset in 2nd loop ).
Oh well, rather good run anyway. Scoring-wise could have been lot better. >200 million could be relatively easy for me I suppose?
ImageImage
jpj

Post by jpj »

could you post a pic and i'll update

as your max chain is 1500+ i guess you aren't fully chaining stage 2? i think 200 mill is definitely possible with a 2k chain on stage 2 and just survival play until 1-5 boss
RegalSin wrote:Videogames took my life away like the Natives during colonial times.
Sasupoika

Post by Sasupoika »

The death in 2-1 was disappointing.
And yeah, I botched my stage 2 chain, but kept going anyway as my goal was just to loop and see how far I can get in 2nd loop.
ImageImage
kidpanda

Post by kidpanda »

Kidpanda - 61,418,820 - A-E - 1-5 - 503 hits
Finally got the 1-all in this. What a beast!
Spoiler
chempop

Post by chempop »

Congrats panda! Type A-EXY is the beast :D
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
kidpanda

Post by kidpanda »

chempop wrote:Congrats panda! Type A-EXY is the beast :D
Thank you sir! Time to work on the bees :(
harduser

Post by harduser »

harduser - 262,955,930 - A-S - 2-5 - 1069 Hit
A-Shot is also a Beast!(540hrs playtime)
first loop seems good.
second loop:
2-1,no miss,1bomb
2-2,no miss,1hyper(lv2)+2bomb+1bomb,anyway the 2-2boss isn‘t so diffcult if you had enough bomb.
2-3,before the midboss I had crashed,1miss!And another 1miss before the 2-3 boss(WTF!).
2-4,amazingly,I had survive until getting the 1up.
2-5,end at the start.
Maybe I should get more chain using the A-Shot,There is a very long way for me to all the WL,I think at least the devote is more than 1000hrs.
Shmupmame2.2 inp:http://www.mediafire.com/download/qn6jc ... -5-001.inp
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Shotia makes the game look harder to me. She has a lot of bombs, but her laser is so weak that it makes it hard to kill some of the more dangerous enemies. I think the lower damage will make Hibachi more difficult especially.

Good work reaching 2-5, though!
harduser

Post by harduser »

Actually,The laser of A-Shootia isn't too low,She has enough attack for some essensial enemy such as the tank of 1-5,the first tank of 2-2,maybe
the Hibachi is diffcult,but tame's method seems there's an easy way to kill it.Anyway the A-Shootia's speed was too low,sometimes it's easier for me to handle 1-4boss and some part of 1-5&1-5boss and 2-1boss(1bomb is enough,and 1bomb decrease 3 hyper rank,so I can use hyper on 2-1),but It's so weak on 2-3 if you are careless(but the hyper rank is really low with so many bombs)
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

iconoclast - 1,308,648,660 - A-E - 2-5 (Hibachi) - 3317 Hits (X360)
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/J3XHezN.jpg

Felt like playing a credit after watching fufufu's face-melting run at Tokaigi. The only mistake I made in the first loop was dropping my chain before the final two bees in 1-3, but that only cost me around 15 million (I finished the loop with almost exactly 700m). Second loop went perfectly until the section right before the boss on 2-5, where I died to some random bullet before those ships fly in from the sides. I still could have cleared, but I died again while trying to kill the last two ships lol. Oh well. I'm glad I choked before I picked up the final bee at least, because after the run was over I chose not to save my replay, hoping that would prevent me from uploading my score to the leaderboards. Well, that doesn't work. Right now my goal is to put a 1.3+ billion 2-ALL up there, so at least I left myself some breathing room.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

iconoclast - 1,380,525,390- A-E - 2-ALL - 3339 Hits (X360)
Pic: http://i.imgur.com/1gD1SSk.jpg

Nailed it. Only mistake I made in this entire run was a strange chain break in the middle of 2-3, which cost me around 15-20 million. I guess my next big steps would be starting to chain 2-4 and entering 2-5 with at least four hypers, but I don't think I want to subject myself to that hell.
zlk

Post by zlk »

Congrats iconoclast! Extremely impressive!
harduser

Post by harduser »

Congrats iconoclast!