The Useless Facts Thread

A place where you can chat about anything that isn't to do with games!
JBC

Re: The Useless Facts Thread

Post by JBC »

Not only does it go unreported, not only do most laugh it off, but here's where men get really fucked when it comes to being raped by a woman:

You tell her no, she goes for it anyway. You know you can throw her off so you try, but she struggles. She's offended by your strong rejection, so she struggles with you violently. You realize you'll have to hurt her to get her off you. You realize she's crazy, because she's here trying to rape you. You realize that a crazy girl could claim that you raped her & that's why there are struggle marks & DNA. You think, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned", & imagine yourself on the front page of the local paper being led away in a squad car, branded a rapist. Your dad or grandma is reading the Sunday edition over breakfast. You don't even report it, you just try not to upset her for a few weeks. Then you break contact & hope it never happens again.

Then the reliable statistics aren't so reliable, & people would have to think for a second to understand how. That's asking a lot of folks in this day, especially in the United States where women can do no wrong.

(Oh except all those that end up on the ID Channel, but that's just TV)

*shrugs*
Godzilla was an inside job
drauch

Post by drauch »

According to RAINN (Rape Abuse & Incest National Network) 84% of victims reported the use of physical force only. I find it hard to believe most women rapists fit in that category. There is no doubt rape is not just an issue with males vs female, but to say the amount is equal seems a ludicrous claim.

*edited for grammar because I'm an idiot.
Last edited by drauch on Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BIL wrote: "Small sack, LOTS OF CUM" - Nikola Tesla
JBC

Post by JBC »

Useless indeed. At least the thread lives up to it's namesake.
Godzilla was an inside job
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

Is the CDC a good enough source?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

A CDC survey, not a CDC report.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
drauch

Post by drauch »

Pastel excel sheet isn't doing much. And again, what point are you trying to make, because that sheet is not breaking down what gender is doing what.

Quick google searching is showing me this, literally everywhere I look:

"About 3% of American men — or 1 in 33 — have experienced an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime. In 2003, 1 in every ten rape victims were male. 2.78 million men in the U.S. have been victims of sexual assault or rape."

"The U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (1997) stated that 91% of United States people whose rape accusations resulted in convictions against the accused were female and 9% were male. It also stated that 99% of the people convicted of and imprisoned in response to rape accusations were male, with only 1% of those convicted being female."

"Approximately 1 in 10 rape victims are men. In a survey answered by hundreds of rape and sexual assault support agencies, they estimated that 93.7 percent of male rape perpetrators are male. The remainder, rape of men by women accounted for 6.3% of rape."

Soooo much rape is by physical force, which brings me back to what I said before. If 84% of rapes are by physical force, you're telling me that these women are kicking the shit out of men to rape them? I think we need to get Charles Bronson on the job.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

I was raped once. Was fucking awesome, hell of a boner. Would do again.
Always outnumbered, never outgunned - No zuo no die

Captain

Post by Captain »

Best post of the month?
In search of great justice, sailing on a sea of stars.
Image Image
Astraea FGA Mk. I

Post by Astraea FGA Mk. I »

I dress like a prat. I just realized this when I looked in the mirror the other day. The more you know.
Sly Cherry Chunks

Post by Sly Cherry Chunks »

Skykid wrote:I was raped once. Was fucking awesome, hell of a boner. Would do again.
Not cool, dude.
The biggest unanswered question is where is the money? [1CCS]
trap15

Post by trap15 »

Skykid wrote:I was raped once. Was fucking awesome, hell of a boner. Would do again.
And that's why female-on-male rape is treated as a joke.

As SCC said, not cool.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

I seem to have offended the political correctness barometer. Things are on the up.

Next stop: Stand up comedy.

Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Not that it furthers any one point in particular, but a lot of those rape statistics don't include prison rape, which is a huge problem in the US. The DOJ calculated that there was more than 200,000 victims of sexual assault in the prison system in 2008. That's victims, not crimes, mind you. https://nplusonemag.com/issue-13/politi ... rime-rate/
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
drauch

Post by drauch »

Mmm, interesting. I'd be curious to see a comparison of the two, but I think I'm a bit burned out of looking at rape statistics...

Well, at least "DOJ" made me smirk.
Skykid

Post by Skykid »

Completely accepting female on male rape occurs - it's a weird and wonderful world where anything can and does happen - I do find myself musing as to the details of the incidents.

For instance, my rape experience, which you callously identified as jest, went like this:

I was 18, went clubbing with my then girlfriend in King's Cross Scala, got drunk, came home about 4am desperately in need of sleep. But being three parts nymphomaniac one part water, she wanted to screw. I had to work in a few hours and refused. After some increasingly heated and surprisingly physical disagreement, she starts going for my Johnson. I protest that I'm too tired to move, dying to sleep, angry because my window of rest before getting up for work is dwindling. But she's increasingly persistent and aggressive, pursuing inappropriate touching techniques despite my increasing anger and vigilance to defend my chastity.

it's almost a fight. She uses beer fuelled strength to overpower my beer fuelled decay, and after an hour of doing my best to physically throw her off, she eventually manages to mount me and shove my semi flaccid member inside her. Angry and frustrated as I was, I just lay there thinking she won't get a rise out of me, so let her do her grind and eventually she'll decide against further action.

But my little brother, after some coaxing, sprang to life entirely against my will, betraying me in my hour of need. I'm not sure who I'd rather press charges against, he or she, but eventually there were two orgasms and not much of a desire to phone the authorities.

When I think about female on male rape, I recall this occurrence of being forced against my will with fondness, but ponder how such abuse can be carried out effectively without some kind of complicit erectile function. I generally think minors can easily be taken advantage of by females, yes, but with adults the conundrum is less distinct.

I'm not sure what kind of adult male gets raped TBH, I don't know the kind of disposition one needs to suffer such a thing in real upsetting terms. Had I been more sober and alert at the point of my assault, she would have had a better chance of turning water into wine.

Gay rape is different because that's men raping the same as if it were a woman.

Acid King

Post by Acid King »

Skykid wrote: When I think about female on male rape, I recall this occurrence of being forced against my will with fondness, but ponder how such abuse can be carried out effectively without some kind of complicit erectile function. I generally think minors can easily be taken advantage of by females, yes, but with adults the conundrum is less distinct.

I'm not sure what kind of adult male gets raped TBH, I don't know the kind of disposition one needs to suffer such a thing in real upsetting terms. Had I been more sober and alert at the point of my assault, she would have had a better chance of turning water into wine.
Men can get erections when they're in a position like that the same way a woman may get wet when someone is sexually assaulting her. It's a mechanical response by your body, not necessarily a sign you're in to it. I would think a lot of female-male rape is likely coercive rather than violent, where saying no isn't an option i.e. Some kind of blackmail or other threat is made. Its not like there aren't crazy women out there who may threaten to ruin a dude's life or female guards in prisons and juvenile detention facilities that would use their position to coerce sex from an inmate. A good chunk are also probably date rape type occurences, where a guy falls asleep and finds a woman on top of him.
Feedback will set you free.
captpain wrote:Basically, the reason people don't like Bakraid is because they are fat and dumb
jonny5

Post by jonny5 »

Acid King wrote: A good chunk are also probably date rape type occurences, where a guy falls asleep and finds a woman on top of him.
That totally happened to me in high school. Passed out drunk at a party and woke up with a land whale riding me, not pleasant. Not even just a little chubby, I'm talking rolls of fat. Worst party ever!!
antron

Post by antron »

The works of American artist Patrick Nagel are nearly ubiquitous in American nail salons. Nagel (or Fingernagel) happens to be German for Fingernail.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

This might be the last season for Radio Shack...God willing! Let's reminisce about the good times.
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

Penny Lane, the street in Liverpool made world-famous by a song by The Beatles, was named after James Penny, an unrepentant slave trader and politically active anti-abolitionist.
Ed Oscuro

Post by Ed Oscuro »

Stormwatch wrote:Penny Lane, the street in Liverpool made world-famous by a song by The Beatles, was named after James Penny, an unrepentant slave trader and politically active anti-abolitionist.
You watch Time Team too?

Pretty much every last street in Liverpool (which once had something like 40% of world shipping passing through its dock) is named after somebody involved in the slave trade.
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

No, I was just reading about The Beatles on Wikipedia. :P
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

And this just in: Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

Johnny Knoxville fractured his penis during one of his stunts and to this day he has to pee from a catheter.
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
antron

Post by antron »

Ruldra wrote:Johnny Knoxville fractured his penis during one of his stunts and to this day he has to pee from a catheter.
he did a stunt with an erection?
MOSQUITO FIGHTER

Post by MOSQUITO FIGHTER »

If your neck is too big you can't be a truck driver.
Ruldra

Post by Ruldra »

antron wrote:he did a stunt with an erection?
Correction: he teared his urethra in the stunt.

Watch it in all its glory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOf34sySV0U
[Youtube | 1cc list | Steam]
mastermx wrote:
xorthen wrote:You guys are some hardcore MOFOs and masochists.
This is the biggest compliment you can give to people on this forum.
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

In River Raid, you can't fly over land because the original design had the player controlling a boat instead of a plane.
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

"Pokemon" means "clumsy" in Cornish.

srsly
Stormwatch

Post by Stormwatch »

The "Nokia tune" - hands down the most popular ringtone ever - is an excerpt from the "Gran Vals" by Francisco Tárrega (1852-1909).