TV with green and purple bars

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Ganelon

TV with green and purple bars

Post by Ganelon »

Here's the situation: my TV has a green vertical bar on the left hand of the screen and a purple vertical bar on the right hand of the screen whenever I use composite cable devices on it. The bars fade and strengthen depend on certain games that I play (the bars are more visible in Capcom vs. SNK 2 and other Capcom PS2 fighters) and are strongest around the top of the screen.

I was just wondering what might be the cause of these bars and how I might possibly get rid of them. My temporary workarounds are to either ignore the bars or to go back to TV for about 10 seconds (where the bars start dissipating) and then back to the composite-plugged system.
Neon

Post by Neon »

I had this problem on my 1084. Hard to describe the solution without pictures, but basically there are these metal prongs on a tube behind the screen (this is with the lid off of course). And if you adjust those you can get rid of colored bars and a lot of blur in general.

Composite's definitely not going to look *great* either way, though. Component or RGB is a huge leap in quality.