Hacha Mecha Fighter

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Plasmo

Hacha Mecha Fighter

Post by Plasmo »

Hacha Mecha Fighter

Rules:
-Mame (Yes, emulation works!) and PCB scores allowed!
-Default settings
-Please specify if you've used autofire
-Post scores following this format: name - score - stage reached - autofire yes/no - version (original::"hachamf", bootleg::"hachamfb")

e.g. Plasmo - 1,234,560 - 1-4 - no

Code: Select all

1.  Plasmo           - 29,926,000 - 2-5 - yes - original
2.  Jaimers          - 26,747,680 - 2-3 - yes - bootleg
3.  OmKol            - 22,107,900 - 2-1 - yes - bootleg
4.  chum             - 16,610,140 - 1-7 - yes - bootleg
5.  turskain         - 16,003,980 - 1-6 - yes - bootleg
6.  semenfairy       - 15,417,890 - 1-6 - yes - bootleg
7.  Erppo            - 15,244,140 - 1-6 - yes - bootleg
8.  CRI              - 15,119,290 - 1-6 - yes - bootleg
9.  TodayIsForgotten - 14,730,350 - 1-6 - yes - bootleg
10. ColonelFatso     - 13,577,510 - 1-6 - yes - bootleg
11. ohfivepro        - 13,403,640 - 1-6 - yes - bootleg
12. MauCast          - 12,842,130 - 1-5 - yes - bootleg
13. Archi            - 12,782,640 - 1-6 - yes - bootleg
14. Ing              - 12,022,350 - 1-6 - yes - bootleg
15. trap15           - 11,188,950 - 1-4 - yes - bootleg
16. Xur              - 11,114,620 - 1-5 - yes - bootleg
17. InFireX          - 10,092,480 - 1-4 - yes - bootleg
18. Meriscan         -  9,871,310 - 1-5 - yes - bootleg
19. grisha92         -  9,282,520 - 1-5 - yes - bootleg
20. zakk             -  9,207,290 - 1-5 - yes - bootleg
21. JayLab           -  8,751,910 - 1-5 - yes - bootleg
22. ggmaximo         -  8,718,700 - 1-5 - yes - bootleg
23. Neo_antwon       -  8,492,450 - 1-4 - yes - bootleg
24. DenT4F           -  7,830,340 - 1-4 - yes - bootleg
25. emphatic         -  7,811,050 - 1-4 -  no - original
26. Zerst            -  7,767,650 - 1-4 - yes - bootleg
27. M_Knight         -  7,552,380 - 1-4 - yes - bootleg
28. MobKiLLer        -  6,790,000 - 1-4 - yes - bootleg
29. Galactaray       -  6,758,830 - 1-4 - yes - bootleg
30. Dagoth2hu        -  6,692,030 - 1-4 - yes - bootleg
31. Mightysquirrel   -  6,647,090 - 1-5 - yes - bootleg
32. amackert         -  6,547,950 - 1-4 - yes - bootleg
33. cave hermit      -  4,213,960 - 1-4 - yes - bootleg
34. CSF              -  3,905,290 - 1-3 - yes - bootleg
Have fun!
Last edited by Plasmo on Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:29 am, edited 28 times in total.
I like chocolate milk

My highscores | Twitter | Twitch | YouTube
trap15

Re: Hacha Mecha Fighter

Post by trap15 »

I need to play this on stream some time. Such a wonderfully good game.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

This is the reply speed I want to see with score posts! :D

I was shocked that there wasn't even a topic in the highscore section of this forum. Couldn't find any strategy topics neither, so let's discuss some basics while we're at it!

I'm sure emphatic can help us out here a bit.
I like chocolate milk

trap15

Post by trap15 »

Stay on right side of screen -> get points

That's the only thing I know :lol:
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Some various notes from the first day with this game:

-Not only you get points from staying at the right side of the screen (whilst pressing right), you also get points from touching the ground in some levels (like stage 3 and 4). Exploiting this technique, you want midboss and boss fights to last as long as possible.
-If you destroy certain waves of enemies, you get bonus items. The dolphins in stage 2 are an example. You get bonus items from destroying the whales aswell.
-Finishing a level without collecting any fruits gives you a 1mill point bonus. It's easy on stage 1, but already quite difficult on stage 2. Since you get 11k for each fruit (1k when picked up, 10k at the end of the stage), you want to collect fruits when you're sure to get at least 91 of them.
-Continously picking up flower items will grant you bombs. Be sure not to miss a single flower since bombs are very important.
-Some bosses can easily be quickkilled with one bomb (e.g. stage 2 and 3 boss).

And to get things rolling, here's a first noobish try:

Plasmo - 7,485,640 - 1-4 - no

Yes, this game has a loop.
I like chocolate milk

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

emphatic - 7,811,050 - 1-5 - no

This score is from the night in Hamburg where I introduced you to this game, Plasmo. Sadly, I haven't been able to put any time into arcade games since. At least that's what it feels like. I'm not sure about the stage I ended on, it was the desert stage with the horses (?) running in from the left and firing like crazy.

This score was achieved by milking bosses, banana-monkeys (keep them bouncing for as long as possible, the fruit bonuses at the end of the stage will be huge). Oh, and I'd rather bomb than miss killing all dolphins on that stage for score.

Edit: Man, you really pick up on the subtleties fast! I had no idea about the fruit-dodging bonus. I gather you've seen this replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii4PlRg-Pvk ?
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

No arcade games since Hamburg? That's too sad. :cry:
I'm not sure about the stage I ended on, it was the desert stage with the horses (?) running in from the left and firing like crazy.
Those damn horses! That's stage 4 then.

And yes, I know about the replay. It's the only useful one I have found. Information regarding this game seems to be very sparse.

The WR for this game is a 99,999,990 counterstop btw.
I like chocolate milk

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Plasmo wrote:No arcade games since Hamburg? That's too sad. :cry:
Well, hardly any "proper" gaming. Too busy with the kids. :(
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Plasmo - 10,032,990 - 1-5 - no

First time into stage 5 and reached the boss. I can't believe how difficult this game is.
I like chocolate milk

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Right up your alley then, haha. 8)
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Fixed my dip switches, the last score was done on hard difficulty.

Plasmo - 11,778,720 - 1-6 - no

This was done on normal diff. First time into stage 6. I feel like running against a wall. A wall made of the sweetest candy that is.
I like chocolate milk

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Plasmo wrote:Fixed my dip switches, the last score was done on hard difficulty.
:shock: A hero is you.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

trap15 - 3,381,630 - 1-3 - yes

My PCB is messed up so it was pretty hard to play through all the flickering and fuck. I'll fix it eventually :lol:
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Plasmo - 13,161,920 - 1-6 - no

Reached the sixth boss this time around.

I can get the no fruit bonus on stage 1 and 3. It's probably impossible on the other stages anyway.

I can see myself reaching stage 7 if I manage to reach the sixth boss with enough bombs and bombspam him away. I don't think that stage 7 is practically possible though. This game is hell incarnated.
I like chocolate milk

Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Plasmo - 14,536,220 - 1-7 - no

Did exactly what I've described in my last post and reached stage 7. So that's actually the first score I'm rather satisfied with eventhough it was more of a survival run. With some easy boss and midboss milking I can squeeze out another 2mill or so. But I won't bother with that before I can reach the loop.
I like chocolate milk

emphatic

Post by emphatic »

You have broken my will to exist.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Plasmo - 16,496,800 - 1-7 - yes

Second time into stage 7. Made it past the midboss as well this time. I think I can do this. It will be a close call though.
I like chocolate milk

trap15

Post by trap15 »

trap15 - 3,713,360 - 1-3 - yes

Hm. Stage 3 is so hard.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

And here's a small bug I found in stage 6: http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24499071

The screen keeps on scrolling for 2-3 minutes, allowing you to get another free 800k by sitting in the corner.

Right before the midboss, there are two warthogs. The bug is triggered by using a bomb on the second one (the lower one) and pushing it out of the screen but not killing it. Take the background as a reference to know when the midboss finally chimes in or else you die as you can see in the video.

The video shows the first time I've actually triggered it and I was quite surprised to be killed. Luckily it's not an infinite bug.
I like chocolate milk

Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

Plasmo - 27,985,880 - 2-4 - yes

Probably the most difficult 1-ALL I ever went for. Got to stage 7 with one life left and no bombs and had some stunning dodges followed by a well planned two bomb boss. I entered the last stage with no bombs and lives left and beat the final boss on my first go.

Then I had an absolutely amazing loop performance which let me reach stage 2-4! Really lucky stuff happened during the loop, especially in 2-3.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to trigger the stage six bug this time, but the score is rather irrelevant anyway since I didn't go for any boss milking whatsoever.

I think I'm done with this game.
I like chocolate milk

CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

Wow! Crazy run.

Are there any known 2-ALLs for this game? Not even videos, just curious if it ever got enough attention by someone with the skills to clear it.
Restart Syndrome::
Shmup leaderboards and Video Index! | My score history on RS
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

CStarFlare wrote:Are there any known 2-ALLs for this game? Not even videos, just curious if it ever got enough attention by someone with the skills to clear it.
The game has infinite loops (you maybe want to change that for restartsyndrome.com). The counterstop world record score ended on 4-6. I haven't tried to credit feed my way to the third loop, but I'm guessing that the difficulty is maxed out after the second loop. I seriously can't imagine anything even more difficult.
I like chocolate milk

trap15

Post by trap15 »

Holy shit man, great show. That's insane.
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

trap15 wrote:Holy shit man, great show. That's insane.
+1. I'm so glad I showed you this game in Hamburg!
CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

CSF - 3,905,290 - 1-3 - autofire yes

Love it. What affects rank in this? Is it worth trying to manage, or just deal with.
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

emphatic wrote:I'm so glad I showed you this game in Hamburg!
I'm the one who's glad! :D Such a wonderful game. Thanks a bunch for the journey.

CStarFlare wrote:What affects rank in this? Is it worth trying to manage, or just deal with.
Rank is purely based on survival time and therefore is not controllable. It maxes out very soon at the beginning of stage 2 on a no miss run and only goes down for a short period of time after a death.
I like chocolate milk

CStarFlare

Post by CStarFlare »

That's too bad... But it's also nice to not worry about it. :)

Thanks for the tip on the looping as well. Got that fixed on RS, just in case you go full shmup. ;)
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

cave hermit - 4,213,960 - 1-4 - yes

100/10 like Skyrim with flying seals and fruit.

This is a bit hard to elaborate on, but does anyone else get a sort of Chinese vibe from this game? I mean regarding character design it's sort of more in line with Chinese style cuteness rather than Japanese style cuteness, the bullets, fruit sprites, credit inserted screen font, item value font, and sound effects all sort of remind me of the odd chinese PC games I used to play when I was little and visited relatives in China (like Bubble Hero 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD5O4cwJPQ4), and the overall gameplay style is quite "foreign" compared to most STGs for lack of a better way to describe it.
I mean this is all subjective, but is anyone else getting this vibe?

Oh yeah, and where is the hitbox on the "ship" exactly?
chum

Post by chum »

the hitbox is a bit higher up than it seems, the bottom part of the sprite is not part of the hitbox but the entire head is. experiment!

edit
chum - 12,356,400 - 1-6 - yes

stage 6 and 7 are definitely the walls, but even stage 5 gives me quite a bit of trouble (mainly the fishies but the boss is also a problem since it requires 3 bombs)

basically resource management is huge in this game since there are so many forced bomb spots you really have to make sure you dont use bombs too often on anything that is actually feasible.

and i dont believe for a second that 2-7 is possible to beat unless there's an exploit. even if you bombspam non-stop, the enemies manage to break through your firepower in the more dense areas, and if you dont use bombs the enemies will quickly swarm the left side of the screen and make things impossible since you cant actually kill them without bombing (and even then not always)

the bosses starting from 2-5 also takes stupidly long to die even if you use many bombs. i think this game is a wonderful example that increasing health of everything in the loops is a terrible idea. the health on bosses already starts to get unreasonable from 1-5 to 1-7, so 2-5 to 2-7 is just stupid (both bosses and stage portions)
Plasmo

Post by Plasmo »

chum wrote:basically resource management is huge in this game since there are so many forced bomb spots you really have to make sure you dont use bombs too often on anything that is actually feasible.
Spot on. Hacha Mecha Fighter is the definition of a resource em up. Eventhough you get lots of bombs, it will always be close. You already need a solid bomb distribution for the first loop.

chum wrote:and i dont believe for a second that 2-7 is possible to beat unless there's an exploit. even if you bombspam non-stop, the enemies manage to break through your firepower in the more dense areas, and if you dont use bombs the enemies will quickly swarm the left side of the screen and make things impossible since you cant actually kill them without bombing (and even then not always)
The loop is absolutely ridiculous. No idea how you are supposed to survive even for a second on stage 2-4 onwards. It's probably not intended to be beaten anyway. Would be interesting to know about the exploits (which most certainly have to exist, yes).

Also congrats on the second place score! Do you have any higher goals with Hacha Mecha?
I like chocolate milk