Ireland, Airurando, Irland, however. Retro-Shops anywhere???

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
ave

Ireland, Airurando, Irland, however. Retro-Shops anywhere???

Post by ave »

Hi everybody....,

i'm going to have a little 5-day-stay in Dublin, Ireland in january.
January, thats the month after christmas, so I'll have too much money to purchasae neat things.

Does anyone know a good Shop for used games or even import games in Dublin? I've only been there for 2 days in august and found "Tower Records" at Grafton Street which has had a nice selection of DVDs and Audio CDs (imports!!!) but except some ordinary ps2-games not a single good game!

Please help me^^
THE ETERNAL
ave

Post by ave »

Nobody ever bought some cool stuff in Dublin? :(
THE ETERNAL
Molloy

Post by Molloy »

Ireland isn't very good for 2nd hand stuff in general. There are quite a few Game and GameStops in the city centre, but the 2nd hand sections are quite pricey, and most of the interesting stuff has been bought already. You can expect half the games to be Fifa, Pro Evolution or some kind of wrestling title.

That said, I have found a few good titles here and there. But that's after years of trawling through tons of shit.

Forgot to mention an Irish toy chain called Smyths. They only have new games, but tend to discount them quite heavily. I've found a fair few bargains like Parappa 2 and Gitarooman for €20.

Xtravision (a video rental store chain) do a fair amount of games. Some of the prices can be good.

As far as arcades go, the only reasonably good one is Dr. Quirkies Good Time Emporium, which is opposite the Savoy Cinema on O'Connell Street. Games include Outrun 2 SP, Tekken 5 and Cycraft Initial D 3.
To be this good takes AGES
ave

Post by ave »

Hm.. sounds like the population of gameshops in germany, but I don't even find a gamestop-like shop or an arcade ;)

Thanks for the info anyway, I know where O'Connell Street is so I will may visit the Arcade you mentioned. :)
THE ETERNAL