Touhou Koumakyou ~ the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. [PC]

A forum for saving and showing off all your hi scores
Cactu

Re: Touhou Koumakyou ~ the Embodiment of Scarlet Devil. [PC]

Post by Cactu »

Normal - ReimuB
Cactu - 334,480,220 - C - 0.303% - Replay

Still #2... by less than 300k points. Fuck my life. Made a few mistakes on stage 5 which cost me a mil or two but mainly horrible RNG on stage 6 cost me the run. I got the worst possible point item fairy RNG on the stage before Sakuya, and I got the worst possible power item RNG on the knife nonspell. Those two together cost me over 5M.
Last edited by Cactu on Sun May 25, 2014 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chum

Post by chum »

oh my fucking god holy shit best player on shmups farm right here. FUCK FUCK FUCK so close to a WR right? lol it's all good it's basically on par with the WR! go for lunatic next!
marus

Post by marus »

Wow, way to tear it up. All I can really say at this point is more congratulations!
Eaglet

Post by Eaglet »

I don't know shit about 2hu but i know a great accomplishment when i see one!
Keep going, you're so close! :)
moozooh wrote:I think that approach won't get you far in Garegga.
Image Image
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

Hey everyone, what's up? Yeah, I finally have something to submit here for EoSD, Despatche! :)

So yeah, I've gotten to beat Embodiment of Scarlet Devil on hard mode for the 1st time ever using Marisa A! Yeah, it's been quite a while, since I last played EoSD seriously. I've forgotten how much fun this game was, haha :)! This clear took me only a couple days to put together. Just for notes sake, I didn't use the vpatch for this one (no plans on using them), and same applies to every other replay I've submitted so far.

Hard - Marisa A
PurpleTheGuy - 125,963,640 - C - 0.322% - Replay - Video - Screenshot

Alright, I guess this is where the real fight begins, me taking it up with EoSD lunatic mode.
Last edited by PurpleTheGuy on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

YouTube Channel | Twitter Account | Scores/1cc List on Restart Syndrome
chum

Post by chum »

Despatche I just want to get rid of misunderstanding in the OP, Cactu doesn't have the world record on Lunatic, It's 50 million points higher held by Ichizoku. A lot of players don't submit to Royalflare, sometimes even record holders don't, so it's good to check up on the Wiki page, which gets updated fairly regularly: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/High_scores

He's not close to the Extra record, OOSAKA's ReimuB Extra score is 642 million, and he has 660 million with MarisaB. It's not to speak against him, I know he would agree with me on this.

Speaking of the Wiki page, it hasn't yet updated the new Hard Mode record... Ichizoku submitted a new Hard Mode personal best, the score is 519 million: score.royalflare.net/th06/replay6/th6_ud1596.rpy

BTW if it's not too much to ask, can you remove my Extra entries, my MarisaB Hard mode entry, and my ReimuA and MarisaA Lunatic mode entries. The first four are so old, and the fifth is a No-Bomb that didn't even score, so if you can please remove them I would be grateful
dxk

Post by dxk »

Lunatic - ReimuB
DXK - 401,114,600 - C - 0.306%

Old as shit and bad as fuck. Not gonna improve anyway this game literally impossible
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

Hey everyone, it's been a while! Sorry I've been gone for a while, just been writing programs and code everyday, more-or-less.

Well, anyways, I finally got my first ever 1cc of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil in lunatic mode! I've been wanting this clear since late August, and well, it finally happened, and it was when I actually had time to play again for a little bit! :o

That said, here we go, Despatche! :D

Lunatic - Marisa B
PurpleTheGuy - 154,976,300 - C - 0.327% - Replay - Video - Screenshot

Well, this makes EoSD the 4th Touhou game I've cleared in lunatic mode, and I guess I'll go beat Flandre next (Or I might do some other thing, I don't know, hmm...), though I'll have to put that one off for a while, due to school stuff (again, writing programs & codes and all that good stuff, lol). Getting a little closer to beating all of the Touhou STG games on lunatic (And then me actually starting to do scoring runs, various special challenges, etc.), and me playing other STGs more and more often as well.

Well, that's that for now, I guess! :)
Last edited by PurpleTheGuy on Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Purple (or VioletHatPurple), the man who'll become King of the Doujin Players! Yes, I am a Touhou/Doujin Game Player!

Cactu

Post by Cactu »

Congrats PurpleTheGuy!
PurpleTheGuy

Post by PurpleTheGuy »

Cactu wrote:Congrats PurpleTheGuy!
Aww shoot, thanks Cactu! That means a lot to me, hearing it from you, haha! :oops: I know I got some ways to go before I get to do some actual scoring runs, special challenges and whatnot!

Cactu

Post by Cactu »

Absolute shit but I guess I'll post it since it's over a over 50 million increase from the last update. Will probably continue, dunno if I'll go for the WR though. This particular run was 2M behind WR entering Flandre, and I lost over 20 million on her. I've had much better runs going into Flandre too, so this run wasn't anything amazing. I could get the WR in maybe, 2-4 weeks of playing if I grinded it fairly hardcore (of course if the stars aligned properly it could happen today). Something like 630M should be entirely possible any day though, as long as I don't fuck up super hard like during this run.

Extra - ReimuB
Cactu - 615,234,480 - C - 0.346% - replay
Cactu

Post by Cactu »

Extra - MarisaB
Cactu - 607,781,680 - C - 0.303% - Replay

Lunatic - ReimuB
Cactu - 663,579,260 - 6 - 0.056% - replay

Obviously not too happy about the run considering I gameovered on the final spell in the game and the run had a bunch of other mistakes.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Lunatic - Reimu A
BareKnuckleRoo - 139,204,710 - C - 0.23%

Retexture and hitbox patches are stupid, people should appreciate the game for what it was originally in terms of visuals, flaws and all. But I'm kind of a hypocrite because I think the vsync patches are absolutely wonderful (several of the Windows touhou games suffer from several frames of input delay normally because of vsync, EoSD is a particularly bad case).
Despatche

Post by Despatche »

If I remember right, a lot of computers at the time of tEoSD and PCB didn't have the delay problem. I theorize that it's linked to DirectX somehow.
Rage Pro, Rage Fury, Rage MAXX!
marus

Post by marus »

Noraml - ReimuB
marus-MPO - 294,115,090 - C - 0.222% - Replay

I started practicing this game again about a month ago, and managed to get this shite improvement today in-between stage practice. It's such a tiny improvement that I almost don't want to even post it, but it's still significant in that I managed to match my old score even with 3 accidental deaths.

I've mainly been practicing stage 5 and 6. 300 million should be easy now if I grind runs for a little bit, but I really want to improve my other stages as well and push myself farther.
marus

Post by marus »

Normal - ReimuB
marus-MPO - 313,942,950 - C - 0.223% - Replay

I finally broke 300 million, which has been a goal of mine for a long time! I had one death in the start of stage 4, but I didn't lose any bombs so it wasn't too consequential. Mostly it was a lot of small timing mistakes on spell cancels which prevented this run from being better than it could have been, but I'm not too beat up on it since I achieved my short term goal of 300 million.

I feel like I least understand stages 2 and 3, so I want spend time to analyze those next. I'm not very consistent but I can at least sometimes get lucky and get a really good stage 5 or 6, but I always lose at least 10-15 million by the end of stage 3 compared to MATSU's runs and if I could fix that it would just make all of my runs better. I need to break those stages down and find out where exactly I'm losing graze and/or points.
tinotormed

Post by tinotormed »

Normal - ReimuA
tinotormed - 75,871,590 - C - 0.063% - Replay

Making a small comeback here.

Crap score but my only goal is getting a 1cc at least on a Normal difficulty as possible, and at least I finally know how to score now.

This was done during an anime convention in my country.
YT|2nd YT|1ccs|
Good, bad, I'm the guy with the keyboard! Note:Please PM me if you need scores to be updated!
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Normal - ReimuA
Goompaolo9500 - 102,061,280 - C - 0.505%
Did a few mistakes but doing better. I have been practicing this game for 2 years.
Last edited by Goompaolo9500 on Thu May 30, 2019 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
chum

Post by chum »

is this some kind of performance art
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

chum wrote:is this some kind of performance art
I describe my Touhou 1ccs with Yukkuris.
At this rate, I won’t be interested into shmups anymore. I am no longer going to be active in this forum from now on. I am more interested into Kemono Friends, rhythm games, D4DJ, Puzzle Games, Hololive, and Pretty Cure.

Farewell.
Goompaolo9500

Post by Goompaolo9500 »

Goompaolo9500 wrote:Normal - ReimuA
Goompaolo9500 - 102,061,280 - C - 0.505%
Did a few mistakes but doing better. I have been practicing this game for 2 years.
As a rhythm game fan, I think playing Cirno's Perfect Math Class in Touhou Danmaku Kagura wants me to look back to this game. That Stage 2 Boss pattern, though.

Farewell.