Experiences with akihabarashop.jp?

The place for all discussion on gaming hardware
Bonus!

Experiences with akihabarashop.jp?

Post by Bonus! »

About five weeks ago I ordered a couple of sticks from https://www.akihabarashop.jp/

The problem is that my order is still shown as "processing", the email I sent was unanswered, and there is no indication at all whether my shipment has been updated.

I'm sure some of you have ordered from there before. How long did it take for you to receive the goods?

EDIT: The order history is as follows:

02/20/2014 Pending
02/20/2014 Pending
02/28/2014 Processing

The last entry shows the text of, presumably, an email I never received that states that they thank me for my order and that they will ship it "very soon".
brokenhalo

Re: Experiences with akihabarashop.jp?

Post by brokenhalo »

I did an order from them late last year and it took 5 weeks to get my stuff in. The order never updated as shipped in their system either, which made things look even worse. You'll probably get your stuff in a week or two would be my guess, but it's really unacceptable. They don't reply to emails either.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

Thanks for the reply. This puts me (somewhat) at ease. I hope I get that stuff soon. They've got the worst customer-service I've ever encountered.
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

I finally received the shipment.
s8n

Post by s8n »

that great news Bonus!

im not sure if you saw my Thread here at shmups but i actually got a response from Akihabarashop.jp last Friday , i requested they ship my item or a refund they replied with we'll give you a refund.

interestingly i havent heard anything in 2 working days , i sent another email about 6 hours ago im hoping for a good outcome.

me personally i wont be buying from them again im going elsewhere , i suggest if others want a good online shopping experience and a well run company DONT SHOP WITH Akihabarashop.jp
Bonus!

Post by Bonus! »

I wish companies would make it standard to take payment shortly before they ship your stuff, which is the norm with the bigger retailers. I can understand that this may not be feasible for smaller companies that may have to procure stock first, but this then puts the customer in a very difficult situation since the time frames for requesting refunds through Paypal is, albeit generous, ultimately limited. I'm fairly certain that when the Akihabarashop order finally arrived I was either very close or just past the time span Paypal gives you for requesting a refund.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

The problem with that is that PayPal themselves do not offer a mechanism for processing payment at a later date; the only approach I've seen that offers something like it is a system like AmiAmi's where the customer is emailed asking for payment when the packages are ready.

Akihabarashop used to be a lot better with communication - not sure what happened lately, but my most recent order went pretty much the same as above. They're the only place I can get MS-0-3 switches though, so I don't really have any other option.
RaidenViper

Post by RaidenViper »

I also bought something at Akihabarashop. 3 weeks ago. still haven't received anything...
s8n

Post by s8n »

RaidenViper check my Thread for some info on whats been going on with Akishop................

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=49786

also if your going to email them try this email below , i got through after 2 attempts and then got a refund

contact@akihabarashop.jp

i like the bs policy by Paypal where you get 45 days to start a dispute and then after that bad luck

if you think about it if a murder goes unsolved for 45+ days you get away with it............