Caladrius Blaze PS4 Gets Physical English Release in Asia

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
BulletMagnet

Re: Caladrius Blaze PS4 Gets Physical English Release in Asi

Post by BulletMagnet »

One thing that got me curious was that the dual-language version says it has "English subtitles", which makes me wonder if it's a different translation/format than the one used in the western digital release...my copy's shipped so I'll find out one way or the other, I suppose, heh.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

ATTRACTS wrote:
Shelcoof wrote:Holy crap you weren't kidding when you wrote Play asia was selling the PS3 version for 4X the amount! :shock:

That said I'm just trying to find some sort of excuse to pick up the PS4 version lol
So far the feedback here isn't pushing me towards that :P
What else are you wanting? it's not a brand new game, it's just a port.
Generally I try my best to support releases like these but already owning two copies for the PS3... its really hard
So like I said earlier just trying to find some sort of excuse to nudge me to make the purchase
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

BulletMagnet wrote:One thing that got me curious was that the dual-language version says it has "English subtitles", which makes me wonder if it's a different translation/format than the one used in the western digital release...my copy's shipped so I'll find out one way or the other, I suppose, heh.
Most of the story stuff is the same form the 360 version to PS4 version as its the same script. However, I did see a small change to the ship descriptions on the character select screen as I've found out.
Shelcoof wrote:
ATTRACTS wrote:
Shelcoof wrote:Holy crap you weren't kidding when you wrote Play asia was selling the PS3 version for 4X the amount! :shock:

That said I'm just trying to find some sort of excuse to pick up the PS4 version lol
So far the feedback here isn't pushing me towards that :P
What else are you wanting? it's not a brand new game, it's just a port.
Generally I try my best to support releases like these but already owning two copies for the PS3... its really hard
So like I said earlier just trying to find some sort of excuse to nudge me to make the purchase
Well, are those 2 copies either physical and digital, or one's the regular and the other limited edition? @_@?
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

NeoStrayCat wrote: Well, are those 2 copies either physical and digital, or one's the regular and the other limited edition? @_@?
They are both physical but one is Japanese and the other is the Asian release.

I actually have a retarded reason for owning two copies lol.
Moments after I made a purchase for a PS3 copy I realized it was the Asian release.
I originally wanted the Japanese version but because I'm so OCD about things I ended up buying a JP copy lol

Yup at the time I knew both games were identical in every way in terms of game play and all but it was just the packaging that was different. Still went ahead and bought the JP version :(

I don't know about you guys but when it comes to buying stuff I'm really specific about what I want.
So anyone else retarded like this lol
cfx

Post by cfx »

Shelcoof wrote:
NeoStrayCat wrote: Well, are those 2 copies either physical and digital, or one's the regular and the other limited edition? @_@?
They are both physical but one is Japanese and the other is the Asian release.

I actually have a retarded reason for owning two copies lol.
Moments after I made a purchase for a PS3 copy I realized it was the Asian release.
I originally wanted the Japanese version but because I'm so OCD about things I ended up buying a JP copy lol

Yup at the time I knew both games were identical in every way in terms of game play and all but it was just the packaging that was different. Still went ahead and bought the JP version :(

I don't know about you guys but when it comes to buying stuff I'm really specific about what I want.
So anyone else retarded like this lol
Me too. I hate that I have a few Asian PS1 games instead of the Japanese versions. I also like UK PS3 games over US ones because I think the PEGI ratings symbols and info on the back is far less obtrusive and ugly than ESRB.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

cfx wrote:
Shelcoof wrote: Me too. I hate that I have a few Asian PS1 games instead of the Japanese versions. I also like UK PS3 games over US ones because I think the PEGI ratings symbols and info on the back is far less obtrusive and ugly than ESRB.
Well I can say I'm a bit relieved knowing that I'm not they only one :D

All those reasons that you brought up I've considered as well lol.

I actually prefer North American release over the Canadian release. Here they have to have everything in both French and English. You end up with a box all cluttered up with text..... its not very pleasing to look at.

I remember a number of times where I picked up the PAL version over the of a North American version.
Two games that stand out are Super Dragon Ball Z and Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution. PAL Super Dragon Ball Z had the original Japanese dub which the North American version did not plus the Art work was way better. Virtua Fighter 4 EVO over here was only the "greatest hits" version which was just ugly hell.

The issue with buying PAL games is that there are many variances. I had to buy two copies of Super Dragon Ball Z to get an English version lol. The first copy I bought was in German.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Well, just got some prepaid cards and I'm downloading it right now; I look forward to bullets and tits.

Still a bit confused; is the digital US and EU release identical to the asian retail release, or is it a localized version?

Edit: Lilith is the cutest embodiment of hatred ever
LDigital

Post by LDigital »

What Cave said. Downloading as we speak!
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

cave hermit wrote:Still a bit confused; is the digital US and EU release identical to the asian retail release, or is it a localized version?
The PS4's digital release should be the same script as the physical release regardless. Considering its the same game, lol.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

I was asking more in the context of content being omitted from the worldwide release as with the 360 one.

The vocals and
Spoiler
lewdness
are there, so doesn't seem like there are any issues.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

cave hermit wrote:I was asking more in the context of content being omitted from the worldwide release as with the 360 one.

The vocals and
Spoiler
lewdness
are there, so doesn't seem like there are any issues.
Oh, that, I did say before in the topic that the game is 100% uncut with nothing edited like the digital X360 release, maybe you missed that post.
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

I did actually see that post, but I wasn't sure if I was misreading or misunderstanding it, because it seemed too good to be true :lol:
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

Haven't picked this up yet; been too busy for shmups lately. Any difference to the PS3 port? From the looks of it I'm guessing no. The streaming feature on the PS4 will be nice though. Hope to see some new scores in the thread, and for anyone just now getting into this check out the ST.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

cave hermit wrote:I did actually see that post, but I wasn't sure if I was misreading or misunderstanding it, because it seemed too good to be true :lol:
Well, at least its true, no cuts, no BS, just 100% shmup action and fanservice, lol.
ACSeraph wrote:Haven't picked this up yet; been too busy for shmups lately. Any difference to the PS3 port? From the looks of it I'm guessing no. The streaming feature on the PS4 will be nice though. Hope to see some new scores in the thread, and for anyone just now getting into this check out the ST.
Nope, seems to be the same as the PS3 version, besides English Text and slightly faster loading. Also, where have you been? I thought once you see someone on Caladrius, you'd come right back, I guess now's a good time as any, lol.

Other than that, now I'll have to wait on the Steam release whenever H2 decides to do so, lol. The PS4 version will keep me company for the time being, lol.
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

NeoStrayCat wrote:Other than that, now I'll have to wait on the Steam release whenever H2 decides to do so, lol. The PS4 version will keep me company for the time being, lol.
What does this statement even mean?
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

NeoStrayCat wrote:Also, where have you been? I thought once you see someone on Caladrius, you'd come right back, I guess now's a good time as any, lol.
Got a new job on Tokyo a few months back and it's been incredibly busy and draining. 12 hour days and not much time for the Internet. Low on cash too, which is why I didn't buy it right away. Probly my Caladrius skills have gone down a bit, but don't worry. I'll be back to take the crown with Lilith on PS4 soon 8)
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

Does the PS4 version support PS3 arcade sticks? I'm guessing no but just thought I'd check.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

MachineAres 1CC wrote:
NeoStrayCat wrote:Other than that, now I'll have to wait on the Steam release whenever H2 decides to do so, lol. The PS4 version will keep me company for the time being, lol.
What does this statement even mean?
I know it sounds confusing, but H2's release schedule did mention that Caladrius Blaze will get a Steam port in the near future, though probably a little later after the PS4 release. Not only that, its also listed in the steam database, which means its planned for release someday soon.

https://steamdb.info/app/386770/subs/
ACSeraph wrote:
NeoStrayCat wrote:Also, where have you been? I thought once you see someone on Caladrius, you'd come right back, I guess now's a good time as any, lol.
Got a new job on Tokyo a few months back and it's been incredibly busy and draining. 12 hour days and not much time for the Internet. Low on cash too, which is why I didn't buy it right away. Probly my Caladrius skills have gone down a bit, but don't worry. I'll be back to take the crown with Lilith on PS4 soon 8)
I see, well, its good to see you back, and yeah, work and such drains you vigorously, lol.
iconoclast wrote:Does the PS4 version support PS3 arcade sticks? I'm guessing no but just thought I'd check.
Well, it doesn't hurt to try, I have arcade sticks I could try, though I doubt legacy controller support would work, but I'll have to do this when I have the time. Or if someone else might try it.
Jelloman581

Post by Jelloman581 »

Hopefully my copy from P-A will come soon and I'll try my PS3 sticks with it. I'm covered with a PS4 Hori VLX (love my VLX sticks!), but I plan to use the brook adapter with my shmup stick (https://www.focusattack.com/brook-super ... b-adapter/). I use it currently with my custom Project Diva stick for PD: Future Tone and works great.
ookitarepanda

Post by ookitarepanda »

Well I've got the number one spot for Original and Evolution mode by 10% more than the next highest score. Arcade I'm just a bit shy of the top.

I feel like I'm the only one who likes this game :oops:
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

ookitarepanda wrote:Well I've got the number one spot for Original and Evolution mode by 10% more than the next highest score. Arcade I'm just a bit shy of the top.

Well, you didn't say which difficulty, but I suppose they're both on Normal, I assume, lol. Although yeah, that doesn't compare to my Practice difficulty scores, which may or may not be impossible to get in other difficulties, considering you have to dodge bullets and all, lol. Besides, you're not the only person on it, I am too, lol.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I wish they made Caladrius look more like an angel or fairy instead of a bird. Every time I hear his voice I imagine him looking like Pit from Kid Icarus or Puck from Berserk.
Furry Fox Jet Pilot

Post by Furry Fox Jet Pilot »

I'm thinking of picking this up, and seeing as I've never played Caladrius before, can I safely assume it's Raiden in a fantasy setting, or does it play completely differently?
trap15

Post by trap15 »

It's pretty different.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

ookitarepanda wrote:Well I've got the number one spot for Original and Evolution mode by 10% more than the next highest score. Arcade I'm just a bit shy of the top.

You should post in the high score thread :wink:
ookitarepanda

Post by ookitarepanda »

NeoStrayCat wrote:Well, you didn't say which difficulty, but I suppose they're both on Normal, I assume, lol. Although yeah, that doesn't compare to my Practice difficulty scores, which may or may not be impossible to get in other difficulties, considering you have to dodge bullets and all, lol. Besides, you're not the only person on it, I am too, lol.
Yeah, normal mode. I loved this game on PS3 and I love it again! This time I played around a bit more with different shot types in going for max score.

My friend noticed that you get 10k for each unused ether chip at the end of each stage -- and considering that the Acid Reaction shield doesn't really ever need to be powered up, that's 200k-ish free points by the end of the game!
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

ookitarepanda wrote:My friend noticed that you get 10k for each unused ether chip at the end of each stage
This is really interesting, enough that it makes me want to pick up the game again. I wonder which is worth more in the long run then, a full no-miss life stock or ether chips. Either way, at end game you actually max out the life stock in evolution, so this is a useful trick.

By the way, to really get the most out of Caladrius I recommend learning default Characters and avoiding Acid reaction. The game is incredibly deep and score play requires so much strategy when you can't just K3 everything. Really custom and default are different things entirely, and default is where the game shines.
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

^Yeah, but not much like it matters, or maybe not, when people still use custom shots regardless, also, its just hard using default shots, cause it takes away most of the scoring ability, and most of your shots end up using the main fire in tandem (except with certain weapons).

Either way, the PS4 version really needs some updates and fixings, so far, I've played multiple playthroughs in Evolution mode, and I've noticed you can't get all the 1UP chips in a single play (which means you can't get the all 1UP trophy in Evo mode, though you can in Original, and maybe Arcade), it leaves you with 2 empty ones right before the TLB, and the PS3 version didn't have such a problem like this, I dunno if its a bug or something in the game code that's messed up, and I'm the only one to notice this so far, I'm not sure if this also affects all versions Physical/Digital, but I doubt it.

Also, the game needs to fix its grammar errors in the story mode, I've seen a couple of them for some characters, and I doubt those would get fixed too. (I've not seen all from the co-op ones yet, just solo play with everyone, and yes, there's some grammar errors here and there.)
ookitarepanda

Post by ookitarepanda »

The extra stage in Evolution only has 8 bits. It's the same as the PS3 as far as I remember. You don't actually get more 1ups on Evolution than on Arcade. What bugs me is that picking up a 1up when you're full only gives you 50k points. Picking up an element crystal when you just exposed it is worth 400k.
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

^Didn't know that either. You are just full of interesting information. I'm curious what your scores are, mind sharing?

Also you can get more 1 ups on Evo from 100% clearing the two bonus stages.

(Feeling the Caladrius itch...)