Caladrius Blaze PS4 Gets Physical English Release in Asia

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
amdiggywhut

Re: Caladrius Blaze PS4 Gets Physical English Release in Asi

Post by amdiggywhut »

I also have it preordered. I think I'd feel pretty stupid if I opened the case and there wasn't a game inside.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Shadolf wrote:I just preordered. I really hope this is on disc and not a code.
Fu..ing codes in cases. Man was I on rage as I bought God of War Saga and not all games included were on disc.
Seriously? You'd think a Blue Ray Disc would be able to handle all that data.
Out of curiosity which games were not on disc?

I really hate this practice of Codes in cases as well. There were a number of times I almost picked up a Digital Code in a case.... Vita has a few of titles with physical cases with a voucher for to download the game.
Strider77

Post by Strider77 »

The PS4 version offers nothing new content wise over the PS3 port does it?
Damn Tim, you know there are quite a few Americans out there who still lives in tents due to this shitty economy, and you're dropping loads on a single game which only last 20 min. Do you think it's fair? How much did you spend this time?
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Strider77 wrote:The PS4 version offers nothing new content wise over the PS3 port does it?
Probably not, other than possibly a small graphics update, I would presume, and faster loading. I doubt there would be anything added to the PS4 version.

Other than that, good news, overseas (digital) release is coming next week...8/9/16!

http://gematsu.com/2016/08/caladrius-bl ... ust-9-west

Took them long enough, lol. X3
Last edited by NeoStrayCat on Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

Shelcoof wrote:
Fu..ing codes in cases. Man was I on rage as I bought God of War Saga and not all games included were on disc.

I really hate this practice of Codes in cases as well. There were a number of times I almost picked up a Digital Code in a case.... Vita has a few of titles with physical cases with a voucher for to download the game.
"Just a code in a case" sounds wasteful. If you're not going to print the Blu-Ray or whatever media, that defeats the point of the case. Download vouchers should be packaged like PSN gift cards.

I'm considering getting the physical version. On PS4 I'd rather install from disc than wait for a download.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
system11

Post by system11 »

Waiting to order until we know the disc situation.
System11's random blog, with things - and stuff!
http://blog.system11.org
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

system11 wrote:Waiting to order until we know the disc situation.
Well, does this help you any?

US:Image
KR:Image
There is a PS4 physical case with Moss and H2 on the side, the KR version has the usual ratings stuff, so...physical release is actually physical?
ryu

Post by ryu »

NeoStrayCat wrote:
system11 wrote:Waiting to order until we know the disc situation.
Well, does this help you any?
What people are worried about is that the case might contain a download code instead of a disc with the game on it.
blog - scores - collection
Don't worry about it. You can travel from the Milky Way to Andromeda and back 1500 times before the sun explodes.
AxelMill

Post by AxelMill »

Already available on PSN, even in Europe. €29.99, or your regional equivalent.
You know what I want every shmup to have? A demo. Like Xbox Live Arcade and XBLIG.
genetik

Post by genetik »

AxelMill wrote:Already available on PSN, even in Europe. €29.99, or your regional equivalent.
You know what I want every shmup to have? A demo. Like Xbox Live Arcade and XBLIG.
Trials in XBLA were required by MS back then (there was no way to publish an XBLA game without a trial mode). Today, there's no such requirement on any platform. It's sad, cause it's so obvious that a trial on a good game will push your sales up. I own over 200 XBLA games, and a sizeable portion of those were impulse buy due to a good trial.
"When a madman appears thoroughly sane, indeed, it is high time to put him in a strait-jacket."
Edgar A. Poe
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

AxelMill wrote:Already available on PSN, even in Europe. €29.99, or your regional equivalent.
Yeah, its also $30 here too, oddly, I thought it would be priced less considered digitally, but nope, its the same price as its retail release.

US: http://bit.ly/2bbDwrP
EU: http://bit.ly/2aD4u9z

Either way, its finally here for PS4, albeit digitally, and physically later.
trap15

Post by trap15 »

genetik wrote:It's sad, cause it's so obvious that a trial on a good game will push your sales up.
Actually it wouldn't. There's been market research into this, and demos are actually more likely to LOWER sales than increase them. I believe there's an article on Gamasutra about it.
@trap0xf | daifukkat.su/blog | scores | FIRE LANCER
<S.Yagawa> I like the challenge of "doing the impossible" with older hardware, and pushing it as far as it can go.
IseeThings

Post by IseeThings »

Shelcoof wrote:
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but yeah, a Blu-ray disc would be able to hold that, and more, you can get in excess of 100GB on one these days.

The codes thing is just a way of ripping people off, making second hand copies worthless, and trying to tie you to online services (customer profiling, targeted advertising, and making it possible to sell you the games again later once the codes / downloads have expired years from now)
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

gameoverDude wrote:
Shelcoof wrote:

"Just a code in a case" sounds wasteful. If you're not going to print the Blu-Ray or whatever media, that defeats the point of the case. Download vouchers should be packaged like PSN gift cards.
Yes but it's happened, quite a bunch on the PS3 back in the day and even more recently the Vita. I know Marvel Vs Capcom 2, some versions of Duck Tales among others off the top of my head.
cfx

Post by cfx »

ATTRACTS wrote: Yes but it's happened, quite a bunch on the PS3 back in the day and even more recently the Vita. I know Marvel Vs Capcom 2, some versions of Duck Tales among others off the top of my head.
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 right?

Anyway, point stands. I think the practice really sucks.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

cfx wrote:
ATTRACTS wrote: Yes but it's happened, quite a bunch on the PS3 back in the day and even more recently the Vita. I know Marvel Vs Capcom 2, some versions of Duck Tales among others off the top of my head.
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 right?

Anyway, point stands. I think the practice really sucks.
Nope it was Marvel Vs Capcom 2
There was an actual Physical Case for it.

I know because when I heard there was an actual retail copy I searched everywhere online only to find online sellers looking to sell the physical version for hundreds of dollars.

Luckily for me I found out that it was digital only and moved on but damn imagine if I actually dropped some money on that case to find out there was no disc... you bet I would have been pissed.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Getting demos on Sony platforms isn't free. As a dev or publisher, you have to make them, then you have to pay Sony to host them on their servers.

Also, you're still in seventh-generation-console-logic-world. Microsoft retconned the indie scene with the release of the XB1 (which was originally going to be an open devkit) and their ID@Xbox programme.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
Milspex

Post by Milspex »

My copy finally shipped today
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, for the concerned, looks like Play-Asia got its shipment of physical copies in.

https://twitter.com/playasia/status/763644093142437888

P-A's response said its 100% physical with a disc inside, so yeah guys, put all your fears to rest! Looks like a good time to get a real good physical copy of Caladrius Blaze at a real good price. (plus shipping and all!)

Also, just in case for all intents and purposes, unlike the digital X360 overseas release, CB for the PS4 (like its PS3 counterpart) is 100% uncut (even from the US/EU digital releases). And does contain the story vocals as well.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

So now that the PS4 version is available would anyone be able to compare the PS3 and PS4 versions?

I'd really like to know if there is a graphics upgrade or any added feature that are not in the PS3 version.

I already own two copies for the PS3 [Accidentally bought two :?] but if the PS4 version adds better graphics or something new I'd snatch up a copy to show my support.
ExitPlanetDust

Post by ExitPlanetDust »

Did anyone pick up the digital release? How's the port?
Milspex

Post by Milspex »

PC Engine Fan X!

Post by PC Engine Fan X! »

ExitPlanetDust wrote:Did anyone pick up the digital release? How's the port?
Yes, I d/l the digital release off of the USA region PSN site and it's a miniscule 1.11GB file for the PS4. Am not sure if the actual PS4 Blu-ray disc of Caladrius Blaze has any extras on it besides the usual 3 modes of Original, Evolution & Arcade.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
cave hermit

Post by cave hermit »

Ah, I've been wanting to play Caladrius for a VERY long time!

I'm tempted to order from playasia just because I like owning physical, but if the US digital release is identical to the physical import release, I might just get the digital one for the time being for the sake of instant gratification
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Well, I too got the Digital release, cause, might as well get it asap, and also as I said before, there's barely any differences besides being a port of the PS3 release, though now on the PS4 with English texts, story vocals, fanservice (lol), and faster loading.
RedDragunee

Post by RedDragunee »

PC Engine Fan X wrote:
Yes, I d/l the digital release off of the USA region PSN site and it's a miniscule 1.11GB file for the PS4. Am not sure if the actual PS4 Blu-ray disc of Caladrius Blaze has any extras on it besides the usual 3 modes of Original, Evolution & Arcade.

PC Engine Fan X! ^_~
Sorry for offtopic, but would you mind answering your PM's? :)
Tried to get a hold of you, but it seems quite difficult.
Last edited by RedDragunee on Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last Hope? Sure hope not...
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

NeoStrayCat wrote:Well, I too got the Digital release, cause, might as well get it asap, and also as I said before, there's barely any differences besides being a port of the PS3 release, though now on the PS4 with English texts, story vocals, fanservice (lol), and faster loading.
So pretty much a pass for those who already own the PS3 release?
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Shelcoof wrote:
NeoStrayCat wrote:Well, I too got the Digital release, cause, might as well get it asap, and also as I said before, there's barely any differences besides being a port of the PS3 release, though now on the PS4 with English texts, story vocals, fanservice (lol), and faster loading.
So pretty much a pass for those who already own the PS3 release?
Probably so, but hey, are you willing to spend what Play-Asia is selling at 4x the amount the PS3 version is selling for? No...>.> (I know there's buying it used for cheap, but that's another story.)

But unless you're a trophy hunter or completionist, the game's stackable and it has its own online leaderboards for the PS4 version.

And besides, the PS4 version, at least, is good enough for a decent price point.
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

Holy crap you weren't kidding when you wrote Play asia was selling the PS3 version for 4X the amount! :shock:

That said I'm just trying to find some sort of excuse to pick up the PS4 version lol
So far the feedback here isn't pushing me towards that :P
ATTRACTS

Post by ATTRACTS »

Shelcoof wrote:Holy crap you weren't kidding when you wrote Play asia was selling the PS3 version for 4X the amount! :shock:

That said I'm just trying to find some sort of excuse to pick up the PS4 version lol
So far the feedback here isn't pushing me towards that :P
What else are you wanting? it's not a brand new game, it's just a port.