Caladrius Blaze PS4 Gets Physical English Release in Asia

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
HydrogLox

Re: Caladrius Blaze PS4 Gets Physical English Release in Asi

Post by HydrogLox »

My guess is that it is linked to the decline in stock level - that is probably why the PS3 Caladrius Blaze is US$129.99. Basically the PS4 Caladrius Blaze disc release is being treated as a limited run with some added play-asia "business sense".
Shelcoof

Post by Shelcoof »

HydrogLox wrote:My guess is that it is linked to the decline in stock level - that is probably why the PS3 Caladrius Blaze is US$129.99. Basically the PS4 Caladrius Blaze disc release is being treated as a limited run with some added play-asia "business sense".
Sort of a Dick move but can't really blame them... should have pre-ordered for 29.99$ when people have the chance.

With how popular PS4 game collecting is with limited run releases I only see the value of this game going up.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Anyone noticed that the cutscenes aren't voiced when playing with two players?
waiwainl

Post by waiwainl »

Shadolf wrote:WARNING about additional costs when ordering at Play-Asia or any other location outside EU from within EU!
Best to buy from them per item and use the cheapest shipping.
I never lost a package.

Exceptions are expensive/limited items, those should at least have tracking.
Visit: https://shmu.ps
Experience the National Video Game Museum in the Netherlands
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Shelcoof wrote:
HydrogLox wrote:My guess is that it is linked to the decline in stock level - that is probably why the PS3 Caladrius Blaze is US$129.99. Basically the PS4 Caladrius Blaze disc release is being treated as a limited run with some added play-asia "business sense".
Sort of a Dick move but can't really blame them... should have pre-ordered for 29.99$ when people have the chance.

With how popular PS4 game collecting is with limited run releases I only see the value of this game going up.
Indeed, the price now just shot up for the physical release to $36, lol.
xxx1993 wrote:Anyone noticed that the cutscenes aren't voiced when playing with two players?
I already have, and I guess that's normal, cause the voices in 2-players didn't happen in the PS3 version either. Although, if you're playing Arcade/Evo. in co-op, there is voiced dialogue by Celica in both Missions. Besides, maybe it wasn't worth it to do voices for co-op modes, considering how many co-op runs you had to do with every character, lol.
I've Come to Deliver Some Bad Luck!
Milspex

Post by Milspex »

Every order I've ever placed with Play-Asia was followed with a letter from customs a few days after the parcel has arrived.

The letter states that the package will be released to me as soon as I have the customs fee that is included in the letter.

Obviously, the package is already in my possession so I have never ever paid the bills. This has happened roughly 15 times already... :D
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Still, that's odd.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Also, has anyone noticed how psychotic Lilith is? She reminds me of Juri Han from Street Fighter.
theclaw

Post by theclaw »

xxx1993 wrote:Still, that's odd.
It's probably not as odd as USPS. From my experience, they don't even bother trying to collect customs fees for general goods to private individuals.
At least I've never been asked to pay one cent. Are any other relatively civilized nations like that?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

It's like not having the conversations in Castle of Shikigami voiced, and trust me, playing Caladrius is literally like playing Castle of Shikigami all over again.
Last edited by xxx1993 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Weird... I beat the game with every character available, including pairing the characters, but I haven't unlocked the cutscenes...
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

xxx1993 wrote:Weird... I beat the game with every character available, including pairing the characters, but I haven't unlocked the cutscenes...
Well, it could be either one or 2 things, you might have turned "Demo" off or something, or you have to complete the game fully and accessing the final stage and the TLB/TFB to defeat. Unless you're playing on any other difficulty, that might prove challenging, its much easier on "Practice" just to earn said endings and cut-scenes.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

I have the demo on, though... And I just skimmed through the cutscenes by pressing the X button rapidly. But for some reason, I didn't get the cutscenes... I've also reached Beelzebub on all my runs also, so I don't get what's the problem.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-giBA0RtpE&t=1782s

In other news, where the hell do I get that CG of Caladrius, Alex, Kei, Sophia, and Maria standing in front of the gate? Do I have to beat the game as Caladrius without losing a single life or does that only apply to the arcade mode?
ACSeraph

Post by ACSeraph »

xxx1993 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-giBA0RtpE&t=1782s

In other news, where the hell do I get that CG of Caladrius, Alex, Kei, Sophia, and Maria standing in front of the gate? Do I have to beat the game as Caladrius without losing a single life or does that only apply to the arcade mode?
You get it for no-missing either stage 5 or 6 in AC mode. Can't remember which. Using stage restarts is probably fine if you can't manage a legit run.
<STG.1cc> 死ぬがよい <ACT.1cc>
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Or as I said, just play it in Practice difficulty, simply easy, lol.
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

So it's in AC mode, huh?
xxx1993

Post by xxx1993 »

Oh, and Caladrius' real name is Chidori?
Oniros

Post by Oniros »

Something I've never been clear with Caladrius is which one is supposed to be the uncensored release? The X360 JP release? Or Blaze?
Squire Grooktook wrote:
Captain wrote:The future of shmups is the past.
*Yagawa smiles with the teeth of a shark*

*cue Heavy Day*
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Were any of the versions censored? I know you can turn off the "shame break" cut-ins in the options menu, but were they ever removed completely?
NeoStrayCat

Post by NeoStrayCat »

Oniros wrote:Something I've never been clear with Caladrius is which one is supposed to be the uncensored release? The X360 JP release? Or Blaze?
BulletMagnet wrote:Were any of the versions censored? I know you can turn off the "shame break" cut-ins in the options menu, but were they ever removed completely?
I can answer that, so far, the only release that was altered (sheesh, I really don't feel like saying the c-word, lol.) was the digital X360 English release/version that was out in US/EU. In that, the intro is instrumental, story voices are cut (including character select and the weapon power up screen) but battle voices are in, and all playable characters final shame break (when being hit from your last life) are removed, since you know, lewd and all, though Kei's is a bit modest. Bosses final shame breaks have also been altered as well, though the art is from the AC version, Lilith has also been covered up by more darkness, but as ACSeraph said, it looks more better that way. And lastly, all result screens after clearing each stage by no-miss has been changed to AC art and not the Bosses separately, because, you know, also lewd, except Graham, also modest. (Also, for some reason, the English release cannot let you use the sound test for characters, as its removed, I suppose you can listen in the JP X360 version, and also on CB. [Though its kinda funny the TFB has 2 different voices, lol. One from the original Caladrius and one for CB.], Also, buying the 8bit DLC from the JP Xbox store does not work for the digital English version, I've tried, lol. However, the DLC characters do work between Store region versions.)

The JP X360 version of Caladrius is fully uncut, as well as both PS3/PS4 versions (and hopefully sooner or later, the PC/Steam release) of Caladrius Blaze.
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Milspex wrote:Every order I've ever placed with Play-Asia was followed with a letter from customs a few days after the parcel has arrived.

The letter states that the package will be released to me as soon as I have the customs fee that is included in the letter.

Obviously, the package is already in my possession so I have never ever paid the bills. This has happened roughly 15 times already... :D
How do you know they won´t come collect the unpaid duties one day?
How long ago did this happen the first time?

I always paid up till now, but if what you claim can be done without consequences... I´ll think again for paying up next time. :P
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Super Laydock

question about your post in the Caladrius PS4 thread

Post by Super Laydock »

double post... :oops:
Last edited by Super Laydock on Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Milspex

Post by Milspex »

Super Laydock wrote:
Milspex wrote:Every order I've ever placed with Play-Asia was followed with a letter from customs a few days after the parcel has arrived.

Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Milspex wrote:
Super Laydock wrote:

Thanks for your reply! :)
Going to try this with a relatively low cost order and see if I can get away with ignoring a bill too.
It´s basically theft anyway if an item isn´t available in this country at all anyway and you have no choice. :roll:
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
Milspex

Post by Milspex »

Don't blame me if it doesn't work for you though :lol:

They way I see it, according to the law anything you import into the country that has a lower value than 22 euros is free of any charges, above that you only pay tax. (21%)

So yeah Caladrius Blaze was 30 euros or so, yet they charge me the full amount (tax + customs charges and administration costs). I don't think that is fair at all.

If you get two items, at 20 euros each, they also charge full amount as if it were 40 euros. So don't combine orders to play it safe.
Super Laydock

Post by Super Laydock »

Milspex wrote:Don't blame me if it doesn't work for you though :lol:
If I end up having to pay duties on DOA X 3, I'll know where to find you... (somewhere in Lampengat). :wink: :lol:
Seriously though, I should try this with a low price order anyway.
So if I end up paying it shouldn't be too much (and worth the experiment).
Barroom hero!
Bathroom hero!
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

I just bought this. So am I right in thinking that Blaze doesn't have the arcade version's Original mode, or is it hidden somewhere? Because Original in here is totally different, it seems more like Caladrius 1.00 than 1.10 on the 360. And the 360's version 1.10 isn't totally accurate to the arcade version, either. MOSS, you suck.
Mero

Post by Mero »

iconoclast wrote:I just bought this. So am I right in thinking that Blaze doesn't have the arcade version's Original mode, or is it hidden somewhere? Because Original in here is totally different, it seems more like Caladrius 1.00 than 1.10 on the 360. And the 360's version 1.10 isn't totally accurate to the arcade version, either. MOSS, you suck.
AC original is still exclusive to the arcade, yes. ACSeraph used to say it was a novice mode and not very good, so I don't think anyone's missing much. Bit strange to omit it though, I agree.
iconoclast

Post by iconoclast »

The 360's version 1.10 is comparable to arcade Original, the only difference is that some zako don't shoot bullets on the 360. Technically it makes the game easier, but I don't think it's a big deal because those are sections you'd use your bullet canceling shot on anyway.

I bought Blaze hoping it would have a more accurate port... but it doesn't have one at all! Hopefully Arcade mode is the same, at least.