Xbox 360: Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 (November 2010)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Elixir

Xbox 360: Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 (November 2010)

Post by Elixir »

Dodonpachi Resurrection / Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu
怒首領蜂大復活

Normal Edition     

Limited Edition
(includes Arrange disc)

Package Version

(includes DLC and Ketsui-like Arrange mode)

ImageImage
Xbox 360 screenshots courtesy of Andriasang.

Platform: Xbox 360
Genre: Shooting
Released: November 25th, 2010 (Japan)
Players: 1-2
Game rating: Unknown
Developed by: Cave
Region: Japan (NTSC-J)
Language: English/Japanese (English menus with Japanese subtitles)
Standard price: 7,140 yen
Limited Edition price: 9,240 yen

Official site:

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox360/daifukkatu/

Official site for Black Label:

http://www.cave.co.jp/gameonline/Xbox36 ... atu/black/

Official Xbox 360 PV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_Xu2wLg33U

Official Xbox 360 PV 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGJL6CW1qhw

Official Xbox 360 Black Label/Package Version PV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPUEmCGR8fw

Xbox 360 DLC/Package version announcement (among other things):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9jqQ3V66Xc

Premium theme 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFPJdeSOLcg
Premium theme 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUNFc9m5Phg

Gamericons: http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/8206/dfkicons.jpg

FAQ

- Where can I buy it from?
The following sites ship internationally.

Play-Asia - DODONPACHI DAIFUKKATSU BLACK LABEL (Located in Hong Kong) (affiliate link)
Play-Asia - DODONPACHI DAIFUKKATSU STANDARD EDITION (Located in Hong Kong) (affiliate link)
Play-Asia - DODONPACHI DAIFUKKATSU LIMITED EDITION (Located in Hong Kong) (affiliate link)

[url=hhttp://www.play-asia.com/Do_Don_Pachi_Daifukka ... -433k.html]Play-Asia - DODONPACHI DAIFUKKATSU BLACK LABEL[/url] (Located in Hong Kong)
Play-Asia - DODONPACHI DAIFUKKATSU STANDARD EDITION (Located in Hong Kong)
Play-Asia - DODONPACHI DAIFUKKATSU LIMITED EDITION (Located in Hong Kong)

- What other shmups are for 360?

Please see my Guide to owning a Japanese 360 thread.

- Is the game region locked? Do I need a Japanese Xbox 360?

The game is region-locked.

- What comes with the LE?

The limited edition includes an arrange soundtrack composed by Kenji Itou and Kouta Takahashi.

- What does the 360 version add from the Arcade version?

The 360 version has two Arrange modes, HD visuals, and does not cost $1600 dollars.

The 360 version will also have 1.51 DLC for those who attended the latest Cave festival, and is included in both normal and limited editions (first print only).

- Will the 360 version have Black Label like Futari did?

Black Label DLC has been confirmed courtesy of EPS21 and Shinsha-obaka:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/shinsha3/archives/1348469.html

- How much is the Black Label DLC?

It has been confirmed in this video that the Daifukkatsu Black Label DLC will be 1200 Microsoft Points. This will require a Japanese account in order to purchase from, and you will need Japanese Microsoft Points. Thankfully, Play-Asia digitally send 1400 Japanese Microsoft Points and 3500 Japanese Microsoft Points via email. The Black Label DLC was released 02/03/11.

Black Label's music can be applied to 1.5's retail version only by purchasing the DLC and owning the original game.

- What is the "package version"?

The package version has been announced for 4,800 Yen, and will be available on the same day as the DFK BL DLC, 2/3/11. It includes BL DLC, and an Arrange mode in the same style as Ketsui.

MODES

Control:

A button: Tap to fire shots, or hold to fire laser. When firing the laser, the player's movement becomes slower.
B button: Uses a bomb when Bomb style is chosen, switches shot types when Power style is chosen.
C button: Auto-fires shots (without activating the laser).
D button: Activates the hyper counter.

Fighters:

Do-NX-SF-25B Struggle Fighter "Deltasword" (red): fast movement, concentrated front shot formation.
Do-NX-AH-16B Assault Helicopter "Biaxe" (green): forward main shot, subshot follows player's direction. (Version 1.5 only)
Do-NX-FB-72D Fighting Bomber "Spearhead" (blue): slow movement, wide area shot formation.

- Shot style:
-- Bomb style: Pressing the B button consumes a bomb in stock. Bomb is recharged by collecting bomb items.
-- Power style: The player can switch between Normal or Boost firing modes by pressing the B button. Boost mode increases fire power, but reduces moving speed.

Hyper counter: This can be activated when the hyper counter gauge is full. During activation, the player's attack can destroy enemy bullets until the gauge is depleted. The gauge can be recharged by destroying enemies.

Counter laser: When using the laser, it can block weak lasers fired from enemies, but not strong lasers if boost mode is not used. When the hyper counter is activated, the player's laser can block both laser types in either shot style.

Stages: There are two paths for each stage, with the second one being accessible under certain conditions; should the appropriate requirements be met, the bosses from the original DoDonPachi will reappear as mid-bosses with upgraded graphics and fiercer attacks. Hibachi, the series' trademark true last boss, only appears after completing stage 5 for the second time in an Ura loop and destroying its war-machine form Taisabachi (an interesting pun, since the translation is Colonel Bee and it's indeed piloted by Gottvin himself), its Hibachi core capable of extremely brutal attacks and, a series' first, counterattacks whenever the counter laser is used.

As usual, a protective shield is deployed around Hibachi whenever invincibility is granted to the player, in the form of a bomb or hyper activation. For less skilled players, an easier second loop can be accessed meeting less tight requirements (namely collecting 35 hidden bees and not using a continue, or not dying at all regardless of how many bees collected), whereas the Ura loop demands collection of all 45 hidden bees, no deaths and exploding no more than two bombs.

In the end, the entirety of the plot is revealed: exploiting their desire for revenge, the Colonel manipulated the Element Dolls/Daughters into exterminating the human race, convinced of its intrinsic imperfection and aiming towards rebuilding it according to his idea of flawlessness (an attempt already foiled centuries before by the first DonPachi Squadron). Said ambitions come to an abrupt halt with the destruction of the ultimate fighting machine Hibachi.

BLACK LABEL

This version, released in January 2010, contains following known changes:
  • Ship selection changed: Players now select the fighter type, then the style (Bomb, Power, or Strong). The style now corresponds to easy, medium, and hard difficulty respectively. Then, player can select whether to utilize auto-bomb or not.
  • Ships can now fire both laser and shot simultaneously.
  • Score counter's number letter sizes increase every 5th digit for easier viewing
  • Added Red Mode (烈怒モード Reddo Moodo), a small long bar at top right (or top middle when playing with two players) which increases if you shoot both laser and shot simultaneously. When it passes a certain threshold, the bar in the meter turns red, and the game becomes much more difficult while it is in the red. The bar will reset when the player dies, or reduced after hyper ends / player does not shoot both laser and shot.
  • Hyper meter now increase very slowly unless you turn the "Red Mode" bar red. In addition, Hyper power itself runs out much faster after use.
  • Hypers can now be "collected" for the Power style. Continue to increase the Hyper meter and it will stock up like a bomb when the meter is filled.
  • Activating the hyper now shows the current "rank" of the Hyper effectiveness with blocking bullets temporarily.
  • The bee bonus items in the stages function differently.
  • Hibachi (true final boss) now can appear in the first loop if certain requirements are met. In addition, the difficulty / durability of both the final boss Taisabachi, now renamed Supreme Weapon of Extreme Hellish Annihilation - Golden Disaster (獄滅極戮至高兵器ゴールデン・ディザスター Gokumetsu-Gokuriku Shikou-Heiki Gooruden Dizasutaa) and the true final boss have increased dramatically.
  • Hit combos are now calculated differently. Namely, the hit combo does not go up as fast unless you turn the "Red Mode" bar red.
  • All the music has been replaced.
Credits to: Andriasang, Wikipedia, Cave Co. Ltd
Last edited by Elixir on Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 28 times in total.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
emphatic

Re: Xbox 360: Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 (November 2010)

Post by emphatic »

Nice, this is more like it!
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
gatsu25

Post by gatsu25 »

I read conflicting stories on the 1.51 DLC. Mostly I have read that it is only being given to people at the Cave Festival. I have also read that the card will be given to those who preorder? Does anyone know for sure yet? Also, anyone have a picture of the card who attended the show? I feel a bit stupid now since I'm in Japan and didn't bother going!
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

gatsu25 wrote:I read conflicting stories on the 1.51 DLC. Mostly I have read that it is only being given to people at the Cave Festival. I have also read that the card will be given to those who preorder? Does anyone know for sure yet? Also, anyone have a picture of the card who attended the show? I feel a bit stupid now since I'm in Japan and didn't bother going!
You can count on it being in the pre-order LE package, and almost certainly in the pre-order RE as well. We will know as soon as the true information about the two versions appear online.
Image | My games - http://www.emphatic.se | (Click) I have YEN stickers for sale
RegalSin wrote:Street Fighters. We need to aviod them when we activate time accellerator.
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

Ordered.

Rocked the PCB when I owned it. Can't wait to play it again.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

emphatic wrote:
gatsu25 wrote:I read conflicting stories on the 1.51 DLC. Mostly I have read that it is only being given to people at the Cave Festival. I have also read that the card will be given to those who preorder? Does anyone know for sure yet? Also, anyone have a picture of the card who attended the show? I feel a bit stupid now since I'm in Japan and didn't bother going!
You can count on it being in the pre-order LE package, and almost certainly in the pre-order RE as well. We will know as soon as the true information about the two versions appear online.
Is there info on what 1.51 actually changes?
emphatic

Post by emphatic »

Zeron wrote:Is there info on what 1.51 actually changes?
EOJ @ cave-stg.com wrote: -3 buttons instead of 4, just like Daioujou. Bomb button doubles as hyper button.
-hyper mode time has been reduced.
-Kill enemies with laser and you get more points than with shot.
-When the autobomb triggers, all of your bomb stock depletes (similar to Ketsui DS)
-Combo doesn't cut off when you use bombs.
-Bombs increase when some as of yet unknown requirement is reached.
-Stage layouts, enemy positions, and other aspects of the game system are exactly the same as ver 1.5
-seems you have to destroy a boss while in hyper mode, otherwise you don't get the star items to collect afterward
-Use a lot of hypers, and it will go to the 2nd loop patterns
Source of info: http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=974.0
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

emphatic wrote:
Zeron wrote:Is there info on what 1.51 actually changes?
EOJ @ cave-stg.com wrote: -3 buttons instead of 4, just like Daioujou. Bomb button doubles as hyper button.
-hyper mode time has been reduced.
-Kill enemies with laser and you get more points than with shot.
-When the autobomb triggers, all of your bomb stock depletes (similar to Ketsui DS)
-Combo doesn't cut off when you use bombs.
-Bombs increase when some as of yet unknown requirement is reached.
-Stage layouts, enemy positions, and other aspects of the game system are exactly the same as ver 1.5
-seems you have to destroy a boss while in hyper mode, otherwise you don't get the star items to collect afterward
-Use a lot of hypers, and it will go to the 2nd loop patterns
Source of info: http://www.cave-stg.com/forum/index.php?topic=974.0

Sounds interesting I think I will like this 1.51
Last edited by Zeron on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dmauro

Post by dmauro »

Thanks for making a proper thread, Elixir :D
apple arcade

Post by apple arcade »

I can't wait to waste hours of my life playing this game.
mesh control

Post by mesh control »

How does DFK's difficulty compare to DOJ's?
lol
antares

Post by antares »

It would be great if the first person who spots the preorder on amiami could post a short note here :)
WTB: Arkanoid II Revenge Of Doh PCB, Outzone PCB, Fixeight PCB
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

mesh control wrote:How does DFK's difficulty compare to DOJ's?
Doj is definitely more difficult in my opinion. A DFK 1CC is not difficult to accomplish. A Doj 1CC however...
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

robivy64 wrote:
mesh control wrote:How does DFK's difficulty compare to DOJ's?
Doj is definitely more difficult in my opinion. A DFK 1CC is not difficult to accomplish. A Doj 1CC however...
I think you'd have to clear both loops in DFK to be comparable.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
chempop

Post by chempop »

I have such high hopes for this game, reflecting lasers sounds like the greatest thing ever - I can't help but wonder how often this occurs throughout the game.

I like the design of the enemy pilots a lot (assuming that's who the art is of).
Thanks for the well done topic!
"I've had quite a few pcbs of Fire Shark over time, and none of them cost me over £30 - so it won't break the bank by any standards." ~Malc
Phellan Wolf

Post by Phellan Wolf »

It looks like all preorders will have the DLC card for ver 1.51. At least it is what is said in the prodcut description at PA.
This year it's without a doubt the shooting year. I'll lhave to train with DOJ once 5PB releases the patch.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

chempop wrote:I have such high hopes for this game, reflecting lasers sounds like the greatest thing ever - I can't help but wonder how often this occurs throughout the game.

I like the design of the enemy pilots a lot (assuming that's who the art is of).
Thanks for the well done topic!
What pilots?

You mean the element dolls which are the bosses?
Bananamatic

Post by Bananamatic »

Zeron wrote: You mean the element dolls which are the bosses?
It has a robot maid with glasses, so it has to be a good game.

Too bad I can't import, period :roll:
gameoverDude

Post by gameoverDude »

When NCSX opens preorders, I'll get mine in and give the heads-up. I'll try for a limited edition barring any clusterfucks like quantity limits.
The HD 2D visuals look nice- simply, the sort of thing Cave does best.
Kinect? KIN NOT.
MachineAres 1CC

Post by MachineAres 1CC »

God, that "push start" screen is absolutely gorgeous <3 Can't wait.
JUST A COUPLE MORE SHOTS です
Achievements/trophies|1CC List
Twitch|Genesis Shmups project
XBL & PSN: IDOLxISxDEAD
professor ganson

Post by professor ganson »

Nice job in the op, Elixir.

So was there a general consensus on this game quality-wise and difficulty-wise? The extra modes will no doubt change things up, so even if the reaction has been mediocre this will be a must-buy.
Vyxx
Banned User

Post by Vyxx »

Gotta give props to Elixir for the OP, nicely done sir.

The wait is killing me.
alastair jack

Post by alastair jack »

robivy64 wrote:Doj is definitely more difficult in my opinion. A DFK 1CC is not difficult to accomplish. A Doj 1CC however...
Is it at least as hard as Ketsui? Hope it's not too "easy".
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

I'd place it on par with Deathsmiles Mega Black in terms of difficulty.
Jockel

Post by Jockel »

alastair jack wrote:
robivy64 wrote:Doj is definitely more difficult in my opinion. A DFK 1CC is not difficult to accomplish. A Doj 1CC however...
lol it's WAY easier than Ketsui.
robivy64

Post by robivy64 »

Let's put it this way (since this forum tends to like homoerotic analogies):

You are in a prison shower. There is a guy who always stands in the corner with a chubby, but he doesn't bother anyone.

DFK = You notice that he's there, but turn away, and move on.
Ketsui = You walk up to him, he tries to make a pass, but you dodge and escape.
Doj = You poke him with a stick, he bends you over, and you get raped. And his dick has spikes on it.
kemical

Post by kemical »

damn those hires ships looks so good
brentsg

Post by brentsg »

Jockel wrote:
alastair jack wrote:
lol it's WAY easier than Ketsui.
While this is generally true, DFK 1.5 does have a difficult second loop. It's just unfortunate for the uber players that they have to play through the first loop to get there.

Also there is a significant variation in difficulty based upon which mode you play. Strong is the easiest with bomb and power on the other end of the spectrum. And if difficulty is your thing I'm sure the inevitable Black Label DLC will float your boat. It's a single loop game with Bomb easiest, Power a bit more difficult, and Strong a bit nuts. Also red mode significantly boosts the difficulty level, and it's necessary if you want to score.

One of the things that I most admire about the 2 DFK games is that they are EXCELLENT choices for a cab at home. From a difficulty perspective these games do a good job at having something for everyone. My 4 year old twins can have every bit as much fun with these games as I can, and I'm sure if EOJ or GP (or some other uber shmups player) ever find themselves in St. Louis for some crazy reason.. they'd be satisfied to stop by for a few credits as well.

I think that this aspect of DFK, plus the likely arrange modes.. will make for a great home port.
Breaking news: Dodonpachi Developer Cave Releases Hello Kitty Game
Burningvigor

Post by Burningvigor »

Um this may seem a bit off topic, but who is Zatsuza? Theres an ost on that and people speculate its a secret last boss.
SFKhoa

Post by SFKhoa »

they're not gonna port Black Label as DLC until SOMEONE figures out who or what Zatsuza is.

that would be the ultimate troll move from CAVE.