Xbox 360: Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 (November 2010)

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
moozooh

Re: Xbox 360: Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu 1.5 (November 2010)

Post by moozooh »

Yes, in January. It's awesome.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
nZero

Post by nZero »

moozooh wrote:It's awesome.
I still need to try the post-patch version! Same mechanics just rebalanced, right?

Honeslty, Arrange A and Arrange B are the only reasons I'm holding onto ver1.5.
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Not sure; I didn't play it pre-patch. So far it seems to be: grind rank as high as possible in green mode, use red/blue as necessary, get high scores in the process.
Matskat wrote:This neighborhood USED to be nice...until that family of emulators moved in across the street....
whoozwah

Post by whoozwah »

So to give you an idea of my skill level at shmups, today I 1cc'd Black Label novice for the first time after practicing it on and off for like a week. Wide shot, bomb style, autobomb on. Next I'm going to work on doing that with autobomb off. Then using strong style instead of bomb style. Then moving to Black Label mode.
gs68

Post by gs68 »

So earlier this week I got a "version 1.05" patch for DFKBL retail. What does this affect?
Aisha

Post by Aisha »

gs68 wrote:So earlier this week I got a "version 1.05" patch for DFKBL retail. What does this affect?
I haven't downloaded that patch yet, but I think that's the one that fixes broken arrange mode replays, and possibly a few other bugs.
apple arcade

Post by apple arcade »

apparently you can no longer move the camera to the up skirt position, thus making your 85$ shooting fodder absolutely useless. xD

*if this post doesn't make sense, it's a GAL*GUN joke.
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

Preserving thread, 21/05/11.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
ncp

Post by ncp »

Was there any particular reason for not just releasing DFK, BL, and ketsui-mode in one disc? Just now getting around to buying it, but why do I have to pay 110 dollars for 3 versions of a game? ;_; Seems kind of silly :s

(this is correct, yes? 1.5 isn't available on the black label retail, right?)
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

ncp wrote:Was there any particular reason for not just releasing DFK, BL, and ketsui-mode in one disc? Just now getting around to buying it, but why do I have to pay 110 dollars for 3 versions of a game? ;_; Seems kind of silly :s

(this is correct, yes? 1.5 isn't available on the black label retail, right?)
It's more money that way...

DDP DFK Black Label Package Edition contains three modes: Black Label 360, Black Label Novice and Black Label Arrange (Ketsuipachi, Daifukketsui... whatever you wanna call it).
The BL 360 and BL Novice modes are identical to those that can be purchased as the DLC for DDP DFK ver 1.5. The bonus to purchasing the package edition is getting BL Arrange as well as another 1000 cheevos instead of an additional 250 (in the case of the DLC)... and having the content on an actual disc. With all of this, your mileage may vary. But most people who purchased the BL Package Edition did it to play the Arrange Mode.
DrTrouserPlank

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

I received my copy today as it was going for a decent price and was quite surprised to find that I actually have the DLC code for 1.51. I'd have though that given the age of this game that the first print stocks would have been exhausted by now.

All I need now is an Asian 360 to play it on XD
To go "full-Plank" - colloquial - To experience disproportionate levels of frustration as a result of resistance to completing a task. Those who go "full-Plank" very rarely recover.
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Finally starting to get the hang of this. The hidden route is awesome, now that I can finally get in.

Stage 5 is giving me the smackdown every time. I usually get there with bombs and 2 lives, but those laser-shooting pods are just nuts.
xbl0x180

Post by xbl0x180 »

dunpeal2064 wrote:Finally starting to get the hang of this. The hidden route is awesome, now that I can finally get in.

Stage 5 is giving me the smackdown every time. I usually get there with bombs and 2 lives, but those laser-shooting pods are just nuts.
Stage 4... there are so many things to blow up! Even the boss has extra stuff to blow up (her... booster rockets!) 8)
dunpeal2064

Post by dunpeal2064 »

xbl0x180 wrote:
dunpeal2064 wrote:Finally starting to get the hang of this. The hidden route is awesome, now that I can finally get in.

Stage 4... there are so many things to blow up! Even the boss has extra stuff to blow up (her... booster rockets!) 8)
Oh yeah, love that stage 4 boss. Such a dramatic fight.

I think I mighy hyper too often for my own good.
Raiden Gekkou

Post by Raiden Gekkou »

I've been wondering something. I've noticed that the commander of the DonPachi Corps is known by 2 names. I hear him called Schwarlitz Longhena, or Longhena Gottvin. Which is it?
moozooh

Post by moozooh »

Godwin Longhener, isn't it?
jammiejay85

Post by jammiejay85 »

I received a DLC card with mine do you need a Japanese account to activate the code just wanted a confirmation on this? I am keen to try out Black Label Mode. There might be an expiry date aswell just wondering as i've only had the game a couple of months.
ptoing

Post by ptoing »

The DLC you get with the game is version 1.51 which is meh. I do not think the codes expire if you do not use them.

Black Label is separate DLC, not passed out with a card.

And I am fairly certain you need a Japanese account for both in this case.
roker

Post by roker »

ptoing wrote:And I am fairly certain you need a Japanese account for both in this case.
Nope.

No Japanese account needed at all. The DLC can be found in the US Marketplace.

You can enter the code online on your computer (through the XBOX 360 portals) or through the system itself.

At least that's the way I did it.
"something witty."
by someone witty
Elixir

Post by Elixir »

roker wrote:
ptoing wrote:And I am fairly certain you need a Japanese account for both in this case.
Nope.

You can enter the code online on your computer (through the XBOX 360 portals) or through the system itself.

Are you confusing Daifukkatsu for Futari? Futari Black Label is available on non-Japanese stores (since it's region free), Daifukkatsu Black Label isn't.
I haven't actively browsed/used this forum in many years and it's no longer an accurate representation of me.

I have retired from genre-specific content creation after 13 years, but I'll always love this little genre in my own personal way.
roker

Post by roker »

Elixir wrote:
roker wrote:
Nope.

Are you confusing Daifukkatsu for Futari? Futari Black Label is available on non-Japanese stores (since it's region free), Daifukkatsu Black Label isn't.
absolutemente.

I guess I'm allowed one goof.
"something witty."
by someone witty
jammiejay85

Post by jammiejay85 »

Yeah I did think I would need a Japanese account to play it. I might set one up at a later date and try it but i'm still enjoying 360 and Arrange A too much at the moment though. Thanks for the help anyway.
moh

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Question?

Post by moh »

hey guys, im new to the forum and this is my first post =] just have a question about dodonpachi daifukkatsu for xbox 360. Does TATE mode fill the entire screen? or are their still bars around the game window?

The PAL release is coming out soon and I'm wondering whether or not i should get it!

(merged post into DDPDFK360 thread /nZ)
StarCreator

Re: Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Question?

Post by StarCreator »

moh wrote:hey guys, im new to the forum and this is my first post =] just have a question about dodonpachi daifukkatsu for xbox 360. Does TATE mode fill the entire screen? or are their still bars around the game window?
If you are on a 4:3 display, it'll fill the entire screen (though some zoom manipulation may be necessary). If you're on a 16:9 display, there will be artwork on the top and bottom. If you're on any other sort of display, black bars will fit it to the nearest of these two.
moh wrote:The PAL release is coming out soon and I'm wondering whether or not i should get it!

(merged post into DDPDFK360 thread /nZ)
Probably should have shoved it into the PAL DFK thread instead? ^^;
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I doubt that this will mean much to very many here thanks to the PAL version, but apparently Japan will be getting a Platinum reissue of this one.
mirkvid

Post by mirkvid »

Dang, i need to get on the ball. I got this the day it came out (JP Vers) and still don't have a JP X360...
Casper<3

Post by Casper<3 »

I love this game!

You deff need to get on the ball. Coughing up the cash for a J360 was the best gaming decision I ever made.
Jeneki

Post by Jeneki »

Platinum reissue for 1.5, Black Label, or both?
Typos caused by cat on keyboard.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I'm not sure, I only heard the Platinum existed when I got an update email from P-A. If I had to guess I'd assume that it's just a straight reissue of the "regular" game, but then again maybe they'll throw BL on there like they did with Deathsmiles - not sure if there's much concrete info out there for it yet.
Dazzyman

Post by Dazzyman »

I bought the JPN version and BL when they came out and rebought em to play on my UK machine other week :-P