RSG publish DDP Resurrection in Europe

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
Illyrian

Re: RSG publish DDP Resurrection in Europe AND Australia ;)

Post by Illyrian »

MJR wrote:
finisherr wrote:Does anyone know if there is a general DDP DFK or Resurrection strategy guide? I'm having some trouble with the hidden route. Even when I seemingly destroy the oil tanks before the tanks do, and even when I collect all of the bees, it appears that I access the hidden route only about half of the time. Am I missing something? I'd like to be able to do this more consistently to avoid having to restart in the beginning.
If you register your game with rising star games, you can download a small guide from their website, but it mostly gives tips for scoring.
For the actual secret routes, only info I found was at the xbox360 achievements.org.
Strategy section has something about the black label, probably rest too but I havent bothered to search yet.

And about the tanks, all you have to really do is to destroy the silos before tanks hit them. It seems at the moment that I get to secret area every time I do that.
Look back a few pages in this thread. I wrote a post detailing in extreme detail how to get the stage 1 URA boss, what to look for and what the difficulties were. Just read back a few pages.
www.twitch.tv/illyriangaming
<RegalSin> we are supporting each other on our crotches
MJR

Post by MJR »

Illyrian wrote:
MJR wrote:
finisherr wrote:Does anyone know if there is a general DDP DFK or Resurrection strategy guide? I'm having some trouble with the hidden route. Even when I seemingly destroy the oil tanks before the tanks do, and even when I collect all of the bees, it appears that I access the hidden route only about half of the time. Am I missing something? I'd like to be able to do this more consistently to avoid having to restart in the beginning.
If you register your game with rising star games, you can download a small guide from their website, but it mostly gives tips for scoring.
For the actual secret routes, only info I found was at the xbox360 achievements.org.
Strategy section has something about the black label, probably rest too but I havent bothered to search yet.

And about the tanks, all you have to really do is to destroy the silos before tanks hit them. It seems at the moment that I get to secret area every time I do that.
Look back a few pages in this thread. I wrote a post detailing in extreme detail how to get the stage 1 URA boss, what to look for and what the difficulties were. Just read back a few pages.
Sorry about missing that; I was going to read whole thread but since it was over 30 pages... I did read first 10 pages but havent had time to go further. Will do before posting again :)
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

What most guides fail to mention is that you can also enter the hidden route in stage 3 if you didn't die before that and got all the bees from stages 1 and 2. This isn't even so bad unless you want to get to the Ura loop. The normal version of stage 2 is still nearly worthless, but you can't get that much score from the Ura version either, so you're not losing that much potential.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Even with 10,000+ hits on the midboss, which I never pulled off anyway, only ever got above 5,000 on Novice a few times, and break the chain every time in 1.5.
spl

Post by spl »

DQuick wrote:
There are still copies of Deathsmiles on the shelf here - what happened with DFK huh RSG?? Why did GAME drop it in Australia? Why is JB-Hifi not selling it like they are selling DS??
Maybe you are answering your own question. How do you know the Deathsmiles sitting on the shelves haven't been sitting there for ages ? Australia is a tiny market comparitively speaking, the effort to get the games on shelves against the number of possible sales is unlikely to be significant. Besides why would you buy it at retail in Australia anyway ??? Pay twice as much and wait for a delayed release if it ever comes... no thanks.
Of course they are old stock - but they don't seem to mind having 100 spare copies of MW2, etc.

I'm not so pissed off that I can't get it locally - but it was promised a local release and that means random people will never just walk into a game shop and see it on the shelf. How is the game/genre supposed to get exposure if the only people that know about it are the people who were waiting for it??

I have given up on it being released here now and will have to import a copy from the UK. :roll:
xbl0x180

Post by xbl0x180 »

It's probably cheaper if you import it from the UK rather than buying it at the store now 8)
hermosaguy

Post by hermosaguy »

Anyone cool with making me a bum UK account so i can dl the dlc? :) I can paypal, etc.
brokenhalo

Post by brokenhalo »

hermosaguy wrote:Anyone cool with making me a bum UK account so i can dl the dlc? :) I can paypal, etc.
its dead simple. make a new account with a name like "fakeukaccount" and set your country to uk when it asks. put in a random uk address when it asks for your address (24 Grosvenor Square, London, W1A 2LQ). then follow these steps to add your paypal account.
hermosaguy

Post by hermosaguy »

brokenhalo wrote:
hermosaguy wrote:Anyone cool with making me a bum UK account so i can dl the dlc? :) I can paypal, etc.
its dead simple. make a new account with a name like "fakeukaccount" and set your country to uk when it asks. put in a random uk address when it asks for your address (24 Grosvenor Square, London, W1A 2LQ). then follow these steps to add your paypal account.
Thank you!
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Figured out a way to get the hidden route about 90% of the time. Before my plan incorporated destroying some of the tanks before they roll over the oil drums. Now that I'm going for the oil tanks right off the bat and collecting the bees I'm accessing the route more frequently.

And now, learning how to chain stage 3.
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Also, just in case anyone is interested...

I discovered that you can really milk the stage 2 boss. If you intermittently hit it with your laser and dodge the first few patterns it keeps the hit counter going. Then, once the boss unleashes that one pattern with LOTS of bullets, activate the boost hyper and absorb all of that goodness. You can do this multiple times until you get to the second phase. If you chain the whole stage and use this boss milking technique, you'll rack up plenty of points.

I should note that this is my first attempt at learning to score as I learn the levels...pretty much right out of the gate. I find the game to be much more enjoyable this way. Perhaps that also has to do with the fact that chaining is somewhat easier in this DDP release in comparison to DOJ and DDP.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

Anyone got a link to a top scoring TYPE-B Bomb Style for Black Label superplay?

Can't seem to find anything on nico video
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

On the first loop, the boss I generally have the most trouble with is the second one. On the second loop, they're all pretty dangerous except for the first. This is with B-Strong though. It may be different for other shottypes.
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Is their no way to skip to say stage 5 when watching a replay? Fast forwarding at max speed still takes like 5 minutes...
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

AntiFritz wrote:Is their no way to skip to say stage 5 when watching a replay? Fast forwarding at max speed still takes like 5 minutes...
I looked around for this too, I think you're pretty much screwed. Same goes with Deathsmiles/ESPGaluda II since they use roughly the same port engine (and therefore input replay playback mechanics).
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

I put this game down for a few weeks. Came back today and played bomb mode. About a centimeter away from taking down the last Stage 5 boss first try. If only I didn't choke! I can see myself clearing this game if I actually practiced the 5th stage with all of those lasers. That's where I got hit the hardest.
Aconcit

Post by Aconcit »

I ordered this last week from CDWow and it just arrived today. I'm satisfied with the decent arrival time considering how it was free shipping. Luckily there weren't any border fees either. So far my one complaint is the case that it came in. I feel like I'm going to snap the disc in half every time I take the disc out.
Estebang

Post by Estebang »

Aconcit wrote:So far my one complaint is the case that it came in. I feel like I'm going to snap the disc in half every time I take the disc out.
Agreed so much. I ended up keeping the discs in standard jewel boxes. They really should have opted for two separate spindles, like how the JPN Cave OSTs were packaged. Stacking discs on top of each other just doesn't work.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Say it to Rising Star for Akai Katana before they do the same again. They did it first with Deathsmiles and it's only now that anyone's complained.

(I personally have no problems with it, it's not as bad as some DVDs I've seen, but I'm still waiting for Plankytrousers to stop misinforming people about it being available locally in Australia so yeah)
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

BPzeBanshee wrote:Say it to Rising Star for Akai Katana before they do the same again. They did it first with Deathsmiles and it's only now that anyone's complained.

(I personally have no problems with it, it's not as bad as some DVDs I've seen, but I'm still waiting for Plankytrousers to stop misinforming people about it being available locally in Australia so yeah)
Yeah if your going to make a thread like this atleast do it properly and don't deliberately spread misinformation just because.
RegalSin wrote:Rape is very shakey subject. It falls into the catergory of Womens right, Homosexaul rights, and Black rights.
spl

Post by spl »

What misinformation did he spread? Just wondering..

I ordered this from zavvi last week and still waiting. :( Was hoping to give it a shot this weekend but looks like it won't arrive until next week. Don't know why they don't have an express shipping option.

So sad that they needed to region lock such a niche game. Obviously the localisation was a complete disaster since most countries never received copies. I've had the J version since release and cannot play it due to region locking.

How much money do they think they can make in Europe off these games?? Just open the damn floodgates and let the games through god damn it!
spl

Post by spl »

Just saw this on the first page: Australian customers can find this title in a wide variety of outlets

DrTrouserPlank, please edit this incorrect statement so people like me don't happily stroll into our Australian stores and be confronted by sales clerks asking "Dodo what now?"

It is NOT available in any Australian store, be it retail store or online store. The only way to obtain a copy of this in Australia is to import it from another country such as the UK.

Your statement is stupid also, anybody from any country can find this title in a wide variety of outlets - the argument however is wether is was RELEASED in Australia or not.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Edit: I think I've spilled enough meanness for the week. Don't mind me.

Would like to see the misinformation fixed though, if not by DrTrouserPlank by a mod like spadgy or someone who knows we know what we're on about.
Ghegs

Post by Ghegs »

I went ahead and removed that line.

*NINJA EDIT* And fixed the title too.
No matter how good a game is, somebody will always hate it. No matter how bad a game is, somebody will always love it.

My videos
AntiFritz

Post by AntiFritz »

Ghegs wrote:I went ahead and removed that line.
Needs to be done in the title of the thread too.
DrTrouserPlank

Re: RSG publish DDP Resurrection in Europe

Post by DrTrouserPlank »

I was going to change the title, but I see someone beat me to it.

As for spreading misinformation that was never the intention. I changed the title in response to people complaining about Australia having not received the game and being indignant about it being reported as being released in "Europe" when they had in fact not got it. It was only ever meant as a joke. It was funny at the time.

People need to chill out a bit.

Had I not been in bed last night when people were asking for it to be changed I would have done it myself.
To go "full-Plank" - colloquial - To experience disproportionate levels of frustration as a result of resistance to completing a task. Those who go "full-Plank" very rarely recover.
DQuick

Post by DQuick »

For anyone in Australia that is worried about importing themselves, or wants to possibly reduce delivery time.

http://www.playdisc.com.au/dodonpachi-r ... -2959.html
Apparently shipping from Sydney.
spl

Post by spl »

DQuick wrote:For anyone in Australia that is worried about importing themselves, or wants to possibly reduce delivery time.

http://www.playdisc.com.au/dodonpachi-r ... -2959.html
Apparently shipping from Sydney.
LOL after all that.. so funny..

Where were you a few months ago?? :P
Aconcit

Post by Aconcit »

BPzeBanshee wrote:Say it to Rising Star for Akai Katana before they do the same again. They did it first with Deathsmiles and it's only now that anyone's complained.
Good idea, I went and did that. Though I'm not sure if they'll consider one man's opinion.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

DrTrouserPlank wrote:I was going to change the title, but I see someone beat me to it.

As for spreading misinformation that was never the intention. I changed the title in response to people complaining about Australia having not received the game and being indignant about it being reported as being released in "Europe" when they had in fact not got it. It was only ever meant as a joke. It was funny at the time.

People need to chill out a bit.

Had I not been in bed last night when people were asking for it to be changed I would have done it myself.
Sounds totally reasonable, however the joke only lasts for so long before it annoys people. Furthermore, Rising Star had initially said or otherwise gave the impression Australia was going to get it as it was under the PAL region along with the rest of Europe, only to get fucked over.

If you got a new job and then got stabbed in the back and removed from said job thanks to corporations with money for example, I don't think you'd be feeling inclined to "chill out a bit" either. I just hope that this crap (Australia getting the cold shoulder that is) doesn't happen again with Akai Katana for PAL.