RSG publish DDP Resurrection in Europe

This is the main shmups forum. Chat about shmups in here - keep it on-topic please!
hwl

Re: RSG publish DDP Resurrection in Europe AND Australia ;)

Post by hwl »

Uh, nice topic title. :X
StarCreator

Re: RSG Confirmed to publish Dodonpachi Resurrection in Europe.

Post by StarCreator »

BPzeBanshee wrote:I can see the complaints about Ketsuipachi not being included because it's basically one mode to add to a nearly-complete package plus if memory serves Deathsmiles got more in its PAL package than what Japan got (please correct me if I'm wrong but Black Label was DLC for the Japan disc wasn't it?) which along with the advertisement serves to give some kind of impression. Honestly though, I lost this view as soon as torisu said THE FIRST TIME AROUND that it wasn't getting added.
As torisu stated, Black Label Arrange ("Ketsupachi") was never a DLC mode, so this is sort of irrelevant. But, to clear the air: The original Japanese release contained only the vanilla Arcade, Xbox 360, and 1.1 modes, with MBL Arcade/360 and MBL 1.1 being made available as two separate DLCs later. The Platinum Hits release in Japan contained all the vanilla modes AND MBL Arcade/360, but was still missing MBL 1.1. The NA and EU releases contained every mode, including MBL 1.1, with no DLC available.
BPzeBanshee

Post by BPzeBanshee »

StarCreator wrote:
BPzeBanshee wrote:I can see the complaints about Ketsuipachi not being included because it's basically one mode to add to a nearly-complete package plus if memory serves Deathsmiles got more in its PAL package than what Japan got (please correct me if I'm wrong but Black Label was DLC for the Japan disc wasn't it?) which along with the advertisement serves to give some kind of impression. Honestly though, I lost this view as soon as torisu said THE FIRST TIME AROUND that it wasn't getting added.
As torisu stated, Black Label Arrange ("Ketsupachi") was never a DLC mode, so this is sort of irrelevant. But, to clear the air: The original Japanese release contained only the vanilla Arcade, Xbox 360, and 1.1 modes, with MBL Arcade/360 and MBL 1.1 being made available as two separate DLCs later. The Platinum Hits release in Japan contained all the vanilla modes AND MBL Arcade/360, but was still missing MBL 1.1. The NA and EU releases contained every mode, including MBL 1.1, with no DLC available.
I never said Ketsuipachi was DLC, but thanks for the clarification on the Deathsmiles additions.

My point was it's (Ketsuipachi) one extra mode that got shafted in the Black Label standalone release which remains Japan-exclusive, while despite Japan submitting Deathsmiles' extra modes as DLC we ended up getting the whole lot (+MBL) in one package. It set a false precedent, just as Deathsmiles actually being sold here locally was a false precedent.....

Speaking of which, I went to JB Hifi today, just like GAME they didn't stock DDP:R. No local stores in Australia are selling this I presume.
DrTrouserPlank wrote:RSG publish DDP Resurrection in Europe AND Australia ;)
Your sense of humor is terrible as usual, I see.
Zeron

Post by Zeron »

PAL DeathSmiles was based on the Japanese Platinum release which includes MBL.
torisuRSG

Post by torisuRSG »

BPzeBanshee wrote:I never said Ketsuipachi was DLC ...
That was possibly my fault for implying you did, as I misunderstood your previous post. Sorry about that.
spl

Post by spl »

torisuRSG wrote:
BPzeBanshee wrote:I never said Ketsuipachi was DLC ...
That was possibly my fault for implying you did, as I misunderstood your previous post. Sorry about that.
Have you found anymore info about Australian release yet? I went to the shops also today and did not see it anywhere.
Drachenherz

Post by Drachenherz »

Maybe if you ask very politely... And offer some, hum, "phyiscal compensation"... They will get one from below the counter and procure you a copy?

Edit: Yes, yes, I'm enjoying myself quite a lot, tongue-in-cheek style. :P
Truth - Compassion - Tolerance
O. Van Bruce
Location: On an alternate dimension... filled with bullets and moon runes...

Post by O. Van Bruce »

How much money would cost to send it from here in europe? just ask someone from here to send it to you by mail...

I'd gladly do that, without charge... I know a doujin drawer in japan (Kamonari) who always sent me games and such free of charge so i have to answer to people who had the same problem as me before...
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

I don't mean to go off topic but has anyone been able to successfully order from Zavvi? I keep getting errors right before it redirects to PayPal. I read up on them and it sounds like they're pretty sketchy.

http://www.zavvi.com/games/platforms/xb ... 66189.html
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

I tried paypal, got the same errors
So did a friend of mine
however,
CC# went through easily, and my order was dispatched today

afterwards i watched a youtube video that showed off zavvi's DDP RES having been delivered (overseass) in 14 days, albeit poorly packaged. still, no damage ...
i also read a ton of negative reviews ...

i guess we'll see. users of the forum who have purchased this game (or any) from zavvi should throw in their two cents
Estebang

Post by Estebang »

Zeron wrote:PAL DeathSmiles was based on the Japanese Platinum release which includes MBL.
For the record, the American release also has MBL on-disc.

Also, my copy of DFK was preordered from Zavvi. Took about a week and a half to show up, but it was in a sturdy cardboard envelope and undamaged.
antron

Post by antron »

had the same issue with PP, had to go with CC. I'll let you know how it arrives, it's apparently on its way.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Zeron wrote:Also, my copy of DFK was preordered from Zavvi. Took about a week and a half to show up, but it was in a sturdy cardboard envelope and undamaged.
Thanks guys. I put in a CC order. Hopefully it arrives before Christmas so I can gift it to myself. :wink:
ibeatu

Post by ibeatu »

hey i just got this game but i don't see the dlc for it i am using a us xbox 360 and account how do i get the dlc? thanks
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

As mentioned many, many, many times in this thread, you can only download the DLC using a European Live account. The hardware region of the 360 doesn't matter. Once downloaded, any gamertag on the 360 the content was originally purchased on can use it.
Kacoo02

Post by Kacoo02 »

When using Paypal to purchase the DLC for this game, will I need to add my Paypal account to my main gamertag or the one I created for the UK?
KisakiProject

Post by KisakiProject »

I'm absolutely loving this more than any other CAVE game I've played. I got really close to 1cc last night. Died a pixel of health before getting the boss to final stage. Its pretty easy to get two 1ups. Really solid scoring mechanic. Looking forward to attempting it again tonight.

I posted on RSG Facebook to see if they could put the DLC up on the US marketplace. I know CAVE put MHSF DLC on the USA marketplace. So hopefully they can. If not I'll make a EURO account and paypal it.
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

KisakiProject wrote:I posted on RSG Facebook to see if they could put the DLC up on the US marketplace. I know CAVE put MHSF DLC on the USA marketplace. So hopefully they can. If not I'll make a EURO account and paypal it.
CAVE is on record stating that the rules for releasing DLC in multiple regions have changed since Mushihimesama Futari - I believe the exact reason why it's no longer done worldwide is Microsoft now requires all DLC to pass through each region's rating board, which made worldwide DLC prohibitively expensive.

Also, RSG's license likely does not include worldwide distribution, so this would be sort of moot as releasing content into the US would be beyond their means.
MJR

Post by MJR »

Bought xbox360 just to get all the cave games, and got this from a store today. It felt kinda amazing to finally buy a legit cave product from a game store near my work, after playing so many years on mostly emulated versions of their games. And even more great is the fact that it's dodonpachi!

Cant wait to get home and pop this in (plus deathsmiles which I got earlier). Last time I was able to buy a decent 2D shooter from a store was when Gradius V was launched. That's something like 7 years ago... christ!!
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

Odd. I checked both local game stores here and didn't find DFK in either. Not that I have any means of playing it since I only own a Japanese 360, but I figured I'd buy it just out of support if I saw it somewhere.
sjewkestheloon

Post by sjewkestheloon »

In Manchester you could only buy this game in one shop, and that was Game, the most crappy chain about. There wasn't a copy in HMV, Gamestation, Bee.com, etc etc. Very different to the situation with Deathsmiles where every one of the above had at least one copy for some time.

A real shame as I imagine that it will seriously cut into sales if it is very difficult to find a copy in one of the UK's biggest cities.
Number of 1cc's : 5
Now playing: Gunbird
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

I got to stage 4 on power mode today. Dare I say that chaining is actually fun for me this time around?
Arizona

Post by Arizona »

I ordered my copy from Zaavi on Monday of last week and got it this past Wednesday (and I'm in errr, well, Arizona) - came in perfect condition, so color me impressed.

Also, forgive me if this has been mentioned already, searching didn't turn up anything: You can get MS Points via Bing Rewards on a US gamertag and then use them on a UK account. Basically, ou get about 13 Bing points a day (sometimes more on special occasions) by clicking a link and doing 20 searches, and when you get 125, you can redeem those for a 100 MS Point code. It comes via e-mail and can then be used on any account you want, even UK gamertags. Obviously, it'll take quite some time to get Black Label for free this way, but you can at least get a nice discount.
ZAN NEN MU NEN
MJR

Post by MJR »

Played for some time, 1cc'd novice xbo360 mode on first try so maybe I should go for the regular xbox360 mode.

Holy shit, this game is great!
finisherr

Post by finisherr »

Power Mode is superior! Being able to boost to gain firepower and slow down your ship on certain patterns is really awesome.
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

Got mine in 8 days from the UK [in az also]
Box intact, game undamaged
MJR

Post by MJR »

I've been playing this game WAY WAY too much. When I close my eyes I see bullets..

Nice to see classic bosses making returns, though some of them in hidden detour.
hail good sir

Post by hail good sir »

y'all
Last edited by hail good sir on Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Erppo

Post by Erppo »

1.51 scoring is pretty messed up. None of the other mechanics really matter anything, since you can get so massive amount of score by first accumulating a huge number to the "max hits" counter and then bombing certain boss laser attacks. The record for the mode is 6 trillion, and probably at least full 5 trillion comes from bombing the lasers.
Chaos Phoenixma

Post by Chaos Phoenixma »

Has anyone figured out how to get the 10,000 Expert Items in Stage 3 achievement on Arrange B? Like what sort of rank you need, and how you have to play the level?

That's the last Arrange B achievement I need as I just got got my total high score in the mode to 50.2 million.