Project Neon - New shmup for the Neo Geo (Development blog)

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
mtn360

Project Neon - New shmup for the Neo Geo (Development blog)

Post by mtn360 »

Hey fellow shmuppers!

Some of you might already know by now, but I just wanted to let you know that our Kickstarter campaign for Project Neon - a new shmup for the Neo Geo MVS/AVS - is going life in about 10 hours from here :)

You can can get a glimpse on what we're up to here and via our updates on Twitter.

Some of the available tiers will include an alpha access (ROM) where we will actively share alpha versions of the game over a certain period of time. We do this to "bridge" some time for our backers and also get more feedback early on regarding what's good and what still needs some more attention!

While we plan to share general updates on the Kickstarter page during the development phase, we'd love to use this thread here to share some of the development insights along the way.

You can find the exact time for your location here.

We're pretty pumped for revealing the campaign details and announcement trailer tomorrow and are looking forward to everyones feedback.

Cheers!

RetrocadeMedia

Re: Project Neon - New shmup for the Neo Geo (Development bl

Post by RetrocadeMedia »

Looks good. I understand what people are saying about it being a vertical only game, but I don't think it'll be that big of a problem.
Do you have plans to sell the rom itself? Or maybe sell it packed with some sort of modified emulator that's set up to just play it (ala DOS games on steam being packed with Dosbox)?
mtn360

Post by mtn360 »

RetrocadeMedia wrote:Looks good. I understand what people are saying about it being a vertical only game, but I don't think it'll be that big of a problem.
Do you have plans to sell the rom itself? Or maybe sell it packed with some sort of modified emulator that's set up to just play it (ala DOS games on steam being packed with Dosbox)?
We just discussed this quite recently again with the team and our current backers, but decided not to go down this route for now. We'll focus on the AES/MVS release first, and then go from there instead.
mtn360

Post by mtn360 »

For those of you interested in how we go about creating the music for the YM2610 chip, there's an Kickstarter update that we posted a few days ago: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/fu ... ts/2683468

It covers both, the creation/composing process, as well as how we're getting things into the game :)