shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:03 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Project Neon - New shmup for the Neo Geo (Development blog)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:31 am 

Hey fellow shmuppers!

Some of you might already know by now, but I just wanted to let you know that our Kickstarter campaign for Project Neon - a new shmup for the Neo Geo MVS/AVS - is going life in about 10 hours from here :)

You can can get a glimpse on what we're up to here and via our updates on Twitter.

Some of the available tiers will include an alpha access (ROM) where we will actively share alpha versions of the game over a certain period of time. We do this to "bridge" some time for our backers and also get more feedback early on regarding what's good and what still needs some more attention!

While we plan to share general updates on the Kickstarter page during the development phase, we'd love to use this thread here to share some of the development insights along the way.

You can find the exact time for your location here.

We're pretty pumped for revealing the campaign details and announcement trailer tomorrow and are looking forward to everyones feedback.

Cheers!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Project Neon - New shmup for the Neo Geo (Development bl
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:05 pm 

Looks good. I understand what people are saying about it being a vertical only game, but I don't think it'll be that big of a problem.
Do you have plans to sell the rom itself? Or maybe sell it packed with some sort of modified emulator that's set up to just play it (ala DOS games on steam being packed with Dosbox)?

Offline Profile