Working on a new bullet hell shmup. Red this time.

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
CaptainKraken

Working on a new bullet hell shmup. Red this time.

Post by CaptainKraken »

Ahoy there!

I posted on this forum about some of my previous games (Lightstorm Fighter and Green Ship: Overkill),
but I realize now that this was the wrong forum for them, as they are finished games. Derp.

Anyway, here's something that actually DOES belong in the "Development" forum, as it is, you guessed it, in development.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/210091342/

This game is called Red Ship: Scarlet Shot.
It is a sequel-ish-thing to Green Ship: Overkill that aims to improve on its basic gameplay.

Gameplay:
-Standard moving and shooting, along with focus to help you dodge (standard bullet hell fare)
-Scatter and Focus bombs (depending on whether or not you're focusing when you bomb)
-Where Green Ship had a kind of hyper system, this game does not. I feel this simplifies gameplay.
-I've implemented a rank system that I'll use to raise the difficulty of a second loop.
-Score is primarily earned by grazing bullets and destroying things.
-I'm trying to use less RNG this time, as that was people's main complaint about Green Ship.

The game probably won't run too well, since I'm still using Scratch, Haha.
I can remedy this by reducing my screen resolution. Not sure if that'll work on other computers though.

So! Go play it and tell me what you think. Again, I'm trying to make this better than my previous games, so If you see any red flags,
tell me straight away so I can get rid of em'. Unless it's about the performance. Can't help ya there.

Enjoy!
Squire Grooktook wrote:Make a game because there's something you want to exist that doesn't.
Shooting game never die!