New shooter on iOS - Stormkats

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
Clive

New shooter on iOS - Stormkats

Post by Clive »

Hello everyone, long time lurker shootm'up/ CRT fan here. I just released my first game on iOS a few weeks ago and would like to share it with you all:

Stormkats is a 2D Side Scrolling Shooter with traditional hand-drawn graphics & animation, and packed with tons of action. It has simple controls and is a love letter to the 90s Shootm'up genre .

Collect power ups, coins, unlock achievements and reach high scores in 5 leaderboards. Update 1.2 added a Scanline mode in addition to other things.

You can download the game here:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/stormka ... 91668?mt=8

Here's a video preview:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ori7mz_ngPs

Let me know what you guys think! I'm open to any suggestion/ improvements etc...! Thanks!
TheDogCatcher

Re: New shooter on iOS - Stormkats

Post by TheDogCatcher »

Very pretty looking, do you have any plans to port it to other operating systems ?
That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.
Clive

Post by Clive »

Yes, I'm currently looking into porting for Android :) . Just trying to figure out the best and most efficient way to go about it.
TheDogCatcher

Post by TheDogCatcher »

Cool, any chance there might be a PC port somewhere down the line ?
That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even death may die.
Clive

Post by Clive »

Yes PC/Steam is also in the plan. Porting to Android will most likely mean I can bring it to PC :wink: .