StarLightRiders - First Android Demo

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
Captainmanboob

StarLightRiders - First Android Demo

Post by Captainmanboob »

Hi Everyone,

I have recently got to the point where i can share my Shmup i have been creating myself for the last 10 months, if anybody is interested in having a go the link is here:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/lu ... ightRiders

I would appreciate feedback and opinions on how it plays and what i should change/Improve on.

(Note: As of posting this i will be out of the country for 2 weeks, i should hopefully have internet to reply, but if i cant, i'm not ignoring anyone :) )

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GamePlay Mechanics:

Slowdown - Remove your finger from the screen to enter Bullet time, good for planning where to move next or where to warp
Warp - Double tap on the screen to activate warp, warp will instantly move you to the tapped position, Each ship has 3 warps by default that can be upgraded.
Sheild - Activates Shield, Default is 6 seconds and can be upgraded.
Beam - Activates Beam, Default is 6 seconds and can be upgraded, Beam Ship doesnt have this secondary fire button
Bomb - Only for the Beam Ship, You get 3 bombs that destory both enemies and bullets
Hyper - Collect Falling reactors (Green Squares) to charge the Hyperbar in the bottom left, once charged the enemies will enter a frenzy state and start shooting double bullets.
AutoFire - The ships shoot when the user is touching the screen by default, when autofire is turned off the graze mechanic is activated.

Graze Mechanic - Graze 100 Bullets to recharge Sheild.

Reactors - Green Squares, Reactors Will charge the Hyper Bar and Increase the score Multiplier, if a reactor is missed the multiplier is reset back to zero, Reactors will also be stored and can be spent on Ship Upgrades:

Weapons are 200 Reactors.
everything else is 100 Reactors.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Game BreakDown:

3 Ships:
Standard Cannon
Beam
Homing

Each ship has 2 unlockable Level of weapons that gradually get more powerful.

Levels:

Currently has 9 levels setup with gradually harder enemies appearing, The end game will have 2 diffrent sectors each having 15 levels going from 1 - 2 minutes each.

Upgrades:

Extra Life
Increased Warp Charges
Increased Sheild Time
Increased Beam Time
Increased Hyper Time