The definitive Bee'em up

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
Kaleidogames

The definitive Bee'em up

Post by Kaleidogames »

Okey guys.

I showed you the previous version of Beekyr Reloaded, a year ago, before the massive graphics overhaul.
Here is the NEW Beekyr Reloaded with COOP mode and a ton of new great things. It will be out on the 14th of November 2017.

Here is a Steam key*. please play game and let the rest know if the game is good or not.
Notice there is a short one time tutorial that is not meant to be for you but all new players that don't understand Shmups which is ,sadly, in 2017 99% of the players. But don't worry it gets disabled after the first view.
If I see some videos uploaded (by people from this forum) with some sort of good gameplay that helps the game to gain some visibility I will post another key. I don't mind posting a few more!!! :)

MXZX5-CRXJE-D02PP

Here is a YouTube video for the trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufa9pJdoB6s

I really hope you like it , I made this game because I love Shmups as much as you , but being a developer myself I thought I could create something different worth playing. If you like it I would really like you talk about it in other places, I need exposure and this games has several years (full time) of development. The game is already very polished and I'm finally satisfied with the result. IT FEELS GREAT!

Also, I almost forgot to mention: For those top 5 players completing the elite mode first will be immortalized in a special mention in credits of the game in a future update and in the retail release of the game for PC and consoles.

The game will leave early access on a couple of days, but if you want to get the game you can do it now, it's on sale -20% right now!!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/48493 ... r_Reloaded
Kaleidogames

Re: The definitive Bee'em up

Post by Kaleidogames »

If nobody took the Steam Key I can give it to someone else. Nobody wants it?
Kumasan

Post by Kumasan »

I redeemed it. Thanks!
I'll post impressions later tonight when I get back from work.
Kaleidogames

Post by Kaleidogames »

Oh great!

Let see if you like it!
Kumasan

Post by Kumasan »

Ok I played it for about a half hour last night. It's cute and very well made. I really like the theme and the art and everything looks great.

The gameplay however feels a little plastic to me. It might have to do with the art style which still feels a little stiffly animated. The 2nd level with the pollen chase seems a little random. Actually, come to think of it, is the second level supposed to be some sort of bonus level? I like it, although it's a little easy.

It's a good game but something feels a bit off. I'll post more impressions this weekend.
Kaleidogames

Post by Kaleidogames »

Hi Kumasan,

I believe most shmups are a bit plastic. I have never agreed with the X axis rotation when a space ship goes up/down. That's why i made them rotate in the Z axis. But that, to me, is very trivial. I mostly focused in environments and gameplay a lot.
Besides that, I believe the game feels quite organic and very alive. Just with the rain, water fire or wind effects the game feels quite alive.

There has been a few streamers playing the game. They are not SHMUP pros but they definitely enjoy the game .
https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Beekyr%20Reloaded
There are more coming in this week and a few others in youtube but you get the idea.

In a forum like this, the appropriate difficulty mode for you guys would be "Expert" mode, only available after finishing "Arcade" mode... I hope you get there and the game makes you sweat.... in a good way.
If you have more feedback please let me know.

I had 2 keys reserved to give away in this forum. So I could place the second one... why not?
QF24M-PGC2P-0VCYP

I hope you both enjoy it!
Rue

Post by Rue »

Nabbed it, doesn't really get fun until 3-1. It's a little on the lengthy side, scoring has that weird exponential thing going on in the later levels. Achievements don't seem to be working for all the bosses except for the hornet queen. I'll see if I can 1CC it on the weekend, best I can do at the moment is 22 million.
Kaleidogames

Post by Kaleidogames »

Hey Rue.
Rue wrote:It doesn't really get fun until 3-1.
About the difficulty, put it this way, the game has lots of levels and I have to make most of them accessible in the easiest levels (Beginner , Arcade) as most players are nots shmup experts. World 3 & 4 are fun because I revamp difficulty there, But again, don't worry, as I said, I made the 'expert mode' for us, you will find the whole game challenging. 8)
Rue wrote:Achievements don't seem to be working for all the bosses except for the hornet queen.
People has the 'queen being killed' achievements being triggered but it's true a few players didn't triggered properly. Let me investigate it, the game has way too many things and sometimes fixing one thing breaks another! :x
Rue wrote:Scoring has that weird exponential thing going on in the later levels.
That is because the difficulty goes up.

EDIT: Achievements and others have been fixed in version 1.1.1 - UPLOADED
If you find other issues let me know. I will patch it again.