Heavy Drone - tips on game & how to find publisher

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
Estera

Heavy Drone - tips on game & how to find publisher

Post by Estera »

Hi Guys! We have developed a shoot em up game, that interacts with players by a post-apo plot, a possibility to travel throughout different ancient words and fight with various enemies, led by evil Seth - god of chaos. We are looking for a company, that could publish our game and profit from the release... do you have any tips for that?

Do you guys have any comments on our production?

I hope you'll like our trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POTXWgM ... e=youtu.be
Ebbo

Re: Heavy Drone - tips on game & how to find publisher

Post by Ebbo »

While I can't really give you any advice for finding a publisher, you should definitely consider if you really need one. Most of the projects here are self-published after all.

Regarding the actual game itself: the editing on the trailer is a bit hectic so it's hard to make concrete statements about the gameplay. However the visibility is high on my list of concerns. The player ship(s) seems to blend into backgrounds quite often and some foreground effects obscure the ship almost completely. Also no score tally in the HUD - was this a conscious design choice or simply something work in progress?