Spark | Released on Steam

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
EckyYakov

Re: Spark | In Development

Post by EckyYakov »

Accomplished since last update:
  • Added gamepad support to fullscreen
    Added gamepad support to all menus
    Added gamepad support to tutorial
    Integrated Steam API
    Integrated Steam Leaderboards
    Updated Tutorial
    Multiplier Balance changes
    Shark Fires laser more often
    Turtle bullet spread reduced
Next on the list:
  • Finish story mode by adding last section and final boss
    Add Credits page
We are going to be running a promo this weekend, where you download the Survival Demo, and compete for free copies of the game, posters, and stickers and such. I'll post here again to let you guys know about that. If you want to practice up on survival you can access the demo still. Let me know if you have any questions/comments/concerns!

Cheers
wgogh

Post by wgogh »

Congratz, man. I am busy with musical stuff right now but I'll soon look it up
EckyYakov

Post by EckyYakov »

wgogh wrote:Congratz, man. I am busy with musical stuff right now but I'll soon look it up
Thank you. It's getting there! I think i'm going to plan on building out more of the game for free after release, specifically in the story, but it will feel really good to get what I have out there and in people's hands.
EckyYakov

Post by EckyYakov »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/601130/Spark/

There is a link to the Store page. We are getting there slowly but surely. Favorite or wishlist it or however you want to be reminded of the release.

Cheers
EckyYakov

Re: Spark | Released on Steam

Post by EckyYakov »

Released on Steam, thanks everyone!

Let me know if you give it a play.
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

So you have made a post here! Hah, I'm the guy from reddit that told you to come here and post :P
EckyYakov

Post by EckyYakov »

tommyb wrote:So you have made a post here! Hah, I'm the guy from reddit that told you to come here and post :P
I'd never lie to you hahaha. I'll make a post about it in the other section you mentioned here in a bit. I want to relax and try to get to the top of the leaderboards for a bit haha
tommyb

Post by tommyb »

EckyYakov wrote:
I'd never lie to you hahaha. I'll make a post about it in the other section you mentioned here in a bit. I want to relax and try to get to the top of the leaderboards for a bit haha
I'm gonna buy it this weekend! I'll let you know what I think.
EckyYakov

Post by EckyYakov »

tommyb wrote:
I'm gonna buy it this weekend! I'll let you know what I think.
I hope you enjoy it! if ya have any feedback, comments, concerns anything... don't hesitate to let me know!
EckyYakov

Post by EckyYakov »

Hello Everyone!

We still have had some issues with the leaderboards. That is a high priority for me, and i am hoping these changes will fix the issue entirely, but let me know if it does not! Also some quality of life changes, balance changes to the sharks and dolphins, and some achievements are now... uh... achieveable. Please if you have any issues or suggestions drop them in the forums or contact me directly on Discord.

Fixed another bug with scores not submitting consistently to the Steam Leaderboards.
Now shows when you have set a new PR in the post game lobby.
Scores in game now have commas!
Fixed bug with first boss explosion SFX.
Nerfed probabilities multiple sharks spawn in the late game.
Nerfed health of Sharks.
Nerfed probabilities of Dolphin spawning early game.
Fixed Conquest Achievements

You can catch me on Twitch, if you want to see me working on patches or failing at climbing the leaderboards.

Cheers.

Ecky
EckyYakov

Post by EckyYakov »

Spark is on sale for less than a dollar right now!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/601130/Spark/

Hello Everyone!

Noobs rejoice! Today is the day Spark got a whole lot easier. Based on data and some feedback from players... it appers things were WAY too hard. Especially for those who have never seen or played Spark before release. In this patch, the difficulty curve has been smoothed out in Conquest and Survival. Expect to be able to survive much longer than before, and hopefully get some higher scores! If you think it still needs to be tuned down or tuned up, don't hesitate to drop a suggestion. We are all ears. In the meantime, I hope you guys enjoy yourselves much more!

PRO TIP: Focus on the combos!

Please if you have any issues or suggestions drop them in the forums or contact me directly on Discord.
  • Reduced difficulty of first section of Conquest
  • Reduced difficulty of first boss.
  • Reduced difficulty of second section of Conquest
  • Defeated bosses now give +1 HP
  • Smoothed out difficulty curve in survival mode so it takes much longer to get to the more difficult mobs.
  • Switched the positioning of Survival in the play list to be the top. New players should have an easier and more entertaining time learning the combos if they are under less pressure and have the help of powerups. We saw too may people giving up on the game entirely after playing only Conquest. We hope to see players stick around longer with this change.
You can catch me on Twitch, if you want to see me working on patches or failing at climbing the leaderboards.

Please if you put a decent amount of time into the game and have any feedback on how we can improve the game, leave a review. It helps me a ton to know where to focus on continuing development.

Cheers.

Ecky