2V Hoverbike now on steam

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
intertum

2V Hoverbike now on steam

Post by intertum »

I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, so excuse me if I broke any rule.

2V Hoverbike is a horizontal shoot em up featuring modern HD graphics and gameplay based on the classics.

video
You can buy it here

And if you do you can see your hi-score here
DCAdjust

Re: 2V Hoverbike now on steam

Post by DCAdjust »

intertum wrote:I don't know if this is the correct place to post this, so excuse me if I broke any rule.

2V Hoverbike is a horizontal shoot em up featuring modern HD graphics and gameplay based on the classics.

video
You can buy it here

And if you do you can see your hi-score here
I checked your steam page and this looks pretty cool. What engine did you use to develop your game?
MommysBestGames

Post by MommysBestGames »

Any more stats on this?
How many levels?
How many bosses?
What's the weapons like? Powerups?
Scoring system?

Looks decent from the trailer!
Made a giant arcade-adventure: Pig Eat Ball. Also made shmup with multi-ships: Shoot 1UP DX, Gunstacking game: Serious Sam Double D XXL, and more shooters.
BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

Seems there's a demo here though I'm not sure how old it is.
MommysBestGames

Post by MommysBestGames »

BulletMagnet wrote:Seems there's a demo here though I'm not sure how old it is.
Cool, thanks for finding it!

I'm also trying to get the actual dev to sell their game a little more :) And to encourage future devs to do the same... it helps especially when I'm super busy/lazy, it'd be nice for them to detail what makes their game special.
Made a giant arcade-adventure: Pig Eat Ball. Also made shmup with multi-ships: Shoot 1UP DX, Gunstacking game: Serious Sam Double D XXL, and more shooters.
intertum

Post by intertum »

Wow thank you for your answers (and doing my job :oops: )

There are five unique levels each one with its respective boss.
There are no power-ups just three different weapons: the standard bullet balanced between power, reach and speed, the spread gun which you know more bullets more reach bus less power and finally, the laser which is powerful but has a limited reach.
Each weapon has its charged attack the laser, for example, will make an energy ball very powerful but very risky.
The scoring system was supposed to be based on the core concept of the game the "2V" an energy source, so anytime you destroy an enemy it leaves behind its 2V fragment which you can get. Anyway, there is a multiplier which adds one every ten enemies in a row (without losing) you start in one, ten enemies after two and so on to a max of ten. The points each enemy gives is based on its life or defense, so if you managed to get to the boss with max multiplier and defeated without losing you'll get a great score.
There were many other plans for this game (upgrades, branching paths, etc) but well things happened.

You can buy a drm free version through a humble bundle widget at http://2vhoverbike.intertum.com/ (the page is only in Spanish, sorry :? )

I was thinking in put it for sale in itch.io and gamejolt but I don't know if it's worth it.

Oh, by the way, it was developed in unity.

Again thanks.