Rocking Pilot - released on Steam! Deflect the bullet hell!

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
kurismakku

Rocking Pilot - released on Steam! Deflect the bullet hell!

Post by kurismakku »

Hi everyone!
Some of you might remember me posting around here about Rocking Pilot development. Well, I am happy to announce that the game is released on Steam! :mrgreen: http://store.steampowered.com/app/593680/Rocking_Pilot/

Rocking Pilot is a single player top-down shooter that combines combo high score chasing, fast-paced arcade gameplay, a heavy rock soundtrack and crazy weapons into one awesome package.

Standard helicopter propellers are replaced with deadly ROTOR BLADES that chop down tanks and soldiers to pieces. Activating the Overdrive makes your helicopter an immortal machine of destruction: fly & chop through swarms of enemies while deflecting their bullets back at them, or use your own arsenal of guns, rocket launchers and lasers. Shoot, blast and slash through hordes of enemies.

Chopper deflecting bullets video (Wastelands Theme):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtcL7GPSCfs

*A modern take on arcade classics - crafted with care and love by fans of the twin-stick shooter genre. Smooth, slick and full of satisfying explosions.

*Fight with two weapons simultaneously - shoot projectiles while slicing nearby foes with your rotor blades at the same time.

* Brutal but tactical bullet hell - activate your rotor overdrive to deflect bullets and survive environmental harm or use it to cut through tough opponents - quick thinking is required.

Chopper vs submarines video (Swamp Theme):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SX7FRR0nbM

*Dynamic battlefield - 42 missions, 4 worlds and a huge number of enemies! Play the story campaign, 16 score missions, and 4 survival challenges.

* A huge number of collectibles - 76 trophies, 96 crowns and 34 skulls in the main campaign and optional missions.

* Online score challenges and leaderboards. Compete with others to become the ultimate pilot - with ultimate bragging rights.

Last edited by kurismakku on Tue May 23, 2017 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kurismakku

Re: Rocking Pilot - released on Steam! Deflect the bullet he

Post by kurismakku »

I hope some of you will try the game. :D Since we didn't get many reviews so far, while we are struggling with marketing, it would really help us to get some feedback. Since this is a huge step for us, we are gonna try to learn as much as possible. We are still working on the game, and more Rocking Pilot updates are coming to Steam.
kurismakku

Post by kurismakku »

Hey everyone, we created a small giveaway for Rocking Pilot. You can win a Rocking Pilot Steam key or a cool t-shirt. :D
Our goal is to get some feedback for the game, so if you have some time, I would really appreciate if you would try it out, and let me know what do you think about it.

What you have to do is visit➡️ https://goo.gl/iN7fNy, download the Rocking Pilot demo, play it a few times and then answer five short questions. :) Winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries on 9th August!

BulletMagnet

Post by BulletMagnet »

I actually snagged the full game a little ways back; I like the concept and the cheesy action movie veneer, and the game runs nicely even on my wimpy laptop, though I personally find its brand of action just a bit too imprecise for my liking. Charging through enemy troops to slice them up is fun (and the easiest way to bring the multiplier up), but it feels like I tend to "drift" a little bit as I move (at least when using an analog stick), oftentimes into a vehicle that kills me; "overdrive" doesn't help as much as one would hope, since you move even faster during it (which does makes sense, since you want to cover as much ground as possible while you're invincible) and are thus likely to "slide" into something unfriendly as you attempt to come to a stop as your meter runs out. It is possible to slow the pace down at least a little bit and play a bit more "safely", but especially in levels with a score minimum you're basically required to zoom around with a measure of abandon to kill things fast enough, which makes it easy to overlook an enemy indicator (especially those swoopy red planes) and get tagged as soon as something enters the screen right on top of you.

Don't get me wrong, I do dig a lot of what this game has to offer, and it's clear that the developer wants to do right by its customers, but it can sometimes feel like achieving the stage goal before something suddenly squashes you is partially a mater of luck, depending on whether something unfriendly happens to be waiting for you at the end point of a killing spree. Maybe I'm approaching the game incorrectly; if it sounds like I'm missing something by all means let me know, I want to like this one more than I currently do.