Bullet Party - Shoot the party crashers! [1-4 players]

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
SergioAlonso

Bullet Party - Shoot the party crashers! [1-4 players]

Post by SergioAlonso »

Hi!!! :D :D :D
I made the 1-4 players shmup where you shoot party crashers at the night club!

Play it on Steam!

Last edited by SergioAlonso on Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
BulletMagnet

Re: Bullet Party - Shoot the party crashers! [1-4 players][D

Post by BulletMagnet »

Just wanted to say I had a quick go at this and rather enjoyed myself; some levels are more traditional dodge-and-react challenges, while others are more puzzly, which keeps things interesting. Looking forward to future revisions, best of luck on Greenlight.
MommysBestGames

Re: Bullet Party - Shoot the party crashers! [1-4 players][D

Post by MommysBestGames »

This is pretty solid!
I played to 14%, into some puzzle-timed levels before stopping currently.
I like it!
I think the music was good. The enemy behaviors were good. The art was nice. The high-res sometimes versus low-res sometimes was a little odd but mostly worked.

A few things:
1. When I got the 'super quad power' blue thing, I didn't get what it did at first. I would make my bullets very bright/super powered looking. That could help. I was pretty sure I was invincible the first time I got it.
2. The in-ability of the right stick to shoot in any direction, though I'm aiming in any direction, was at first, strange. I eventually got used to it, and I think it makes sense design wise. Still it might be nice for the player to have a short 'laser sight' for user feedback to know where the right stick is aiming currently. I don't mean make the bullets change how they act, just a small line coming out of you, showing your current aim direction. Maybe.. consider it.
3. At least for me, in full screen on 1980x1080, the 'size of the level' didn't always fit the size of my screen. I didn't like not knowing where I would 'hit an invisible wall'. I think the edges of the level should be shown/defined. Maybe the outside color is all different. Or maybe the outside is just an outline of white... but something. I think you should show the edges as it's important for the player when knowing if the grey wall in a level is *next to the edge*, or one block away and I can get around it (for example).

Keep up the good work, and I voted on greenlight!
Made a giant arcade-adventure: Pig Eat Ball. Also made shmup with multi-ships: Shoot 1UP DX, Gunstacking game: Serious Sam Double D XXL, and more shooters.
SergioAlonso

Re: Bullet Party - Shoot the party crashers! [1-4 players]

Post by SergioAlonso »

Hi!

Just release the game on Steam!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/655910/BULLET_PARTY/

I really you hope you enjoy this cool game I made with love! <3
BulletMagnet

Re: Bullet Party - Shoot the party crashers! [1-4 players]

Post by BulletMagnet »

Just completed this, a handful of thoughts:

- If you plan on updating this, one thing I'd definitely add is a stage select mode/option, where you can choose individual levels (or at least groups of levels) to play, and perhaps try to beat your best time or finish as many as possible without getting hit, which the game would keep track of. In "dare to dream" territory, some kind of scoring system could apply even more depth and cause players to take different approaches...

- Probably also not possible since you're only charging two bucks for this, but from a purely frou-frou perspective I'd kind of like a "bestiary" section, which gives a few details on the enemy types; I know the visuals and plot aren't the focus here, but giving enemies their own "character" illustrations and/or profiles as you've (partially) done with the players might add a bit of zip to the package.

Otherwise had a good time with this, definitely worth the price. :)