TAIPROJECT: Darius engine for GameMaker: Studio (Studio 1)

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
DrBlowhole20

TAIPROJECT: Darius engine for GameMaker: Studio (Studio 1)

Post by DrBlowhole20 »

TAIPROJECT

Few days ago i started progress on my own engine which its unique objective is to remake the gameplay of the Darius series in GameMaker: Studio's engine. It is named TAIPROJECT, a mixture of the words Taito and Project. Since it's my first time using this engine properly, i am hoping a lot to get this done as long i don't strike to any big problem, even if it seems i'm mediocre at it.
I'll have you know this engine is, perhaps, for private use at the moment until i'm sure if i could release it and it is heavily in work in progress, it'll take months to finish it.

So alright, let's start with the first log!

Log #1: Begin of project / 31.03.17 (video date is one day minus because i uploaded it yesterday)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-z_h ... 3gwT2JqLTA
(Sorry if it's not YouTube, considering that at the moment i want myself out from there, for now! :lol: )

Starting from some code, i took example from Derek Yu's (partially complete) Game Maker tutorial from tigsource.com, which used the old Game Maker 8. Most of the code was made with help of the tutorial, while the respawning and game over sequence is done by me (and corrections by a fellow Game Development discord server!). There is no sound at the moment, which i consider adding that much later on the progress.
tiaoferreira

Re: TAIPROJECT: Darius engine for GameMaker: Studio (Studio

Post by tiaoferreira »

TAITO + PROJECT...
TAIJECT...
TAITECT...
PROTAITO...

The idea is so impressive that simple choose of name is a challenge, hahahah!

Go for break, man!