[Reverse Shmup] OMG ~ One Mighty Guardian

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
dozus

[Reverse Shmup] OMG ~ One Mighty Guardian

Post by dozus »

Hello guys,

Let me introduce myself, my name is Dodick and some call me Dozus.
I wanted to share what me and my friend have developed which is a reverse-shmup game called OMG ~ One Mighty Guardian. It has been a quite challenging attempt starting from the development of the AI and now when we try to create more option and balancing the game but we are sure that we will finish it. It seems also that there not a lot of reference for us (maybe you can help).
I don't know... I am not sure posting it here is also correct since this is a shmup forum(I am sorry for the inconvenience if it is a mistake to post this here).

We are still in early stages, we have a prototype but it's not ready for the public ( yet..... )

These are some gif's from our game

Spamming the minion
Customizing minion pattern
Calling the big boss
The end of the line, when the "hero" is winning

This is an early version of the gameplay video

We are still perfecting the AI and also creating more options in the game such as creating a passive upgradeable minion that spawned periodically and also more variation on the enemy.

Please give me your input, suggestion, and criticism

And you may check out our Steam Greenlight Campaign
Check out my Greenlight Campaign for my reverse-shmup game ~ One Mughty Guardian at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =892528206
opt2not

Re: [Reverse Shmup] OMG ~ One Mighty Guardian

Post by opt2not »

All my best ideas are taken!
I wrote up a design for this a little while back, but never executed on it. Damn, you snooze you lose!
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

Looks neat. Reminds me of an old Newgrounds game with a similar concept.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
dozus

Post by dozus »

opt2not wrote:All my best ideas are taken!
I wrote up a design for this a little while back, but never executed on it. Damn, you snooze you lose!
We might have the same idea, but we might have different execution. You should go for it!!
Lord Satori wrote: Looks neat. Reminds me of an old Newgrounds game with a similar concept.
Wow, do you remember the title :?: It will help me to research more about this genre.
Check out my Greenlight Campaign for my reverse-shmup game ~ One Mughty Guardian at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =892528206
Lord Satori

Post by Lord Satori »

I believe it was called "Inverted Shooter"? It's nowhere near up to par with this game, though.
BryanM wrote:You're trapped in a haunted house. There's a ghost. It wants to eat your friends and have sex with your cat. When forced to decide between the lives of your friends and the chastity of your kitty, you choose the cat.
AgileMaster

Post by AgileMaster »

That's a great idea dude! And looks like a stylish execution. There might be some games like that around from before but for sure I've never seen any. Good luck with the project!
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Lord Satori wrote:Looks neat. Reminds me of an old Newgrounds game with a similar concept.
It's called "Boss Rush". Direct link to the game: http://uploads.ungrounded.net/533000/53 ... sh.swf?123