GMALP - a GM Audiere wrapper with loop points

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
BPzeBanshee

GMALP - a GM Audiere wrapper with loop points

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Some of you may know I'm working on a new project as part of Team Grybanser Fox, and it's come to a point where I needed a solution for having music loaded with proper loop point support that wasn't a fucking hack. GMFMODSimple is not friendly for indies as far as commercial licenses are concerned and no other DLL provides proper loop point support.

Most engines including GM:Studio's own supports position setting of an audio track but because GM code is synchronised to operate once per step you'll always end up either getting a gap or a stutter. Not acceptable. They've got it in a feature request thread on their bugtracker but I can't see them implementing it any time soon. So I got fed up and made my own.

So I present to you, the product of about 2 weeks worth of banging my head against my keyboard and not-quite coughing my flu-ingested lungs out....
GMALP!

I don't THINK there's any significant memory issues with it still left but it is a bit rough around the edges (I didn't go very far to idiot-proof the thing). So please let me know if there's any issues with either the test example or within main.cpp itself that you C++ experts here can see!

EDIT2: Somebody already used the name "GMA" so I renamed it "GMALP" and updated downloads/links.
BPzeBanshee

Re: GMALP - a GM Audiere wrapper with loop points

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Making a goddamn legendary bump for this because it's been half a decade and YoYo still haven't implemented loop point support, and I went on a hell of a rabbit hole updating this again so I could get Zenodeath to run 64-bit.

If anyone's super Linux savvy - or even C++ savvy - I'd appreciate any help on this to make it more palatable, but as it stands it's served myself and the Team Grybanser Fox games pretty well. Link hasn't changed, I just thought some people might wanna know.