shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:37 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Aeon Zenith
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:05 pm 

The hands(?) of that boss remind me of a painting by Zdzisław Beksiński, pretty cool.
NTSC-J: You know STGs are in trouble when you have threads on how to introduce them to a wider audience and get more people playing followed by threads on how to get its hardcore fan base to play them, too.
1CCs | Twitch | YouTube

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:20 pm 

I've definitely used that one as a reference! Not sure if on this one, if not then definitely when we were planning the general enemy aesthetic.

Zdzisasdlfkjasdf Beklislkandsf definitely fit the gracefully spooky body horror aesthetic I wanted over the more overt psychosexual Giger-esque kind of thing. Mazeran's monster designs are probably the other biggest influence.

The general concept for the boss was a corrupted paladin with multiple arms (two of which would cover his face as a mask), and with the lower half of a centipede. Plan to animate it something like this.

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:14 pm 

The game look fantastic.
I tried it, my first opinion is the game are a little fast, I understand you need used the dragoon fire instead of evading, but I can't feel comfortable with the mechanic, my opinion.
But the rest, the game look awesome, congratulation.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2019 6:33 pm 

Thanks for playing!

I definitely want to keep the fast pace, but I'm hoping with the way spawns work, I can balance it so that it's more reasonable while still being learned.

I've revised the weapon systems / mechanics a fair bit over the last year. Should be more intuitive! I'm planning on getting a new demo out december/january.

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.

Aeon Zenith - My STG.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6