RIVAL MEGAGUN - PVP Battle Shmup

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
sp8cewave

Re: RIVAL MEGAGUN - PVP Battle Shmup

Post by sp8cewave »

Hey Cultstorm,

First of all thank you for pre-ordering the game. It means a lot to me personally.

I'm sorry about the delays. It's largely out of my hands but I can assure you progress is being made towards the release. There have been a number of factors contributing to the delays. The primary causes have been platform certification processes and COVID-19.

First Press keeps a release tracker up to date that you can check out here: https://firstpressgames.com/pages/release-progress

They will be posting a production update soon. Right now they have a large number of customer support tickets but they are working through them.
okerlo

Post by okerlo »

I finally gave in and got myself a copy of the game (physical even, standard PS4 thingy, highly recommended, nice thick manual and good packaging) what I would like to know: has this cross-platform online-multiplayer?
I'm currently playing it and couldn't find a single online-quickmatch so far :(
Guess this is a niche in an already niche genre, but still: where is everyone :D
Koa Zo

Post by Koa Zo »

okerlo wrote:I finally gave in and got myself a copy of the game (physical even, standard PS4 thingy, highly recommended, nice thick manual and good packaging) what I would like to know: has this cross-platform online-multiplayer?
Guess this is a niche in an already niche genre, but still: where is everyone :D
If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?
I'm in the US and still waiting on my copy I paid for a year ago.
Got a shipment confirmation maybe a month ago, but online tracking only shows the label as being created but not in transit.
okerlo

Post by okerlo »

Koa Zo wrote:
okerlo wrote:I finally gave in and got myself a copy of the game (physical even, standard PS4 thingy, highly recommended, nice thick manual and good packaging) what I would like to know: has this cross-platform online-multiplayer?
If you don't mind me asking, where are you located?
I'm in the US and still waiting on my copy I paid for a year ago.
Got a shipment confirmation maybe a month ago, but online tracking only shows the label as being created but not in transit.
I'm in Germany, I ordered it last week and got it today. My guess is that they only have one day in the week where they actually move these orders over to the logistics, it's a small company after all.
According to the newsletter they started shipping the regular edition in early January, so that's probably around the time you got your online label.
You could write them an email, I had contact with the support as well and they answered in...like an hour, so I wouldn't be too worried about the whereabouts of the game.

edit: I get to stage 6 in arcade-mode but so far no luck :evil: Buddy 2.0 is my favorite so far, nice focused shot and a satisfying forward dash when transformed.
sp8cewave

Post by sp8cewave »

okerlo wrote:has this cross-platform online-multiplayer?
Sorry for the super late reply. Thanks for buying my game! As you've probably found out - no, there is no cross-platform multiplayer unfortunately. It's just not feasible for me to support servers as a sole dev, so I rely on the individual platforms' multiplayer services.

The most active time for online matches tends to be Saturday mornings EST.
Koa Zo wrote:I'm in the US and still waiting on my copy I paid for a year ago.
Again sorry for the very late reply and thank you for purchasing my game! PS4 regular editions should have shipped out by now. Are you still waiting?

Please contact First Press Games support for issues related to the physical release as this thread is not monitored.
sp8cewave

Post by sp8cewave »

Rival Megagun XE, the arcade release on ExA Arcadia, is shipping out very soon!

It is playable right now at Round One in Puente Hills Mall for two a week event.
Info: https://twitter.com/exaarcadia/status/1 ... 3907750912

sp8cewave

Post by sp8cewave »

I just released a free demo of Rival Megagun on Steam for Steam Shmup Fest!

The demo includes two of the seven playable ships, multiplayer PVP (local and online), and two stages of the single-player arcade mode.

Read about it here: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 5055755702
RUOK

Post by RUOK »

I picked this up recently, very enjoyable unique experience.