GUNVIXEN

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
Squire Grooktook

Re: GUNVIXEN

Post by Squire Grooktook »

I would personally ask around here, if you can't find anyone there. If you're planning on doing this in Unity or Game Maker, you don't need a pro. Shmups are really simple to set up with a pre-made engine, probably the easiest possible action game genre to do it.

I am not exaggerating when I say that anyone who has taken a basic programming course around here could probably make your game in GM or Unity for you. So do consider that as an option if you're dev friends are asking too much or are not interested.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
Cata

Post by Cata »

Any update on this? This really looked incredible and I'd hate to see it fall by the wayside :(
seraph

Post by seraph »

You're teasing us with this beautiful art! I'm looking forward to seeing this in action.
tiaoferreira

Post by tiaoferreira »

WOW! Excellent arcade marquee! Image
pixelcorps

Post by pixelcorps »

NECROBUMP.

I took a year away from the game, My dayjob was killing my soul and I was getting pretty down about it all, started skateboarding again to channel some aggression..
Got a new job, working on a pretty high profile game.

Code has been ported to another engine. Working every spare moment I can get to try and get a vertical slice done for mid 2018..

Gave up looking for a character designer, was getting ignored by every single artist I wanted to commission, and I also learned a lot of Japanese character designers retain the righs so they can take a cut on merchandise and sequels, so I am also doing the character design myself..

Game will be 31khz cab friendly (15khz will probable be too heavily downscaled) , maybe will rescale all art for 4:3 HD tate and see if we can get an arcade release if it rocks hard enough?
Barba

Post by Barba »

pixelcorps wrote: Code has been ported to another engine.
It's a shame to see what they did to their own engine. Construct classic was, if you ignore the fucked up runtime, really nice, from a user perspective.
2 and 3 are useless garbage with no stable deployment options.
Squire Grooktook

Post by Squire Grooktook »

pixelcorps wrote:Gave up looking for a character designer, was getting ignored by every single artist I wanted to commission, and I also learned a lot of Japanese character designers retain the righs so they can take a cut on merchandise and sequels, so I am also doing the character design myself..
Have you considered a western artist?

Here's some fan art, from the character designer I've hired, as an example of her level of quality.

Here's some work from the monster designer I've hired, this will be sprited and used in my game.

Neither of these people charge more than 30-100 for individual concepts and designs.
RegalSin wrote:Japan an almost perfect society always threatened by outsiders....................

Instead I am stuck in the America's where women rule with an iron crotch, and a man could get arrested for sitting behind a computer too long.
Aeon Zenith - My STG.
pixelcorps

Post by pixelcorps »

Squire Grooktook wrote:
pixelcorps wrote:Gave up looking for a character designer, was getting ignored by every single artist I wanted to commission, and I also learned a lot of Japanese character designers retain the righs so they can take a cut on merchandise and sequels, so I am also doing the character design myself..

Here's some fan art, from the character designer I've hired, as an example of her level of quality.

Here's some work from the monster designer I've hired, this will be sprited and used in my game.

Neither of these people charge more than 30-100 for individual concepts and designs.
Thanks for the info! I may as well do the whole thing my self as a matter of pride, I can probably get some illustrator friends on contract to brush up my art, as opposed to being overly picky and micromanaging them to do exactly what I want.
Cata

Post by Cata »

pixelcorps wrote:
Squire Grooktook wrote:

Thanks for the info! I may as well do the whole thing my self as a matter of pride, I can probably get some illustrator friends on contract to brush up my art, as opposed to being overly picky and micromanaging them to do exactly what I want.
Damn! I was going to ask to see if you potentially needed any help with gruntwork/coding etc :lol:

Hope to see this project continue; definitely looks like something special