shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Sat May 08, 2021 11:07 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: SHMUP Creator: build and blast
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:02 pm 

I, too, would like to voice my interest in seeing this project released - looks rlly cool. Do you have a timeline estimate when we may be able to get our hands on an open beta or such? I'm looking heavily into stg dev at the moment and would rlly like to give this a spin.

I haven't had a chance to scower through the updates and all the forum posts, but as a 3d engine what sort of capability do you think we can expect? I saw that particles and shaders will be available. Also, can we get an estimate on how many frames of input lag we can expect?
Also, will this engine have easy 'Tate' mode support? (It is a stg engine, so it rlly should imo)

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: SHMUP Creator: build and blast
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:43 pm 

This is a tool as well as an engine, and the goal is still to allow untechnical people to make shmups and have fun. It will not be the perfect shmup engine, (yet!).

This is a V1, and there will be room for improvements: there is no particle editor for now (you need to write a simple script) but I will add one later. You can edit materials, but not shaders.
The 3D engine is not PS5 unreal quality, but you can make games close to Natsuki chronicles with it (or the last 3D R-Type).
I started a tate mode a long time ago, but it needs more work and will not be part of the V1.

It will definitely be released this year. It's hard for me to find enough time to make a lot of progress every week, but it's almost there. And I'm going to release a trailer in a few weeks.
S.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7