Rigid Force Alpha - OUT NOW!!

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
com8com1

Re: Rigid Force Alpha - Updated: 2018/04/16

Post by com8com1 »

Will there be a focus button for those playing with digital controls?
Yes, there are actually two ways to focus (i.e. slow down your ship), regardless of your selected control type:
► Use the "Attract" function. This will draw energy orbs to your ship, which refill your power gauge, which again can be used for several different purposes. This function slows down your ship and is available at all times.
► Charge your main weapon to deliver a powerful blast, as long as your power gauge is filled. This will also slow down your ship movements, but only temporary (as long as your power gauge lasts).

Both require some skill, but can be effectively used to precisely manoeuver past opponents and projectiles.

Image Image

EDIT: Added some GIFs to better illustrate both functions. Left: Focus by Attracting, right: Focus by Charging.
Last edited by com8com1 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rigid Force Alpha on: STEAM | com8com1.com | Facebook | Twitter
com8com1

Re: Rigid Force Alpha - Updated: 2018/04/16

Post by com8com1 »

Hard to believe, but after so many years of hard work I can finally announce a release date for this game: Rigid Force Alpha will launch onto Steam on August 31st 2018! And that's pretty soon.
Hope you guys will take a look at the Steam page or the website for more information.

Here's the official release trailer:
►► Release Trailer (August 2018) ►►
com8com1

Re: Rigid Force Alpha - It's finally out!

Post by com8com1 »

It's finally out! Rigid Force Alpha is now available on Steam, after almost seven years of development. I just wanted to let you all know, so I've just updated the first post in this thread with all the latest info and some new screenshots from the release version. Thanks for the feedback over the years. I only wish I had posted more updates over here, but at least you could follow the progress a little bit. Maybe next time. I hope I'll be back soon! ;)

In the meantime, I'd be glad if you would check out the game's Steam page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/724390

Thanks again and see you! :)