Drive to Hell - new co-op vehicle based twin-stick shmup!

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
Ghost Crab Games

Drive to Hell - new co-op vehicle based twin-stick shmup!

Post by Ghost Crab Games »

Hey all, been lurking here a bit and just wanted to introduce myself and our new game! My name is Chris and I'm the owner and lead programmer for Ghost Crab Games, a new two-man indie studio out of Philadelphia. We've just completed development of our first game Drive to Hell which is a twin-stick vehicle based shooter that can be played solo or co-op up to four players. It features 25 levels including 4 unique boss fights, 4 difficulties, 5 survival levels, and a whole mess of vehicles, monsters, weapons, and abilities. There's lots more information over at drivetohell.com.

Gameplay trailer on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvKpJrY3iIg

And a few screenshots:

Image Image
Image Image

The game is out now on a whole mess of sites (Desura, itch.io, IndieGameStand, and more) for Windows and OSX and is only $7.99 if you're curious.

Just a bit of technical background, Drive to Hell was built in Unity3D using Matt Rix's excellent Futile framework for 2D. We started it back in May of last year but the time since then hasn't been 100% development on this as we've been working other projects, learning things, getting married, working full time jobs, etc. We've had a lot of fun making Drive to Hell and I hope you'll have a good time playing it. If anyone has any questions about the game or its development I'll be happy to answer them!

Last edited by Ghost Crab Games on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of vehicle-based twin-stick shmup Drive to Hell! Check us out and vote on Steam Greenlight!
BPzeBanshee

Re: Drive to Hell - new co-op vehicle based twin-stick shmup

Post by BPzeBanshee »

Great to hear!

Since this is a finished game up for sale, perhaps a thread in Shmups Chat may net you more interest. Only a small percentage of the forum browses Development by comparison.
Ghost Crab Games

Re: Drive to Hell - new co-op vehicle based twin-stick shmup

Post by Ghost Crab Games »

Can do! Thanks!
Developer of vehicle-based twin-stick shmup Drive to Hell! Check us out and vote on Steam Greenlight!