shmups.system11.org

Shmups Forum

* FAQ    * Search
 * Register  * Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:32 am View unanswered posts
View active topics

Post subject: Drive to Hell - new co-op vehicle based twin-stick shmup!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:00 am 

Hey all, been lurking here a bit and just wanted to introduce myself and our new game! My name is Chris and I'm the owner and lead programmer for Ghost Crab Games, a new two-man indie studio out of Philadelphia. We've just completed development of our first game Drive to Hell which is a twin-stick vehicle based shooter that can be played solo or co-op up to four players. It features 25 levels including 4 unique boss fights, 4 difficulties, 5 survival levels, and a whole mess of vehicles, monsters, weapons, and abilities. There's lots more information over at drivetohell.com.

Gameplay trailer on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvKpJrY3iIg

And a few screenshots:

Image Image
Image Image

The game is out now on a whole mess of sites (Desura, itch.io, IndieGameStand, and more) for Windows and OSX and is only $7.99 if you're curious.

Just a bit of technical background, Drive to Hell was built in Unity3D using Matt Rix's excellent Futile framework for 2D. We started it back in May of last year but the time since then hasn't been 100% development on this as we've been working other projects, learning things, getting married, working full time jobs, etc. We've had a lot of fun making Drive to Hell and I hope you'll have a good time playing it. If anyone has any questions about the game or its development I'll be happy to answer them!

Last edited by Ghost Crab Games on Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Drive to Hell - new co-op vehicle based twin-stick shmup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:10 am 

Great to hear!

Since this is a finished game up for sale, perhaps a thread in Shmups Chat may net you more interest. Only a small percentage of the forum browses Development by comparison.
Projects: G.M.O.S.S.E / Warbird A13:02 / Zenohell / XII STAG Hi-Score Thread

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Drive to Hell - new co-op vehicle based twin-stick shmup
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:25 am 

Can do! Thanks!

Offline Profile