New GameMaker addon/scripts to support BulletML!

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
ForteMP3

New GameMaker addon/scripts to support BulletML!

Post by ForteMP3 »

Believe it or not, someone has ported BulletML to GameMaker 6. While I still don't fully understand the basics of BulletML, the tools/scripts come with a sample game to show how it can be used. If anyone here's a fan of BulletML and also happens to use GameMaker, this is something to look at!

Scripts/Files to use BulletML in GM6 can be found here:
http://www.geocities.jp/hogehige2005/index_eng.html

BulletML can be found here:
http://shinh.skr.jp/libbulletml/index_en.html

Needless to say, this could make complex bullet patterns a lot easier, though of course there's always something to be said for one's own creativity.
YOU ARE APPROACHING THE TARGET OF ATTACK! THE MISSION STARTS NOW! ARE YOU READY?!
fog

Re: New GameMaker addon/scripts to support BulletML!

Post by fog »

ForteMP3 wrote: Needless to say, this could make complex bullet patterns a lot easier, though of course there's always something to be said for one's own creativity.
True. I've never really looked into BulletML but I already have my own bullet/weapon systems which I'd imagine are similar.....although no doubt considerably slower and less complicated :D

Be worth having a play with though if you have GM6
Waromen

This is a great program

Post by Waromen »

The work on Rrootage is cool as hell. I know they used Bullet ML for their patterns. I'm having a problem using it in Gamemaker though. I=How do you use ML in the program?
Zhon

Post by Zhon »

If you don't use bullet xml's by others, then you're not really removing your own creativity from the process.