LASERPITIUM - horizontal 2D shoot-them-up

A place for people with an interest in developing new shmups.
I.Heat

LASERPITIUM - horizontal 2D shoot-them-up

Post by I.Heat »

(I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I'll try anyway, my apologies in advance if it seems too invasive or inappropriate.)

First of all, hello ladies and gentlemen, I'm Irving Heat, composer for the reeteam, and I have things to show you!

I present to you LASERPITIUM, a frenetic old school shooter that will probably make you burp blood in the last difficulty levels (I hope at least).
I'm the person behind all the music in the game, and I take the liberty of revealing that a little where I can because hey, you have to go through it.
We've been on it for a while, but we're well and truly done with this title, so what I present to you is a 100% finished game (of course a few updates later, and maybe a few additions, who knows).

Basically, we are waiting for more than to get our hands on an editor to release all this, and then you can put your paws on it (and break your screen and controller in rage).
Here is a link to the official trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ5MBo2VzQs

And I invite you to jump on my personal channel where all the music in the game is listed under a single playlist (I'll let you rummage through all the songs):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qo37qXj ... Lj6lcUTvB5

Well, to finish, a little link to the team's official website, come say hello, any encouragement will do them good, it was a long-term job and, in all humility, we have a lot of hope with what we managed to do:

https://www.thereeteam.com/

I await your feedback, and really, thank you in advance, and I hope you like it !
Sturmvogel Prime

Re: LASERPITIUM - horizontal 2D shoot-them-up

Post by Sturmvogel Prime »

Looks amazing! Graphically looks like a well drawn cartoon.
Fan of Transformers, Shmups and Anime-styled Girls. You're teamed up with the right pilot!
Bringing you shmup and video game reviews with humorous criticism.

STG Wikias: Thunder Force Wiki - Wikiheart Exelica - Ginga Force Wiki
I.Heat

Post by I.Heat »

Thank you for your reply, which is very pleasing!
Verticen

Post by Verticen »

It looks like you’ve got a good bit of work done on the stage art, it looks very unique and detailed. The game strikes me as a bit euro-shmupish, but that's not necessarily a bad thing for a game with good art & music direction. The game looks well on its way.

I think something you should mess with is increasing the outline around ships and other foreground objects. With everything in the game highly detailed, this could visually assist the player picking out what are important gameplay objects. Don’t overdo it and kill the good detail, just add a few px.

Also, I noticed a few instances where debris and shrapnel overlap bullets. In general, it's a good idea to prioritize the visibility of enemy, then player bullets, above everything else. Lots of chunky debris is good, and can make or break a shooting game, but they should usually be a layer behind all bullets. (They can appear above enemy and player ships however.)
I.Heat

Post by I.Heat »

Thanks for the comment, friend! I'm going to relay what you say directly to the project manager, just to see what he thinks about it!