Time for another Arizona shmupmeet

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
greg

Time for another Arizona shmupmeet

Post by greg »

Hey, it's cool that there is a new forum dedicated to just shmupmeets. Lou says we're past due for another shmupmeet, and I agree. And since the shmupmeets usually don't happen unless I coordinate them, here goes.

Let's plan on having another shmupmeet in March or April. Kid Aphex and Shearie, are you up for it this time around?
Undamned is the leading English-speaking expert on the consolized UD-CPS2 because he's the one who made it.
GIANT SQUID

meet

Post by GIANT SQUID »

Greg:
What part of Phoenix are you in? i live in tempe/mesa, right on the border..hahah..post any extra info if you will be having the meet.

-GS!
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

GREG:
Who else plays here in town? I am really into fighting games, so i am part of that scene, i go to tournies and what not.. just wondering who else is taking part and if they post here. Also, you can find me on msn messenger, my email there is mirhgem@hotmail.com

okay, hope to hear form you soon.
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

greg:
jesus christ man, post!!! hahahah, ok, you should post your msn sc so we can talk like that. i want to meet some more shmup players in my area.

GS!
aurang

Post by aurang »

Been a while since the last AZ shmupmeet, let me know when you want to set one up.

Aurang
In space, no one can sink your battleship!
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

yeah, whenever anyone wants oto get together. im game. i also play fighting games, so i would like that too.
8 1/2

Post by 8 1/2 »

Ah, I wish I could make the trip again. It was great stuff the last couple of times. If you do another one, you should set up a bit of a tournament just to make it interesting and little more focused.

Good to see that you're still around here Greg. I assume that Jon and Undamned still post too? I saw Specineff's name floating around already.
FULL LOCK is BOMB
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

hah, greg has not posted in a while. i am assuming that he would be the guy that would set everything up. i don't have the best shmup collection. how many people in phoenix are into this, or better yet, how many people were at the last meet??
greg

Post by greg »

Sorry about that, Squid guy... Having the shmupmeets in their own forum is a new thing, and I kinda forgot to keep checking back with this thread. On top of that, I haven't been keeping up with the Shmupsforum much lately. I'm a West Valley guy. We usually have our get togethers at Undamned's place, and he lives an easy bike ride north of where I am. He lives around 27th Ave north of Bell Rd. When we have a GT there on Saturdays, we usually have a followup the next day at Jon's place. He lives around 44th St. and Indian School, so he's more of a Central/East Valley guy.

For us shmupper regulars in Phoenix, the four of us are Undamned, Jon, Specineff and myself. Occasionally Sleeveboy attends our GTs, he's an occasional lurker/poster on here but spends most of his time on the Next Level boards. 8 1/2 is from California, but he's driven out to hang out with us the past two times. And last time Aurang came down from Prescott! Kid Aphex and Shearie are two East Vally guys who have yet to hang out with us, but hopefully someday they'll come.

8 1/2, nice to see around! I thought you'd given up on this forum. Nice to see you around.

Anyhow, yeah, Shmupmeets usually don't happen unless I coordinate things and get the ball rolling, so to speak. Currently, I'm planning another trip to Japan at the end of April. So, I'd say let's plan ahead and set a date in June or so.
Undamned is the leading English-speaking expert on the consolized UD-CPS2 because he's the one who made it.
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

greg:
nice to finally see ya say somthin' hahah. okay, well you can count me in if you have a meet. i am there. before you go to japan, tell me, i would like to meet up with ya and maybe you can bring some stuff back for me hahahah. ok, talk to you soon. my msn email is mirhgem@hotmail.com im on a lot so get on there.
greg

Post by greg »

I'm not on the MSN chat, but I do use Yahoo IM. Feel free to leave me a PM, or you can send me an e-mail. Go to my homepage link to get that. I used to have my e-mail listed on here until the board got hacked.
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

greg:
ok, my SN on yahoo is graphite_revolver im on at night, so yeah. talk to you soon.

GS!
greg

Post by greg »

OK, I'm serious now. It's summertime, and for some reason my otaku instincts kick into overdrive when the weather gets hot. My wrists/hands are well on the way to recovery from tendonitis/carpal tunnel syndrome. I'd say I'm about 80% back to normal. Anyhow, let's get together sometime in July. All agreed?
russ

Post by russ »

Damn, this is too bad for me - I'm heading back home in a couple days. Just came out to see some family for my birthday (I'm 18 today, wee), but I'm going back to my lovely home in Texas on Tuesday. I didn't realize you guys were so close - the place I'm staying at is off of 24th and Bell! Well, maybe one time I'll get lucky and be down here for vacation again at the time of a meet. Have fun!
"No beer until you've finished your tequila!"
aurang

Post by aurang »

I'm mainly living in the arizona side of the tri state area these days, working for my father until december, but I have my apartment in prescott until the end of august. How about a meet saturday the 9th of July?
In space, no one can sink your battleship!
kid aphex

Post by kid aphex »

I should be able to make this one.
I'm definitely interested in checking out some people's PCB sets to see if I should make the dive...
Shearie

Post by Shearie »

I definitely want to make it to the Shmupmeet this time around since I missed the last one. I'm exited since I haven't played a shmup in a proper arcade cabinet in years.
greg

Post by greg »

Great! Well, Aurang has suggested Saturday, July 9th. I think I'm free anytime. What do you all think?

It looks like that Giant Squid guy probably won't be coming... He seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. Hasn't replied to my e-mail, either.
Jon

Post by Jon »

As always I am down with whatever is decided. I will watch the thread. :wink:
undamned

Post by undamned »

I should be down ;)
-ud
Righteous Super Hero / Righteous Love
greg

Post by greg »

undamned wrote:I should be down ;)
-ud
You should be down. We're having it at your place again. I'll be the cook again. Everyone, bring about $5 and we'll have plenty of yummy hamburgers and chicken. UD, your grill still works, right?
greg

Post by greg »

OK, we have a week more to go before we get together. What does everyone want to do this time? Also, please PM me for instructions and such.
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

ha hey foolios! i'm here and i totally returned your email greg! hahah anyway, yeah i may be able to stop by this weekend if it's still happening. i am gonna go play some GGXX#R and 3rd Strike on friday, so sat would be a good follow up. keep me posted.

GIANT SQUID!
greg

Post by greg »

I called Undamned tonight and he's in the same situation I'm in, being caught off-guard after the 4th of July weekend. Two big weekends in a row is a bit much. So, we'll have the get-together next Saturday at his place. I'll PM those involved to make sure they all get instructions.
Specineff

Post by Specineff »

So it's going to be Saturday 9 or the 16? I have a dentist appointment on the 16, so depending at what hour, I might or might not be available.
Don't hold grudges. GET EVEN.
greg

Post by greg »

OK, Spec says he can't make it on the 16th (this Saturday). Is everyone okay for the 23rd?

Also, unfortunately, it seems like Aurang won't be able to make it since he's moving.
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

im in. seriously anyone who plays fighting games or puzzle games speak up so i can bring some puyo puyo fever, panel de pon (n64) and whatever....ggxx#r, vf4 evo...super turbo, 3rd strike...

ok

GIANT SQUID
greg

Post by greg »

Ooh, Panel de Pon for the N64? I didn't know it came out for that system. Yeah, we end up playing puzzle games and fighting games. Bring over what you like. The last time we played multiplayer Bomberman on the Saturn with ten people or so.
Eric Manch

Post by Eric Manch »

greg wrote:For us shmupper regulars in Phoenix, the four of us are Undamned, Jon, Specineff and myself. Occasionally Sleeveboy attends our GTs, he's an occasional lurker/poster on here but spends most of his time on the Next Level boards.
Hey guys!

Something happened to my account, so I reregistered (I'm sleeveboy, for those who don't know me from here, TNL or elsewhere).

Will there be a shmupmeet tomorrow, or next weekend? I'm going to be in Phoenix tomorrow (I live in Tucson).
GIANT SQUID

Post by GIANT SQUID »

yeaha, greg, it is pokemon puzzle league, same game with a laxed skill combo system.. anyway, sleeveboy, i have played fighting games with you. i am HAMMER FRENZY in the az fightin game scene.