Return of the DC/MD/VA Shmupmeet (March 25)

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
StarCreator

Return of the DC/MD/VA Shmupmeet (March 25)

Post by StarCreator »

For various reasons we've taken a break but seems like we are probably good to go to meet again soon. I have a second candy now, a New Net City, that should be ready to go and I have that new exA Touhou game that there were so many of at MAGFest.

I'm available on either the first or last weekend of March - let me know which day works better and we'll go with that?
Last edited by StarCreator on Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
nZero

Re: Return of the DC/MD/VA Shmupmeet (March 4 or 25)

Post by nZero »

Last weekend please
XtraSmiley

Re: Return of the DC/MD/VA Shmupmeet (March 4 or 25)

Post by XtraSmiley »

Hey, I'm up for either and am eager to meet some of you in person...

I can bring some games from my collection as we get closer. Finally got a Gunbird thanks to Kiken!
StarCreator

Re: Return of the DC/MD/VA Shmupmeet (March 25 or April 1)

Post by StarCreator »

Would April 1 work?
yuberus

Re: Return of the DC/MD/VA Shmupmeet (March 25 or April 1)

Post by yuberus »

I *might* be hitting up Midwest Gaming Classic that weekend, but if I end up not going last weekend of March/April 1 would be fine on my end!
Formerly Ubersaurus
Creator and author of Atari Archive, the chronological history of the Atari VCS and its library!
StarCreator

Re: Return of the DC/MD/VA Shmupmeet (March 25)

Post by StarCreator »

Nailing down March 25, as that seems to be the date with the least conflicts. See you then!

If you haven't been here before or need a reminder on how to get here shoot me a PM.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

March 25th it is then. I’ll bring all the regular stuff.
Gwyrgyn Blood

Post by Gwyrgyn Blood »

A) I will be there
B) I have figured out my shmumps login
C) This is the day after Ryza 3 and RE4R release, this weekend is gonna be OP as fuck
D) You think you can beat me with that? Loser ...
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Hey all! We're still on for next week!

Please contact me if you need my address - it hasn't changed since last time!

Have a last minute addition to my rec room on its way, not sure if it'll be here in time though...

Also, I now have a cat, though she normally doesn't come down to the rec room. I'll try to keep allergens to a minimum!
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Guys (gals?) I'm still in and will be there around 3ish.

I have a large collection of games, to include brawlers. Are there any requests?
yuberus

Post by yuberus »

I should be able to come through early on for a few hours! I've got a Mister and a variety of old consoles if anyone has requests. At minimum I'll probably have my Dreamcast with me just due to my evening plans.

Oh I can also bring along a copy of my upcoming book in case anyone wants to flip through it!
Last edited by yuberus on Fri Mar 24, 2023 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Ubersaurus
Creator and author of Atari Archive, the chronological history of the Atari VCS and its library!
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

At the moment I have one CRT set aside for consoles and three CRT candies (JVS in Tate and JAMMA in any orientation). My collection is fairly Cave-centric, I have the three ESP titles, DDP DOJ, Progear, exA SDOJ and Touhou (A&B needs to be sent in for repair) and a few other odds and ends.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Thanks to StarCreator for hosting a great night.

I'm not sure what is wrong with the shmups crowd, because while they know their shmups, they apparently like terrible fighting games.

Image Image Image
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

ok, finally got spoons to do things

these are all the photos I took bc Kiken was indisposed and wanted at least to live vicariously through me lol (also, Kiken, you can throw pics at Minzoku#7264 instead of Ash all the time haha, that's one I accidentally made when I was trying to set up the one account)

"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
Minzoku

Post by Minzoku »

(there are also cat photos but I'll only post those by request)
"This is not an alien life form! He is an experimental government aircraft!"
yuberus

Post by yuberus »

XtraSmiley wrote:Thanks to StarCreator for hosting a great night.

I'm not sure what is wrong with the shmups crowd, because while they know their shmups, they apparently like terrible fighting games.

Image Image Image
I'm just saying we need a session with that Dino Rex and Martial Champion on the roster!

Very fun time seeing ya'll. I'll add that I'm happy to host one of these things at my place sometime - don't have any arcade cabs but I do have a pretty good array of console setups and a Mister.
Formerly Ubersaurus
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Thanks for coming out everyone! I took a few pics but looks like we're pretty covered on that front already.

Going to be down for a couple months probably as I get some things sent out for repairs/updates but certainly up for hosting again when things are ready.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

yuberus wrote:

Image Image Image
I'm just saying we need a session with that Dino Rex and Martial Champion on the roster!

Very fun time seeing ya'll. I'll add that I'm happy to host one of these things at my place sometime - don't have any arcade cabs but I do have a pretty good array of console setups and a Mister.
Set it up! I'll bring both Dino Rex and MC and a Supergun, so as long as you have a TV and a yearning for terrible fighters, we can do it!

I'm sure there are a couple more bad ones as well, maybe a few rounds of Blood Warrior?
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

StarCreator wrote:Thanks for coming out everyone! I took a few pics but looks like we're pretty covered on that front already.

Going to be down for a couple months probably as I get some things sent out for repairs/updates but certainly up for hosting again when things are ready.
That Blast monitor looks better in the pics! By chance, did it look better with a PCB other than an F3?
yuberus

Post by yuberus »

XtraSmiley wrote:
yuberus wrote:

Image Image Image

Set it up! I'll bring both Dino Rex and MC and a Supergun, so as long as you have a TV and a yearning for terrible fighters, we can do it!

I'm sure there are a couple more bad ones as well, maybe a few rounds of Blood Warrior?
I'll keep that in mind! April's busy but I may be able to host something mid-May or into June, we'll see.

Ironically, in the new MAME update that just went out, Gamshara now is supported!
Formerly Ubersaurus