Super MAGFest 2022 - January 6-9

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
StarCreator

Super MAGFest 2022 - January 6-9

Post by StarCreator »

We're a month out from the return of MAGFest. It sounds like we have roughly the same configuration of cabs as we had two years ago. For my part, I plan to have one of my HD cabs in tate (finally) and will probably be running the exA-Arcadia on it all weekend. I also have all the other PCBs I had last time if we want to plan out who is bringing what again.
majors

Re: Super MAGFest 2022 - January 6-9

Post by majors »

Looking forward to it! As Star mentioned, I should have 4 tate candys (maybe 3 and one hori for ProGear) for those wishing to lend a PCB. I'll have filler shooters running in the meantime.

Dan from Lost Ark may have an extra exA game to lend for Star's mobo.

I recently picked up a Ringedge 2 but I haven't figured out the tricks yet to run Under Defeat or Caladrius. If anyone wants to tutoral me, it would be greatly apprec'd.
Wedoca '24
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

Does bringing cabs or PCBs get you into the fest for free or at a discount?
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

XtraSmiley wrote:Does bringing cabs or PCBs get you into the fest for free or at a discount?
MAGFest does traditionally run a cab for a badge program, given you can handle transportation of the cabinet, but I'm not sure when it's too late to apply. It would have to be a cab; PCBs alone do not qualify.
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

I'll bring the following:

Gunbird
Strikers 1945 Part II
In The Hunt
ESPGaluda II
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 5 (dedicated PCB)
Zedblade/Operation Ragnarok
Prehistoric Isle 2

I can also bring Twinkle Star Sprites if another copy is needed. I'd bring Radirgy Noa, but for some reason most of the soundtrack doesn't play... aside from that the game runs fine.
BareKnuckleRoo

Post by BareKnuckleRoo »

Out of curiosity, what's the insurance policy for bringing cabs to an event like this? Are they covered against damage by the event's insurance against something like someone drunk smashing the screen or a fire breaking out? Not that I'd expect to see either of those at MAGFest! Obviously breakage due to transport to and from the event or normal wear and tear at the event would not apply.

I'm asking I've heard of other events requesting people loan their cabs to setup a games room, just curious what the norm is for this sort of thing.
majors

Post by majors »

BareKnuckleRoo wrote: ...or a fire breaking out?
LOL, Starcreator has a story for you. I should know it also, but I was pretty drunk at the time.

As for liability, I'm not the official word on stuff like that but if you're concerned about damage, might be best to keep your cab(s) at home. If you have been to MAG before, you might have a feel for risk. As a vendor, I charge to bring my equipment so any breakage is covered by my fee.
Wedoca '24
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

I'll be showing up.

I can bring Battle Garegga, Ketsui, Espgaluda, and TAP2. I have a friend driving down so I can bring more than one PCB this time. Now I wish I didn't sell some of my other games. :(
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

StarCreator wrote:
XtraSmiley wrote:Does bringing cabs or PCBs get you into the fest for free or at a discount?
MAGFest does traditionally run a cab for a badge program, given you can handle transportation of the cabinet, but I'm not sure when it's too late to apply. It would have to be a cab; PCBs alone do not qualify.
Thanks for this info. I think I'm too far behind to mess with this for this one, but maybe next year!

I can bring some PCBs though (if I come).

Also, I'll plug my WTB list since so many seem to be coming to the area with PCBs. If you have something you want to sell before or after MF, hit me up. I also have stuff for trade!

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=69460
majors

Post by majors »

I'll have Game Paradise, DoDon DOJ (PGM cart), Viper Phase 1, Dragon Saber and ProGear (multi). Strider77 is also coming with some boards but dunno what he is planning to bring.

Ratikal -> I don't know "TAP2"...is that Tetris?

Most of you know the drill, my phone hasn't changed. PM me if you want to coordinate more. I hope to see old and new faces (well, as much face I can see with your mask on). I'll be in the museum area a lot since that's where the cooler will be.
Wedoca '24
StarCreator

Post by StarCreator »

Apparently Arcade Impact had to pull out for various reasons. Are we able to fill in some fighting games to cover their absence? I have a Darksoft modded CPS3 that I should plug in to make sure it still works but not much else.
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

StarCreator wrote:Apparently Arcade Impact had to pull out for various reasons. Are we able to fill in some fighting games to cover their absence? I have a Darksoft modded CPS3 that I should plug in to make sure it still works but not much else.
Cabs or PCBs? I can't really move my cabs easily, but could do some PCBs. CPS2 multi, PGM Killing Blade, Martial Masters, and uh a bunch of brawlers (Konami TMNT style), but not fighting games.

I should note that I don't know for sure if I'm coming yet or not, COVID and all...
majors

Post by majors »

Most of you know I'm heavy on fighters already. I plan to run CvS2, ST, 3S, Fate, Melty, Project Justice, Fighting Layer, En-Eins, Sol Cal 2 and Rumble Fish 2. I know Dave and Troy also bring a few (I know of Rival Schools, EX2+, Tekken 5, Alpha 2, Skullgirls, In Birth, Fist of the N. Star and MvC2). I feel we should stick to shooters since we've been planning for swapping them out already.

Star -> You should make sure your CPS3 works...I had a battery explode on me (I assume you've removed it in yours). As for bringing it, _not_ if you plan to run it in on LCD :)

I talked to Justin and he wishes he could make it. Silver lining is we'll all have more elbow room!
Wedoca '24
Kiken

Post by Kiken »

FG-wise I can always bring Kabuki Klash, Rage of the Dragons, Garou Mark of The Wolves, Last Blade 2 and Waku Waku 7.

And I guess I'll bring Pink Sweets.
majors

Post by majors »

I got word from Troy that, along with Rival Schools, he is also planning to run:

(fighters) Vampire Savior, Groove On Fight, Ultra Street Fighter IV, Million Arthur Arcana Blood and Guilty Gear Strive.

(Neo) League Bowling, Street Hoop, Aero Fighters 2, Sengoku, Nightmare In the Dark and Samurai Shodown II.
Wedoca '24
ratikal

Post by ratikal »

Hey majors,

Yeah, TAP means TGM2. Due to the weather, I'll be arriving tomorrow evening. Games will be arriving that night too but I bet my friend will want to pass out after driving 6 hours.

Looking forward to seeing you all!
majors

Post by majors »

Thanks to Star, Kiken and Rad for lending the boards! It may have been a little smaller than years past but that couldn't be helped. Hope to see you all next year.

Did Xtrasmiley make it out?

Last edited by majors on Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wedoca '24
XtraSmiley

Post by XtraSmiley »

majors wrote:Thanks to Star, Kiken and Rad for lending the boards! It may have been a little smaller than years past but that couldn't be helped. Hope to see you all next year.

Did Xtrasmiley make it out?
No I didn't, feeling a bit sick and didn't want to risk giving anyone anything. A shame too, since I live so close!

Oh well, I'll hit up next year! I've been before and it's a great time!

I'll try to bring a cab or two next year, and of course a host of PCBs!