SoCal Shmupmeet - Saturday April 13th, 2019

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Frenetic

SoCal Shmupmeet - Saturday April 13th, 2019

Post by Frenetic »

It's been a while but it's time for another SoCal Shmupmeet!

Pictures:
Pics from the past SoCal shmupmeets are here:
here http://imgur.com/a/4naB9#0 here http://imgur.com/a/wxEOW#0 and here http://imgur.com/a/C5GdA#0 Lookit how much fun we all had. Don't miss this one!
Video of past shmupmeet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRjiIPEm174

**Items needed**
Repair/Testing superguns and some PCBs
Tables for gaming setups
Surge protectors and a couple of extension cords.
If you have a folding/portable chair, please bring one so you can chill out in the backyard, chat with fellow shmupsforum members, and enjoy a cold refreshing beverage and a plate of delicious hot food.

When: Saturday, April 13th 1pm-8pm

Where: My house in Torrance, CA (please PM me to RSVP and I will send you my address/details as we get closer to the date. Thanks!) There is a dedicated game room which opens to the backyard with a patio and lawn for hanging out and talking about shmups.

How much: Free! But it is a potluck like last time. You gotta bring a main dish to share! When you PM to RSVP let me know what you are going to bring and I'll post it up.

Setups so far:
1x New Net City Vertical w/Xbox 360 and Namco JVS-->JAMMA adapter
1x New Net City Horizontal w/Xbox 360 and Namco JVS-->JAMMA adapter
1x Egret 3 w/Toshiba Pure Flat monitor Horizontal
1x Large Emerson w/S-video console setup PC-engine w/Turbo Everdrive/Wii/PS2/Dreamcast/Xbox 360 (I have a Hori Real Arcade Pro 2 stick with Dreamcast adapter) this will be for Fighting Games (USFIV on Xbox 360, people are welcome to bring other fighting games)
1x JP Xbox 360 setup with Tate LCD Monitor
4x PVMs (I have superguns if someone could help me do some work on them, please let me know)
Superguns from alamone

Game requests: Gradius II PCB

Trading/Buying/Selling:
Also feel free to post your games you'd like to sell/trade. You'll get to test the game out in person and no shipping or Ebay/PayPal fees. WOOT! Make a post in the thread, and I will edit this post so everyone will get a good look at your stuff.

Game collections:
Frenetic's game list:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... XdkE#gid=0

Attendees:
(If you have PCBs, please feel free to share your Google Doc list, and I'll put them up on this thread ) Would love to see some demos by the particular game you're good at!)

RSVP'd attendees:

Food 1: mikehaggar - TBA
Food 2: Necronopticous - TBA
Food 3: Gunbu - TBA
Food 4: jepjepjep - TBA
Food 5: Dumple - Coming from San Diego, bringing chips
Food 6: alamone & friend - TBA
Food 7: neccros & friend - TBA
Food 8: Jelloman581 - TBA
Food 9: Neo G-Tron & friend - TBA
Food 10: jongoo - TBA
Food 11: seattlehxc - beer
Food 12:
Food 13:
Food 14:
Food 15:
Food 16:

Drinks are only being brought by people coming from a long distance
Drinks 1: seattlexc - Beer!
Drinks 2:
Drinks 3:
Drinks 4:

Looking forward to seeing some of you again and meeting some of you for the first time,
Frenetic
Frenetic

Re: SoCal Shmupmeet - Saturday April 13th

Post by Frenetic »

I've updated with some new attendees. If you are attending feel free to PM me with what you are bringing to the potluck! Let's chill, chat, and play shmups!

Best,
-the F-man
seattlexc

Re: SoCal Shmupmeet - Saturday April 13th, 2019

Post by seattlexc »

Thanks for hosting everyone Frenetic! You and your wife were very hospitable and everyone enjoyed the great gaming setup. It was fun meeting other forum members and seeing some good runs, especially the 1CC of Gradius 2 :shock:
RIP Seattle SuperSonics - 1967–2008
Dumple

Post by Dumple »

Thanks so much Frenetic for hosting - and special thanks for setting up Gradius II! Most of my shmupping is on MAME so getting to play that on cab was a real treat. I was proud to show off a clear, after a couple of failed attempts (third time's the charm!)

I had a great day - was great to see some familiar faces and meet most of you for the first time. Lots of great people and great games all in one place.
Necronopticous

Post by Necronopticous »

Good times as always!
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

Thank you everyone for bringing food and fun to the shmupmeet. It was great seeing all of you again and just sharing the good vibes.

Here's some pics I took at the shmupmeet. Feel free to post up yours if you took any.

https://imgur.com/gallery/NvPrSHl

Till we meet again!

--the F-man
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Too bad I couldn't make it to this one, as I had a previous commitment ( why did they have to be the same day ) . Its nice seeing these meetups still going. Would love to go to the next one. Heck,, I wouldn't mind hosting one myself, don't have arcade cabs though, but I got a bunch of console shmups.
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Anyone down for a meet up? Its been a while.
Frenetic

Post by Frenetic »

I've been pretty busy with work as of late, but if someone wants to host one you have my blessing!

Cheers,
the F-man
Gamer707b

Post by Gamer707b »

Im out in Bakersfield and would love to host one. Though I don't have any cabs. just a bunch of console shmups.