Cancelled: SCRcade Sep 14-16, 2018

Having a shmupmeet? Want to find one in your area? Come on in here then...
Frenetic

Cancelled: SCRcade Sep 14-16, 2018

Post by Frenetic »

Update: Sorry, looks like we couldn’t make it happen this year. :(

Hi everyone,

I'm excited to share that there are talks about having a pop up arcade at the fighting game tournament SoCal Regionals http://www.socalregionals.com/ at the Ontario Convention Center. CaliPower, Mr. Street Fighter, Alex Valle has personally reached out to us to help organize this awesome event. I'm hoping maybe we could do a Wasshoi/Tougeki/StunFest style event where we could feature a high level shmup demonstration and have shmups/Tetris the Grandmaster/lesser known but still awesome fighting games/Japanese Riichi Mahjong. We had a similar event last year at the Ontario Convention Center, where I brought one of my candy cabs and we showcased Battle Garegga and other shmups.

Who would be able to volunteer candy cabinets to loan for the event? Share your love for the hobby and play an arcade operator for a day!

What shmups would you recommend?

Any Tetris the Grandmaster players? I can bring TGM1/TGM2, James Chen is a TGM enthusiast as well.

Who else might be coming out to this? Please post in the thread. Am open to suggestions as well.

This is gonna be so LIT. Get hype!

--F
jepjepjep

Re: SCRcade (Popup Arcade at SoCal Regionals) Sep 14-16, 201

Post by jepjepjep »

This sounds like an awesome event!
Gamer707b

Re: SCRcade (Popup Arcade at SoCal Regionals) Sep 14-16, 201

Post by Gamer707b »

Hey there Frenetic. Been to a few of Hodari's get togethers, so I'll do my best to make it.
Frenetic

Re: Cancelled: SCRcade Sep 14-16, 2018

Post by Frenetic »

Sorry, looks like it won’t happen this year. Shucks.